RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > GorillaMaxx

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

08.05.2008, 07:17 PM

Your truck looks sweet!! On mounting the mmm where the second servo would go...it is too big. It will be in harms way if you mount it there, just my .02$ worth. Can't wait to see a vid of that on 6s...it is gonna scream...

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Motor on order!!!!!!!!!!!
Old
  (#17)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Motor on order!!!!!!!!!!! - 08.06.2008, 12:53 AM

I decided that I couldnít wait anymore. You know, they could sell out. I just bought the Tekno Neu 2.5D/f. I canít wait to get my hands on it!

On a side noteÖ this motor is more expensive than my first hobby grade RC. It better be the most awesome of all awesomeness.

Does anybody know if this motor still needs a rear endbell cover?

Old
  (#18)
BL_RV0
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

08.06.2008, 01:07 AM

Sealed can= no endbell cover.

Get me back into RC!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BL_RV0 Send a message via AIM to BL_RV0 Send a message via MSN to BL_RV0  
Old
  (#19)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.15.2008, 05:38 PM

My baby is finally alive!!!!!!!! I made a plate for my MMM. Here are some pics. Sorry for the crappy picture quality. I will upload some better ones soon.

From Gorillamaxx G3R

Update ;)
Old
  (#20)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Update ;) - 10.23.2008, 12:14 PM

Hi everyone! I took a few shots of my baby last night when I was installing the latest Castle Link software. For the time being I am using some old Maxamps 2s 6000mah lipos. Next spring I plan on purchasing some Trackpower 3s 4900mah 25c lipos. Right now I get about a hour of run time with the 4s setup. I am starting to not like the RPM stuff. It is way, way too flexible. The rear arms flex so much that I have popped the drive shaft out of the cup several times. One time was from a dead stand still. I mashed the throttle to do a wheelie and the shaft popped out. I was also jumping the truck on a small jump (the smallest that I have) the truck landed on the left front wheel and pulled the pillow ball thru the hub carrier. I was looking at the Flextek arms and the new Revo hubs, if I get them it would be after I get the batteries. I canít wait to switch it over to 6s! Then we will see some carnage! Anyways... here she is. Thanks for looking!

I used a lighter to heat up the antenna tube to bend it. The Receiver is sitting on a leftover piece of Lexan from the body. The MMM is sitting on a plate that I designed in AutoCAD (I have attached a 1:1 drawing of the plate; It may need some tweaks to fit). I used the Gorillamaxx ESC mounting post with a few washers to help support it. I used 3mm cone washers where the top deck connects to the ďXĒ braces. I hate the counter sunk crap, especially when it isnít needed.

I didnít like how high the body sits on the chassis. So I shaved the crap out of body posts. That wasnít low enough so I re-drilled the mounts and shaved some more. Bumpers? We donít need no stinking bumpers!

I ended up switching over to P3 rockers. My girlfriend bough them for me as a surprise. She is the best!!!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Revo Plate.pdf (8.1 KB, 592 views)

Old
  (#21)
Hardstyle
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.23.2008, 02:31 PM

Nice, so clean, hehe. What swaybars are u using?

Old
  (#22)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.23.2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardstyle View Post
Nice, so clean, hehe. What swaybars are u using?
Hi Hardstyle. Thanks! The swaybars are from the Traxxas Revo Platinum. Traxxas sells a silver version. Here is a link.

Old
  (#23)
Hardstyle
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.23.2008, 03:11 PM

Thanks, I thought so too, but wasn't sure about the rear sways.

Old
  (#24)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.23.2008, 03:35 PM

Just as a FYI the rear sway bars could have been designed better. I had to add washers under each or the ball studs to make it work properly. The rear ball studs use a T10 driver, I thought that was strange. Another cool thing that I found was this. They were meant for the jato, but they work awesome!

Quote:

Old
  (#25)
Hardstyle
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.23.2008, 03:55 PM

Hehe, nice.
Im trying to make my mind what swaybars to get to my G2r. Traxxas owns or Tekno rc's ones.. With traxxas I could keep my esc top of the rear shocks. With tekno's it is just drop in, no tuning what so ever needed. But then have to do new place for esc.. Your esc is nicely mounted, maybe I have to think something similar

Old
  (#26)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.23.2008, 05:11 PM

The Traxxas ones have worked awesome. I love the way this thing drives! Your ESC plate looks nice, so I might get the Traxxas ones if I were you. They werent that bad to install. I am also running Traxxas Variable Damping Shock Pistons from the Revo Platinum. They are also suppose to help with the trucks handling.

One of my friends knows someone who can machine CF and he is local. I might have him make a ESC plate out of 3mm CF. I also want to get rid of that hole where the second servo would go. Mabe Gorillamaxx could hook a brother up.

Old
  (#27)
TDC57
"If you can't beat em'....shoot em'

10.29.2008, 02:02 AM

Looking good feistyacorn.. got any Video of it bashing, jumping, crashing you the know the usual

Have a great one Sir.

Shaun.

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Old
  (#28)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.30.2008, 05:34 PM

Hi Shaun! I was looking at your bad ass builds. You have been a busy guy! I dont have a video yet. I might make a video one of these weekends. It is starting to get cold here in Wisconsin and it is usually dark when I get home at night. I will make some videos of it on 6s next spring for sure.

Old
  (#29)
TDC57
"If you can't beat em'....shoot em'

10.30.2008, 11:21 PM

Thanks for the smile Feisty.. I'm sorry to hear winter is starting, it's still a rough 81 degrees here in So-Cal. I'm looking forward to see the video's so please do post, nothing puts a smile on one face more than see and GR3 (electrical) whomp on some nitro.. (Goo Feisty) LOL.LOL..

Have a great one!..

Nothing!.. Hahahahaaa..

Update
Old
  (#30)
feistyacorn
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Update - 12.21.2009, 04:57 PM

A lot of things have happened since my last post. As it turns out brushless + 6s lipo = very, very, very powerful... My fiance and family members pooled together and bought a pair of thunder power 3s 4900mah 40c lipo for my birthday. Because of the new batts I spent most of the summer replacing the drivetrain. I also had a lipo go bad on me (thunder power replaced the batt under warranty) so I really didnt have a reliable truck until the end of summer.

I had problems with the roll pin in the top shaft of the transmission always breaking. I replaced it with a solid steel pin. So far so good.

I also made a pin "cover" to protect the gears just incase the pin snaps again.

I also upgraded to a ue steel idler.

I will post some more pics of the chassis and upgrades later this week.