RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

10.15.2010, 01:05 PM

We shall see how these fair out. Maybe meet the prices of Hyperions and people would be more incline to give them a chance...

My biggest issue with the whole C rating thing is the way they are advertised to the uneducated hobbyist who is going to the LHS for some good packs. Even my LHS owner doesn't realize the difference in C rating. I was in there the other day when he sold a guy a Maxamps' lipo. He said it was a 80C lipo. I laughed and said, no, its a 40C pack. They are using a different system to rate them to take advantage in the marketing scheme. But the owner didn't want to here it, he was sold that it was an 80C lipo...

So I met up with the guy on a Saturday night drag race they hold and let him use my Hyperion G3's. He was a tad shocked...

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#17)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.15.2010, 01:25 PM

im curios to see these graphs and videos that are supposedly coming. just as curious to see how they are loading these packs to test the c rating. personally i would like to see a company start up that tests and rates lipos from all manufactures, if only to keep them honest. if these are 150c batteries im converting my old civic to brushless.

side note: not suprised hes a rep for maxamps, ever see them use any other packs in testing in their mag? could have something to do with MA being readers choice for the last three years? smartest thing maxamps ever did in my opinion.

Last edited by slimthelineman; 10.15.2010 at 01:36 PM.

Old
  (#18)
Stoomstrijkijze
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.15.2010, 01:38 PM

They made a typo. You have to ignore the 0.

Old
  (#19)
rootar
RC-Monster Titanium

10.15.2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwilcox View Post
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the interest in our new packs. I will have some new videos and graphs to you shortly. I believe you will be impressed. This truly is a solid product and I believe you will be extremely happy with the performance. Rootar, If you will be at ihobby I will take you up on that bet and we can test the packs together.

Brandon

i wish i could be at ihobby way to far away though. Since your the new marketing director of MA does that mean Jason is gone??? Don't follow in his footsteps for sure.

Honestly you are in the position to turn things around for the bad taste MA has left for most people. All you have to do is simply post discharge graphs with the related cell and leave it at that. No hype, no crap, no talk, just results, then we can talk about the results if you want to give guys a reason to not bash your product then all that is needed is proof and a properly represented product. Agian, no hype, no crap, no talk, results first then talk later.

When your willing to post the graphs people will be a little more open minded also.

Old
  (#20)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.15.2010, 02:29 PM

Sounds like neil got hold of the lipogate tapes! Ha ha

Old
  (#21)
brandonwilcox

10.15.2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootar View Post
i wish i could be at ihobby way to far away though. Since your the new marketing director of MA does that mean Jason is gone??? Don't follow in his footsteps for sure.

Honestly you are in the position to turn things around for the bad taste MA has left for most people. All you have to do is simply post discharge graphs with the related cell and leave it at that. No hype, no crap, no talk, just results, then we can talk about the results if you want to give guys a reason to not bash your product then all that is needed is proof and a properly represented product. Agian, no hype, no crap, no talk, results first then talk later.

When your willing to post the graphs people will be a little more open minded also.
Jason is still with us. I will be posting some graphs and videos shortly and I think you will be impressed with both the results and the method of testing. I didn't want to delay the press release as we wanted this product out in time for iHobby, but rest assured you will get your graphs, tests and videos to back it all up.

If you check out the new prices on the website you will notice we are quite competitive with other high-end brands and in most cases even lower. Also our 3-year warranty really backs up our product and you know you are getting a solid product for the price.

Last edited by BrianG; 10.15.2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Removed reference to a deleted post.

Old
  (#22)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

10.15.2010, 02:50 PM

Give me a 2s pack and I'll see what it really can do. I would start off with cycling the pack at 40A at around 10x with the WhatAnut Charger. NO cooldown period. Then a 30 second burnout while watching the voltage under load.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#23)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

10.15.2010, 02:51 PM

FYI Brandon: I edited your post to remove the reference to a deleted post. Questions/concerns are ok, bashing is not unless backed up by facts.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#24)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

10.15.2010, 02:53 PM

Neil/ Everyone - Thats about my limit ok...

Brandon's offered to post everything up - Until then healthy skepticism is fine but flaming or being rude is not.

Edit: Guess it was Brian's limit to!

Old
  (#25)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.15.2010, 02:56 PM

with all that said, why join the forum right after a post was started on your product, only to say the graphs are coming? obviously we are not customers so what impact would that have on your company? dont you think your customers are the ones who deserve the facts? what is said here is not going to affect your sales i am sure. i have owned your packs in the past with the 3 year warranty, and had to PAY for the cells that went bad after 10 cycles even though it was under warranty so pfffttt to that jibberish. not to say your new packs arent better, who really knows? even if they were 150c i wouldnt buy any simply based on my past experience with your product and reps.
i will say that i am glad to see MA TRYING to do what is right and give proof, more than all the other manufactures can say. just seems strange and defensive to emerge when your product has been questioned, after "lurking" for so long......

sorry if this seems offensive to anyone, not meant to be, but like i said i am glad to see that they are making an effort to back their product, who knows maybee they can.

Last edited by slimthelineman; 10.15.2010 at 02:59 PM.

Old
  (#26)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

10.15.2010, 03:09 PM

Slim... No grassy knoll conspiracy as I see it he used to work for Car Action - He's recently moved to Maxamps so now its his job to be here...

I think he knows he stepped into the lions den - How about people give him the benefit of the doubt for maybe a week?

Too much to ask?

Old
  (#27)
slimthelineman
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.15.2010, 03:16 PM

not at all. like i said its a step in the right direction for MA and the fact that they are producing info is even better. hopefully other companies will follow suit. sorry for seeming so skeptical it in my nature....

Old
  (#28)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

10.15.2010, 03:19 PM

Whichever way you consider the 150C claim it's a quantum leap from known high performing cells...and let's be honest who wouldn't want cells that capable

I'd love to see rootar make ihobby with the Hyperion cells. I have the same 6500 & if they can trump those babies I'm sold

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Old
  (#29)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

10.15.2010, 03:28 PM

I just think its too soon for 150c lipos to be out, if they came out like 2 or 3 years from now it might be easier to believe. I mean what was the highest true c rating before these....like 60c or something? Seems like a pretty big jump!

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#30)
76Bentley

10.15.2010, 03:51 PM

Brandon,
I have to admire that you would come here and try to push the MA packs, you do like a challenge. Personally I have a hard time believing that MA has a battery at more than triple the out put as Neu Energy's strongest battery which is 46/92 (constant/pulse). Also to be honest based on how MA has done things in the past, I would like to see an independent 3rd party do the test and compare to other high end brands. I look forward to seeing the tests.