RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

RC10GT Mount
Old
  (#1)
boogiemantm

RC10GT Mount - 03.11.2010, 05:40 AM

Hello,

I am converting my RC10GT into a brushless truck. I have everything I need short of an engine mount. I had heard that Mike can either fabricate a custom one, or I can use his pre-fabricated Revo mount. however the Revo mount is out of stock, and I have tried to contact Mike a few times with no response.

Do i have any other options here? short of fabricating my own with my non-existent CAD skills at something like emachineshop or just banging out my own with a grinder/drill press [which i don't have :(]

Thanks in advance

Old
  (#2)
DLS II
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.14.2010, 10:24 PM

I've done this conversion. Try As. TC4 motor mount. #'s 31046 motor mount,31047 clamp,3932 cam and 3929 bolt & spring. Just be careful sighting the motor mount in front of the transmission. Take your time and have fun! Don

Old
  (#3)
boogiemantm

03.15.2010, 05:13 PM

Thanks for the pointer! I'll check around my LHS's to see if they have said parts.

Did you not run into chassis-flex problems running a mount like the TC4's? I heard gear-mesh horror stories if you didn't have a good mount that either a) reinforced the chassis well or b) was mounted directly to the transmission

I was thinking with the TC4 mount of drilling a nipple hole in the top of the mount to connect a turnbuckle to the tranny from the mount to help keep it lined up under high chassis flex situations (bashing)

Old
  (#4)
DLS II
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.17.2010, 08:10 AM

I didn't run it that much-I traded it in at the LHS. IIRC, only cut the chassis for the motor mount clearance-not the motor.(it would seriously weaken the chassis) The brace is an excellent idea! Don

Old
  (#5)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

03.17.2010, 11:30 PM

I used to have a converted brushless RC10GT. I used Mike's Revo motor mount. When I ordered it, I simply asked for the RC10GT bottom plate in the comments section. He won't respond to any emails this week because he will be at RCX. Hope this helps.

Old
  (#6)
boogiemantm

03.18.2010, 12:59 PM

I see the revo mount is back in stock and i have ordered it, however during the process (paid via paypal) i didn't notice anyplace to select the bottom plate or comment to mention i needed the rc10gt bottom plate. i sent an email immediately after getting the email confirmation from rc-monster.com so hopefully i still get the proper bottom plate

P.S. my original email to him was weeks ago.

Old
  (#7)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

03.18.2010, 06:33 PM

I used an older Revo motor mount from mike for my conversion, the newer one mounts to the chassis directly and eliminates the revo sliding engine mount, Mine connects to the engine mount. I made a adapter plate using three of the four GT chassis holes, the middle chassis one was near the battery and couldn't use.Here is a couple pics from last year

right side:
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...3.jpg&newest=1

left side:
http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...3.jpg&newest=1

My advice for setup is red front and lightest in the rears (I believe green or black), that'll help keep it in line on dirt. I would also suggest a gyro, I use a cheap hobbico

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Last edited by crazyjr; 03.18.2010 at 06:38 PM.

Old
  (#8)
boogiemantm

04.06.2010, 06:53 PM

Thanks for the tips. I got the mount last night and took it on a test run. Still need to fix the turnbuckles (had to scrap up what i had, and they're not adjusted right), build a battery bay and finalize positions of everything, but she ran pretty good last night as-is

http://i40.tinypic.com/2cxhv6g.jpg

Old
  (#9)
lucias
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.21.2010, 08:19 PM

Will this mount on a RC10GT2 the same way?

Never mind.. I thought they used a different chassis.

Last edited by lucias; 04.21.2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Dumb Question

Old
  (#10)
boogiemantm

04.21.2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucias View Post
Will this mount on a RC10GT2 the same way?

Never mind.. I thought they used a different chassis.
Pretty sure this mount will not work on a GT2 (without it's own custom bottom plate, at least) - GT2 has a double-decker chassis doesn't it?

Old
  (#11)
lucias
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.21.2010, 09:21 PM

I will have to look when I get home. Once you remove that I think it would mount the same..

Old
  (#12)
boogiemantm

04.21.2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucias View Post
I will have to look when I get home. Once you remove that I think it would mount the same..
the engine mount is completely different.

Here's the GT:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTX51&P=FR

Here's the GT2:

http://www.asiatees.com/display.php?...C10GT2&code=go