sikeston34m
RC-Monster Brushless

03.29.2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
It's probably one of these rebadged
http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-50...-hardcase.html
Same exact size also.

I have 4 of the SkyLipo hard case 2s 5000mah 40C and they take 5200mah+ at 3.2 LVC everytime.
The MA pack can't be 40C though. The 40C weighs more!

Great advertising.
Old
  (#17)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Great advertising. - 03.29.2011, 08:52 AM

No you guys are missing the mark totally. These are the cells sent back to them by customers who bought their "TRUE 150C" Lipos and did not work. So they are now placing them in a hardcase so no one can see what is actually in the pack. They are failed cells from other sales that have to be used somehow. They can't just throw them away once they are degrated. They charge them up as high as they will go and sell them as new 100C Lipos. Pretty cool idea, yes?

And you know they have to be good, because they sent some un-named guy to China where he became a genious on Lipo chemistry who mixes up the chemicals in their garage out back to put their own cells together. Add a new flame sticker and there you go. Kind of like taking a dump in a ziploc bag and shoving some wires into the bag. Voilla you have a bag of $hit that sells for $100, there you have it. Man these guys are good. Great batteries too. Just ask anyone who has them. Oh wait a minute, no one has them. BECAUSE THEY ARE SHITE!!!!

Oh I forgot the best part. The reason their packs are liter than anyone elses packs is because they drink diet Coke, which makes their Shite liter, right?

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Last edited by JERRY2KONE; 03.29.2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: ADDING FUNNY STUFF.

Four year in a row.
Old
  (#18)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Four year in a row. - 04.21.2011, 04:39 PM

2011 Battery of the year
For the 4th year in a row, MaxAmps.com took the RCCA Readers’ Choice Award for best battery. The winning pack was our popular Hard Case Race Edition LiPo 6500 2-cell 7.4v Battery Pack. See it here:
http://www.maxamps.com/

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#19)
Ola
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.21.2011, 04:46 PM

How much is a choice award these days?

RC8T FT CE, CC1520, Tekno v4

Old
  (#20)
Bazzokajoe

04.22.2011, 09:12 AM

I've got it!

Their confusing C with A!!!!

Very easy to do if you dont know your alphabet :)

I can believe these are "true 100A" packs... But come on dudes... ;)

Old
  (#21)
hemiblas
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.22.2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzokajoe View Post
I've got it!

Their confusing C with A!!!!

Very easy to do if you dont know your alphabet :)

I can believe these are "true 100A" packs... But come on dudes... ;)
I dont think thats true either. Didnt their 150C 6000mah battery barely put out 50amps before hitting an LVC at less than 80 percent of its capacity? I doubt this one would do better than that.

If this keeps up we are going to see US products bashed on the chinese racing forums.

Last edited by hemiblas; 04.22.2011 at 11:40 AM.

Old
  (#22)
Cody.McP

04.22.2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
2011 Battery of the year
For the 4th year in a row, MaxAmps.com took the RCCA Readers’ Choice Award for best battery. The winning pack was our popular Hard Case Race Edition LiPo 6500 2-cell 7.4v Battery Pack. See it here:
http://www.maxamps.com/

Yay for bribery!

RCCA is pretty much crap nowadays. Ruled by advertisers. Too bad they don't do actual numer comparisons like they should.. Think car and driver comparo tests, they'll list the 0-60, skidpad grip, slalom speed, braking distances, among many other things. Why can't they do that for Lipos? A simple graph would do, and it's not like it would cost a ton of money.

Old
  (#23)
mjosparky
Sparky

04.23.2011, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J57ltr View Post
Whatever they are only 100C. I am not even interested...
Here you go, 9000 mAh, true 100C. That comes out to 900 amp.

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-9000XL-74-Pack.htm

Sharpchuter 245
Dyna Wide Glide

Old
  (#24)
Cody.McP

04.23.2011, 01:27 PM

I'm surprised the Dean's 12 awg wire doesn't have flame stickers on it? They had to have done something to that wire to make it handle all that amperage..

Old
  (#25)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.23.2011, 01:28 PM

Prove it. I'm not a MaxAmp fan by any stretch of the imagination, but these are baseless without some sort of proof, i.e. as much B.S. as MaxAmps is full of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
No you guys are missing the mark totally. These are the cells sent back to them by customers who bought their "TRUE 150C" Lipos and did not work. So they are now placing them in a hardcase so no one can see what is actually in the pack. They are failed cells from other sales that have to be used somehow. They can't just throw them away once they are degrated. They charge them up as high as they will go and sell them as new 100C Lipos.

Check yourself
Old
  (#26)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Check yourself - 04.23.2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Prove it. I'm not a MaxAmp fan by any stretch of the imagination, but these are baseless without some sort of proof, i.e. as much B.S. as MaxAmps is full of.
Dude chill out, it was a joke. This entire thread has been full of pun on their behalf. Take a chill pill.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#27)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.23.2011, 03:39 PM

We don't have to prove anything. How come out of all the battery brands the lowley MA is the only ones with these so called 100+ c rated cells? Cause it's nonsense that's why. Neu energy doesn't have packs with these ratings and neither does Hyperion. Two of the top brands from my experiance. Ever notice how MA never shows what their cells actually look like? That's cause they look just like turnigy cells..... Not much to prove when a company ran out of a guys garage claimed to have better stuff than large multinational companies. Besides that I've met Brandon wilcox and he's full of shit. Spoke with him at rcx and it was clear that he knows very little about lipos and even less about the ratings or how many people know that it's bs. MA may work for some but most people can get packs just as good if not better for alot less elswhere. To me MA preys on the ignorance of many Americans nowadays in that if they see it on tv or in a magazine and it says it's the best then it must be right? Prove it is. Or how about revealing the sources or numbers of first time RC owners that use them in their slash to replace a ni-mh that you got your numbers from to conclude that it's a readers choice. How about a racers choice? I have only seen a handfull MA packs at the tracks in the last three plus years, and guess who's always using them....... Somebody with a rtr sc truck that wanted an upgrade from the stock pack. Well of course it seems better than the stick pack. Worth the money, not even close. Just the way they do business is a slap in the face to consumers IMO.

Last edited by slimthelineman; 04.23.2011 at 03:42 PM.

Closed Thread