RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Speed Passion Reventon ( with wireless settings adjustment )
Old
  (#1)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

Speed Passion Reventon ( with wireless settings adjustment ) - 12.23.2011, 11:20 AM

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/12...less-wifi-esc/

Quote:
Speed Passion is proud to present the all new Reventon Brushless speed controller, designed with Speed Passionís own Patented ESC Wireless Control Technology. WCT will enable ESC setting changes to be performed wirelessly with Apple devices such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. In addition, support for Android based smart phones and tablets, as well as PC, will be provided.

Quote:
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technology will be used to allow racers to save their ESC setting wirelessly from the ESC to their smart phone or tablet, or directly to a PC. The Reventonís interface will allow racers profiles and ESC settings to be shared directly from the Speed Passion website. Speed Passion factory driver settings which are posted on the Speed Passion website can also be downloaded directly to the Reventon ESC via the smartphone/tabletís wireless interface or the direct PC interface (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection module are optional and are not included with the Reventon ESC).

Quote:
The Reventonís ESC can also be adjusted wirelessly via our upcoming Carries-3 2.4G Pro radio set. Speed Passions RAT is provides real time ESC status, temperature and battery voltage and has an optional monitor feature for motor speed.
Also included in the ESC package (except Reventon Stock Club Race) is the brand new Smart LED Programmer Card with built in USB connection port. The programmer card will allow the racer to adjust ESC settings, upgrade ESC software, and view the last recorded ESC temperature and battery voltage.
Being speedpassion I'm not overly enthused, but the wireless tech & support for normal pcs & tablets + Apple products is pretty significant. Traxxas may have beaten them to market with the idea, but this seems like a better version with the extra device support + standalone module ( vs being built-into the radio ), looks like castle have some catching up to do with their own non-OEM version...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#2)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

12.24.2011, 01:33 PM

Isn't there a lambo reventon?

This is pretty cool. It forces more reputable companies to step up their game. Advancement in the r/c world is okay with me despite the manufacturer.

I get a kick out of the fact that they are boasting about being able to share esc profiles, and furthermore that you can download racers profiles. In my opinion if you can't setup your own esc you have more learning to do.

Good find Neil!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.