RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Hyper 9e Carbon Fiber Chassis. Kevlar, Aluminum & Carbon Fiber by MoosRacing. Sweet.
Old
  (#1)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Hyper 9e Carbon Fiber Chassis. Kevlar, Aluminum & Carbon Fiber by MoosRacing. Sweet. - 06.23.2010, 03:27 AM

John of MoosRacing is making these Carbon Fiber Chassis for the Hyper 9e. Apx 100.oo Dollars.
These carbon fiber chassis also come in Black, Red-Orange, and Green(Pictured).
The Hyper 9e Chassis is Made of Carbon Fiber-Kevlar-Aluminum. Strong and Flexible. 20% of 1/8th scale Racers in Europe are raceing with Johns Carbon Fiber Chassis and Shock Towers. These Chassis do not Break, and are more flexible than the stock metal(aluminum) chassis. It's a win win situation.

Hyper 9e Carbon Fiber Chassis with Carbon Fiber Side Guards. These Carbon Fiber Chassis do not require any modifications in order to use. Same Length, Width, and front end Kickup as the stock chassis. And These Chassis are several ounces lighter than the stock metal chassis as well.

These chassis are hand made in a mold.

These Chassis do not break, and are more flexible than the stock chassis.

If you have any questions, Please contact John of MoosRacing Directly. I know only what I've read and what John has told me directly, and I've shared almost everything I know with you here in this post. I hope this information is helpful. I'm buying everything John makes in Carbon Fiber, for my Hyper 9e. Matching Green Shock Towers and Anything else John will make in Carbon Fiber. Bellow, is Johns Direct Home Page, which also has a link to Johns most recent web page, and I will also include Johns Direct Email Address should you wish to order a Carbon Fiber Chassis for your 1/8th scale Hyper 9e. John also makes carbon fiber chassis for several other 1/8th scale buggies, please see Johns web page for more information.

John of MoosRacing- Web Page:
http://www.moosracing.mono.net/

Johns Direct Email Address:
buhl_john@jubii.dk

PS.
I've also written Robert, At Matrix Concepts Inc, Robert also makes extreemly high quality Carbon Fiber Chassis and more. I highly recumend you see Roberts web site as well. To learn more about Roberts Unique Racing Carbon Fiber Processes with Servicable Carbon Fiber Chassis, ie Replaceable-Built into chassis skid plates, and replaceable droop screw receiver plates. I'm sharing with you what I've learned. This information is meant to get you started on your own journey to discover the incredible wourld of Carbon Fiber Racing Chassis & Shock Towers. Note: at the moment, Robert of Matrix Concepts is Specializing in Carbon Fiber Chassis for the Losi 8ight-E. But I encourage you to contact Robert and let Robert know you need a Carbon Fiber Chassis for your Hyper 9e, if Replaceable(Built into the Chassis, do not protrude beyond the bottom of the chassis) Skid Plates and Replaceable Droops Screw Plates ie. a serviable Carbon Fiber Chassis, is a nessesity for you and your racing needs. I hope this helps, and I hope you find this information helpful. and please feel free to post up any pictures of your Carbon Fiber Chassis and your experiences with these chassis, once you've recieved your order.

Direct Link to Robert of Matrix Concepts Inc :-)
http://www.matrixconceptsinc.com/

Last edited by MindThoughts; 06.23.2010 at 03:30 AM.

Old
  (#2)
hyper9e
silly nitros....

06.23.2010, 04:59 PM

Nice review, I might have to pick one up for my 9e...

"Every time I hear/see a nitro motor, I actually get angry" -BrianG
  Send a message via Skype™ to hyper9e 
Old
  (#3)
Ryu James
Second place is the first loser!

06.24.2010, 02:32 AM

cool stuff. i have been seeing this moos racing all over the place in the past week. i have to admit, the pics you posted look much better than the pics on his site. i would love to see his chassis person. they look pretty good and would love to see how this "blend" compares to regular carbon. thanks for info.

Jammin SCRT10 Neu 1512 1y
Losi Ten-T SCT conversion Neu 1512 1y

Carbon Fiber Chassis with Kevlar and Aluminum in the Mix. Great Recipe.
Old
  (#4)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber Chassis with Kevlar and Aluminum in the Mix. Great Recipe. - 07.01.2010, 11:21 AM

Thank you Ryu James,
I really apprecieate the complements. I also like these chassis allot. I can't wait to start racing my Hyper 9e again once I've completed the complete rebuild. Ryu, do you know where I may buy upgrade drive shafts for my Hyper 9e? I'm looking for four Aluminum drive shafts, two front and two rear, and aluminum wheel axles, and also a complete set of hard steel, lightened outdrives/drive cups. I'm having quite a challenge finding any lightweight performance parts for my Hyper 9e drive-train. Yet I find many available for MBX6 and Losi 8ight-E. Any direction or help would be greatly apprecieated Ryu James. And if anyone reading this has any information at all on Hyper 9e Lightweight and or Hardened steel Drivetrain Parts, please post links and names. Thank you in advance.

