RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.53 average. Display Modes
New traxxas castle mamba monster extreme?
Old
  (#1)
crazyjr
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

New traxxas castle mamba monster extreme? - 11.30.2011, 03:53 AM

Care to tell us some juicy tidbits about this?
http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1 about a third of the way down.

I am interested in it as a possibly improved mamba monster, looks a bit different. Is this a preview of the future mamba monster pro?

And is the motor a 1717 in disguise? its the same KV and traxxas loves to run you motors as designed, as opposed to HPI settleing on cheaper higher KV setups

Please tell us more

Work because i gotta, play because i wanna

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#2)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.30.2011, 03:56 AM

Just watched a promo video for their new car. 100MPH! That's fast but how many newbs are going to buy this and hurt them self or someone else?

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#3)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

11.30.2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
Care to tell us some juicy tidbits about this?
http://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6407xo1 about a third of the way down.

I am interested in it as a possibly improved mamba monster, looks a bit different. Is this a preview of the future mamba monster pro?

And is the motor a 1717 in disguise? its the same KV and traxxas loves to run you motors as designed, as opposed to HPI settleing on cheaper higher KV setups

Please tell us more
It looks like they just added a cap bank and wrote new software. It's a damn good looking cap bank for MMM's though

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Revonut View Post
Just watched a promo video for their new car. 100MPH! That's fast but how many newbs are going to buy this and hurt them self or someone else?
The $1099.99 suggested retail price should keep noobs away.

It looks like a fun car, but it uses revo diffs. Come on traxxas!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#4)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.30.2011, 05:03 AM

It's not a 1717 in disguise, Traxxas says it's a 1717 so I would say the only difference is the black can.

Yes the price tag is high and hopefully it keeps inexperienced people away, but there will always be those rich kids that gotta have the fastest one.

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#5)
crazyjr

11.30.2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
It's not a 1717 in disguise, Traxxas says it's a 1717 so I would say the only difference is the black can.

Yes the price tag is high and hopefully it keeps inexperienced people away, but there will always be those rich kids that gotta have the fastest one.
That's what i was meaning, the black can. Even if there isn't a rebuild kit, strippers will sell nthe motors for a decent price

People here hate Nitro, I love it. I start it, run it about 50 ft from me and it dies, I go after it. Perfect exercise

Old
  (#6)
bdebde
That's All Folks!

11.30.2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjr View Post
That's what i was meaning, the black can. Even if there isn't a rebuild kit, strippers will sell nthe motors for a decent price
Strippers huh? I can't wait to see that!

Old
  (#7)
BIG-block

11.30.2011, 09:53 AM

I hope Castle starts selling the 171 again but this time hopefully with lower kv. Something under 1400kv would be awesome so we can run it on 8S.

The ESC seems like an identical unit with just a fancy looking cap bank. I would really like to see Castle make the Mamba Monster sensored and with soldering posts instead of wires and connectors. That would be sweet.

Old
  (#8)
freddy

11.30.2011, 10:27 AM

"The XO-1 is not a toy", is that some sort of new marketing stragy. like its not a toy but a tool ore somthing?
and they have alot to learn from hpi and tamiya when it comes to acryllic body details.
But it will prob be alot of fun with such of an extreme motor combo.

edit, looks like it have an alu chassie

Last edited by freddy; 11.30.2011 at 10:42 AM.

Old
  (#9)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

11.30.2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:

We developed a whole new stator and rotor design for this car -- it uses a shorter and lighter rotor for faster spin-up, and is up to 4% more efficient than the original 1717.

The stator design was optimized for higher maximum currents, and higher saturation currents -- so the efficiency doesn't "brick wall" at extreme currents.

The controller is the newest version of the MMM, with the new Infineon BSC011 extreme MOSFETS, with .0011 ohms / MOSFET. The additional capacitor pack was required to keep the ripple currents at the controller input at a minimum during extremely high (300+ Amp) currents during acceleration.

This is also our first ESC to implement our "Castle Link Live" operating mode, which reports ESC data in real-time to the receiver without using any external wiring. This allows the ESC data (like RPM, temperature, etc.) to be displayed in real-time on the IPhone/Ipod touch application.

Very cool implementation.

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#10)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

11.30.2011, 11:11 AM

Hmm, that new link thing is nice, but too bad it's only for Apple's iCrap (sorry, I have a thing against Apple). The ESC with added cap bank looks pretty mean though, and the motor should find a home in many vehicles (I really like my 1717 even on just 5s).
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#11)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

11.30.2011, 11:11 AM

See, now Castle just surpassed MGM.

Question of the day is... Is Castle going to sell the controller by itself, or does Traxxas have the ownership of the product and I just will have to wait to find them on Ebay.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#12)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

11.30.2011, 11:21 AM

I don't know why everyone keeps up with the iphone only crap when android has far surpassed it in market share. It's a neat feature, but I won't ever own an i/anything.

Maybe now people will stop complaining about Traxxas never using a new platform.

It's a cool car and I like the size and light weight. I could see myself owning one.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Last edited by TexasSP; 11.30.2011 at 11:23 AM.

Old
  (#13)
freddy

11.30.2011, 12:37 PM

Maybe the HPI 5sc flux will get the same power system.

Old
  (#14)
crazyjr

11.30.2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
We developed a whole new stator and rotor design for this car -- it uses a shorter and lighter rotor for faster spin-up, and is up to 4% more efficient than the original 1717.

The stator design was optimized for higher maximum currents, and higher saturation currents -- so the efficiency doesn't "brick wall" at extreme currents.

The controller is the newest version of the MMM, with the new Infineon BSC011 extreme MOSFETS, with .0011 ohms / MOSFET. The additional capacitor pack was required to keep the ripple currents at the controller input at a minimum during extremely high (300+ Amp) currents during acceleration.

This is also our first ESC to implement our "Castle Link Live" operating mode, which reports ESC data in real-time to the receiver without using any external wiring. This allows the ESC data (like RPM, temperature, etc.) to be displayed in real-time on the IPhone/Ipod touch application.

Very cool implementation.
So this is basically the next gen mamba monster, cool to know, glad i waited. Will the esc and motor work in a 1/8 truggy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Hmm, that new link thing is nice, but too bad it's only for Apple's iCrap (sorry, I have a thing against Apple). The ESC with added cap bank looks pretty mean though, and the motor should find a home in many vehicles (I really like my 1717 even on just 5s).
It's ok on the apple crap, Gives me a reason for getting a used Ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by snellemin View Post
See, now Castle just surpassed MGM.

Question of the day is... Is Castle going to sell the controller by itself, or does Traxxas have the ownership of the product and I just will have to wait to find them on Ebay.
I think it will be a traxxas thing for a while, they got the only radio that can relay the telementry right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy View Post
Maybe the HPI 5sc flux will get the same power system.
Doubt it, they cheaped out on the motors Don't think they will spend on an untryed tech

Old
  (#15)
Erevocanuck

11.30.2011, 02:22 PM

I have some questions

-Can people use this system without the a iphone/apple product(or any smart phone)?If they don`t want to use the telemetry feature?

-Can I use the castle link to unlock ""Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App"?

-Will thier be other apps for other brands of smart phones or is that up to Traxxas?