RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#136)
BIG-block

08.21.2011, 01:30 AM

You are a legend man. Thanks so much for that. I am going with the parallel one just in case I want to piggy back a couple of more later on but I don't think I will need it because I have my own parallel board. I should be able to plug it into the 6S plug on that adapter you linked me to and then I can charge up to six 6S packs at once. WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Thanks heaps man. Now to pay for it. Hope they ship fast as I am itching to use this bad boy.

Old
  (#137)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

08.21.2011, 10:18 PM

They ship fast and their warranty service is great as well.

I have 4 of those parallel boards myself. Makes for easy charging of my ebike packs.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#138)
BIG-block

08.31.2011, 06:25 AM

Snellemin you weren't kidding about their service. Two days from placing the order I received my parallel board from Leo Energy (their actual business name). Fantastic service.

Anyway used the charger for about a week now. Slowly getting used to the menu on this charger. Very different from the chargers I have been using in the past but I think I am getting there. I am still to download the program so I can monitor the charger on my laptop but will do that eventually. Also I am running 3.25 firmware. I know there is 3.27 out now but what should I do and how much do they all differ? The charger is working great now so I don't want to stuff anything up.

This charger absolutely rocks. I can't believe I was charging a 6S 5000mah pack @ 10A and the fan didn't even come on. Didn't need to as the charger was cool as an ice cube. The balancing is incredible. Cells stay exact all the way through. If I didn't test the cells individually with my Fluke I wouldn't have believed it. All the data it displays during charging is great and very useful too. Love it.

Anyway I have an unrelated question. What should be a good internal resistance of 5000mah 40C cell? Between all my batts I am seeing anywhere between 1.4-1.9 milli ohms per cell. Some of my batts are over a year old so no idea if that is still OK. They seem to kick really hard. Some input here would be much appreciated.

Old
  (#139)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

08.31.2011, 12:14 PM

Those reading are good. Start pumping more amperage in them and watch the resistance go down.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#140)
BIG-block

01.27.2012, 01:44 AM

Just wanted to say that this charger has been simply awesome and flawless in operation. I still haven't taken it to it's full potential but really haven't had the need neither. I love charging 6 of my 4S 5K packs at 1C in about an hour. Brilliant. Also the balancing circuit on this charger is like nothing I have came across in any other charger. It is just so precise.
I haven't yet hooked it up to my laptop but might do that at some stage.

I take it with me every time I work at a hobby shop (only part time) and always use it to run a diagnosis on customers lipos. Easy to see why some lipos have balancing issues when their IR is sky high and all over the place. LOL

I can not recommend this charger enough. There is also a PowerLab6 1000W version now too just in case some think that the 8 is a bit too much. LOL