RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Socal Bash Anyone?
Old
  (#1)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

Socal Bash Anyone? - 10.26.2009, 09:44 PM

Recently I've been rather inactive here, only throwing in a few posts here and there. Needless to say I've been unbelievably busy. Also, having gotten the new PS3 slim I've been spending tons of time playing that instead of busting out my RC's.

But, I realized if there was a SoCal bash or something, then I would make the effort to charge my batteries and actually do some driving. Otherwise, I'll have thousands in RC's which have been sitting for the past year and will continue to sit. Since I bought and built my 1/16 E-Revo I've driven it twice.

So, more or less, anyone up for a bash one of these weekends? Right now it's pretty warm but I figure in a week or two when it cools off it'll be a perfect time to find a plash to bash (or, even better, all meet up at a track).

BL Revo: CF G2R, LMT1940/7, 6S FP 30C Lipos, MMM, Hitec 5955TG
CRT .5: 7075 Ext Chassis, LMT1930/7, FP 25C 3S Lipos, MM

Old
  (#2)
BL_RV0
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

10.26.2009, 09:52 PM

That would be great but my 1:1 is currently non-op, so if we could do it somewhere close (within biking distance) from me. (Thousand Oaks). Quite a bit to ask, but there's really no other way I could do it. There's a pretty nice park near me, pretty much a big flat grass area with a couple baseball diamonds and stuff.

Get me back into RC!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BL_RV0 Send a message via AIM to BL_RV0 Send a message via MSN to BL_RV0  
Old
  (#3)
cornolio
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.26.2009, 10:52 PM

LRH hobbies in placentia would be a great place.not too many people go there and the owners are very friendly so we can pretty much run whatever we brung(except nitro of course).i can talk with the owner if we get this organized

xray xt8 MMM neu1515 1y
hotbodies ve8 novak HV 6.5
hotbodies cyclone tc
mugen mtx4(nitro)
lst2(conversion ongoing)
  Send a message via Yahoo to cornolio  
Love to.
Old
  (#4)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Love to. - 10.26.2009, 10:58 PM

I would love to join in on something like that, but being in Korea really puts a damper on those kinds of things. I look forward to being fully reitred some day and being able to go to the local track whenever I feel the mood. I would suggest limiting your PS3 usage and doing something more constructive with your time. Those things are great for filling up time when you have nothing else to do, but it usually becomes your main source of entertainment keeping you from doing just about anything productive.

Yea I know they are fun to play with, but when you look back on your life is that all you want to see. I use to do the video scene as well when I was much younger, but after while you begin to see how much wasted time you have lost and can never get back. Its just as bad as drugs, alcohol, and smoking. Money poured down the drain, and no return what so ever.

I decided a long time ago to spend my time doing woodworking projects and mechanical adventures, and now I can do just about anything, which makes my skills much more marketable for work. Not to mention that I can do my own repairs and such on everything around the house, which saves us a lot of money in the long run. If you are a software programmer that would be great, but if you are not??? Life is too short if you ask me. Watching too much TV or playing endless hours of video games provides you with what that will help you move forward in your life? Just asking.

Our kids were doing the same thing, so we got them involved in doing after school activities, and started them on earning their own money mowing lawns and detailing cars for cash. Now they hardly ever sit in front of the TV any more. With the economy being what it is right now I would think that spending ones time finding ways to make extra money would be a good idea, which would help finance more R/C toys and parts. If you are filthy rich and have no friends then disregard this post.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#5)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

10.26.2009, 11:55 PM

I don't watch TV anymore. I only play the PS3 with friends. But since none of my friends drive RC, and I'm only at home two days a week, I choose to spend time with friends, which inherently means something beside RC. But I figured I'd call on my RC friends (you guys) to make use of my excessively expensive RC's.

I wish.
Old
  (#6)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

I wish. - 10.27.2009, 12:05 AM

Well I wish I lived closer or just in the USA right now, but such is life. I know it may have sounded like I was bashing on video games, but I merely like to provoke thought in some people in a way that may help them to change their bad habits. Good luck finding some one closer for the bash. And have fun with your friends whatever you might be doing. Just keep it safe.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#7)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

10.27.2009, 12:17 AM

A week from this Sunday (Nov 8) should be good for me. I will be between 1st and 2nd midterms so my load should be pretty light.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#8)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

10.27.2009, 03:16 AM

I'd be interested... if I had a car that actually went over 10mph. I'm currently building a crawler. But I'd be happy to go hang at the track for a bit. Anyone have any extra rc's for me to use? I have my own TX/RX...

Old
  (#9)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

10.27.2009, 06:44 PM

I've got too many RCs. Wanna buy one? LOL At least one could be lent out provided I can get the time/motivation to do so.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#10)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

10.27.2009, 07:34 PM

Haha, I wish I could. I never thought my first ever crawler would be so expensive... when I don't even know how much I'll like it. But if you wouldn't mind me borrowing a truck for the bash, that would be great!

Old
  (#11)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

10.27.2009, 08:06 PM

I definitely don't mind. Would you wanna buy my crawler for cheap? It's been sitting since February and something tells me it's just gonna sit longer.

Curse
Old
  (#12)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Curse - 10.27.2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnev View Post
Haha, I wish I could. I never thought my first ever crawler would be so expensive... when I don't even know how much I'll like it. But if you wouldn't mind me borrowing a truck for the bash, that would be great!
Yea its a curse Jnev. Once you have been doing this for a while you remember details like crazy. Now when you work on a project nothing is left to chance on the build, which ends up running us into the red. Still after the build is completed it is worth every penny once you run it for the first time. Isn't it great???

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#13)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

10.27.2009, 10:40 PM

If only you told me earlier Travis... all I have left to buy is an ESC and battery. I'll post pictures on the forum once all the parts arrive.

So true Jerry. I used to buy the cheaper parts and think that I'll upgrade later or whenever the cheap parts break. Now I'm going straight to the expensive parts and regret it right away... that is until I run the car. Then I realize I made the right decision on going with the nicer parts right off the bat.

So true.
Old
  (#14)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

So true. - 10.28.2009, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnev View Post
If only you told me earlier Travis... all I have left to buy is an ESC and battery. I'll post pictures on the forum once all the parts arrive.

So true Jerry. I used to buy the cheaper parts and think that I'll upgrade later or whenever the cheap parts break. Now I'm going straight to the expensive parts and regret it right away... that is until I run the car. Then I realize I made the right decision on going with the nicer parts right off the bat.
SO TRUE Jnev. I am sure we all go through that at first, and realize that it really does not pay to get cheap stuff to save money. It always ends up costing us more that way in the long run. If you know what you want right up front, then you can shop around and find good deals on the good stuff anyway as long as you do not rush your build. It sounds like you are having some fun with your project on the building side of things. The real fun comes later once you have it all tweaked the way you want it. I have four projects that I have been working on for about 3 years now, and still have yet to run any of them. I am getting close though. My kids are really pushing me to get one of them done so we can all race and bash about. I am having plenty of fun researching, purchasing, and building for now. THe good times are not far off now.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#15)
BP-Revo
BMW M Power!

10.29.2009, 04:51 AM

So, since MetalMan is the only one to have posted a date (Sunday, November 8th), let's go with that. Who would be able to make it?

Also, we should probably decide on a location. OCRC (I've never been there, would be more than happy to try it out), Rev Race (seems a little far for people like Jnev who are already making a trek north as it is), or some other track would be ideal for me, but if we all want to just find a big 'ole grass/dirt/hill and do some driving, I'm all for that too!