RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Slipperential discussion

But???
Old
  (#46)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

But??? - 03.24.2010, 06:14 PM

But there is something missing. "GENUINE MADE IN AMERICA PARTS".

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#47)
76Bentley

03.25.2010, 07:43 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...raced-chinese/

I know some of you had mentioned the hacking issues, here is a story from just the other day on the 24th.

Mike I too and very sorry and alarmed with the brazenness that this was done, I hope that you can get your pound of flesh from this.

Old
  (#48)
adrictan

03.25.2010, 01:03 PM

U guys want me to remove the link to the cloned slip?

Old
  (#49)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

03.25.2010, 01:07 PM

I don't think any memeber here would buy one and any guests read the whole thread they'll (hopefully)see the error they'd be making buy purchasing a inferior product.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#50)
cadima

03.29.2010, 09:10 PM

I just left a review of their slipperentials on their website. I basically called them thieves, gave the slipper 0 stars out of 5, and dropped an RC-Monster link within the review. Those mother Fuggers.

Old
  (#51)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.29.2010, 10:53 PM

Don't know if it's been already posted, but found a little video where the cyclops himself explains the slipperential: http://rcuvideos.com/video/RC-Monste...rential-18-Cen
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Pretty cool
Old
  (#52)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Pretty cool - 03.29.2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Don't know if it's been already posted, but found a little video where the cyclops himself explains the slipperential: http://rcuvideos.com/video/RC-Monste...rential-18-Cen
Pretty cool stuff BG. Now we can imagine what it would be liek to have a discussion with Mike. He sure makes the slipperential look easy to deal with. I plan on getting a couple of them once I recover from my March spending spree. By the way can you get a 44t spur on those? Since that is about all that will fit in the new universal diff mount.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#53)
George16
Supermaxx

04.01.2010, 04:57 AM

I just saw this response from HPI concerning the Baja clone from KM.

Quote:
Thank you for contacting HPI Racing and Hot Bodies Customer Service. Any and all of our logos, products, and parts are registered and trademarked and can only be used by an HPI company or affiliate. That being said, there are many counterfeit items out there such as the KM Baja imitation. This company and it’s items are not affiliated or endorsed by HPI in any way and are in violation of our trademark. However, because many of these items are actually made overseas and then imported into the US, there is nothing we are able to do to stop the sale of these items from such companies despite their illegality. None of the parts used are HPI parts and as such, the quality of these items is inferior to actual HPI product. Persons that purchase such items are not covered by HPI’s product warranty and will be disappointed by the quality of their purchase. We appreciate your acknowledgement of this matter for bringing it to our attention. Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.
It's amazing how our system can't protect legit companies concerning cloned products.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Getting worse.
Old
  (#54)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Getting worse. - 04.01.2010, 05:37 AM

And it is only going to get worse as time goes by. Our Gov has pretty much opened the shipping trades to the point that there is little or no regulation setup to prevent any outside Country from shipping in counterfiet items, which in turn will force legit companies out of business. Lower quality or not people in large numbers will always go for the cheapest prices due to hard economic times. My wife and I looked around the house one night curious as to how much of our household stuff was made outside of the USA. Low and behold about 80% of our personal property is foreign made. In fact I bet most of us have the same situation if you look closely. Aside from that you will be hard pressed to even find alot of the stuff we use on a daily basis that is even made in America any more.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#55)
lutach
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

04.01.2010, 07:44 AM

Something can be done about this. All one needs is a few good (Really bad in this case) guys in China to handle the situation.
  Send a message via MSN to lutach  
Old
  (#56)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

04.01.2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George16 View Post
...It's amazing how our system can't protect legit companies concerning cloned products.
You'd think that at least the legal system would be able to penalize the resale of items in the US. Yeah, maybe we can't do anything about the actual overseas counterfeit production, but we should be able to discourage local vendors from selling them via penalties.

BTW: HPI made a spelling error. "...The company and it's items...". Should be "its".
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#57)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

04.01.2010, 01:43 PM

I was talking to one of my RC friends via phone yesterday and he asked me what I thought of the Slipperential. I said they are great and went of to describe the features and applications. He said he bought one from over seas (I assume from the seller in question?) I immediately told him of this thread and how they are crooks etc etc and how Mikes will surely be stronger and more durable. When he receives it (I guess in a couple weeks) would Mike or any one like pictures of it to compare to the real thing ?

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#58)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

04.01.2010, 02:33 PM

I sure am interested in the clone pics.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#59)
phatmonk
RC carbon junkie

04.01.2010, 07:41 PM

Someone should buy one and butcher it and display its entrails.But seriously compare the inferior quality of this clone next to the real thing.Its a dual edge sword though givin those SOBs money.

SC8-E RCM MMM CC 1717
Slash 4x4 MMP CC SC 2400
SC RC8BE MMP Neu Tekno 1512/2D
Mugen MBX6 Eco MMP Neu Tekno 1515/1.5D

Old
  (#60)
adrictan

04.02.2010, 07:51 AM

I found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/XPRO-1-8E-Buggy-...item35a83a41de