PS. And if anyone has the ability to make their own parts at home or shop, and are willing to work with me or are open to the posibility of making some drivetrain parts for my buggy, I'd be all to happy to fill up your bank account for services rendered. Thank you in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu James View Post
cool stuff. i have been seeing this moos racing all over the place in the past week. i have to admit, the pics you posted look much better than the pics on his site. i would love to see his chassis person. they look pretty good and would love to see how this "blend" compares to regular carbon. thanks for info.

Old
  (#5)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

07.01.2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
PS. And if anyone has the ability to make their own parts at home or shop, and are willing to work with me or are open to the posibility of making some drivetrain parts for my buggy, I'd be all to happy to fill up your bank account for services rendered. Thank you in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Keep in mind that this forum owner does custom parts and is very knowledgeable in this area. Would be nice to give him some business while using his forum as advertisement.

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
I will write Monster Mike right away! Thank you nitrostarter.
Old
  (#6)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

I will write Monster Mike right away! Thank you nitrostarter. - 07.01.2010, 12:33 PM

Hi Nitro,
Thank you for the idea. I actually wrote Mike a few weeks ago about "building/Designing the Ultimate 1/8th scale buggy". Mike agreed to colaborate with me on the project and said he would work with me on refining different aspects of the design specifics as we encounter problems and challenges. With that said, I had not considered asking Mike if he would make me four Aluminum drive shafts for my Hyper 9e. I guess when I thought of Mike, I thought of the Designing/Creating Ultimate 1/8th scale buggy, rather than what I need right now for my Hyper 9e. I will write Mike an email right away. And let everyone know the final outcome and process of this development. Thank you nitro. Have a great, safe day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrostarter View Post
Keep in mind that this forum owner does custom parts and is very knowledgeable in this area. Would be nice to give him some business while using his forum as advertisement.

Old
  (#7)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

06.24.2010, 07:07 PM

I'm picking one up for my Jammin buggy on Monday.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Congratulations on your new Carbon Fiber Chassis. Please post lots of pictures.
Old
  (#8)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Congratulations on your new Carbon Fiber Chassis. Please post lots of pictures. - 06.25.2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I'm picking one up for my Jammin buggy on Monday.
That's great simplechamp,
Please post lots of pictures showing us your new Jammin Buggy Carbon Fiber Chassis before and after assembly. please also let us know what you think of the chassis and what your experience is of ordering, purchase and racing with your new chassis. Thank you simplechamp. Look forward to seeing pictures of your new carbon fiber chassis.

Old
  (#9)
AMorgan

06.25.2010, 02:48 PM

He made some 8ight-E specific chassis that I want bad, but I've been unable to get in contact with him. A guy from France posted a picture of one and it's exactly what I want.

Old
  (#10)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.25.2010, 05:40 PM

John of MoosRacing is extreemly backed up right now with orders. If you email John(of MoosRacing) and let him know what you need and to please send you a paypal invoice, that will be the best way to get your order going as fast as possible. John has dozzens and dozzens of emails from people that ask many questions and seem to not know what they want yet. Whereas if you email your specific order, that's the way to go. Also, the losi 8ight-E can be ordered and paid for by way of Johns new web page. Just go to the main MoosRacing web page and press the link to the new web page, the losi 8 chassis are available for order right there, among a few other models. If anyone has a 1/8th scale RC model that wants a carbon fiber chassis for a model that is not listed, you can ask for that model to be special ordered and be specific with your needs and what you know you want. This will move your order along as quick as possible. I hope this helps. And also keep in mind that Robert of "Matrix Concepts Inc" Also makes extreemly high quality carbon fiber chassis for the losi 8. With replaceable carbon fiber skid plates and droop screw plates. The skid plates are also built into the chassis and therefore sit flush(do not protrude) beyond the bottom of the chassis. It's your choice. Also, both manufacturers prices start at just over $100.oo. John of MoosRacing sells his carbon fiber chassis from about $100.oo and up to about $150.oo depending on the model. Robert of Matrix Concepts Inc, sells his carbon fiber chassis for $109.oo and also offers a complete carbon fiber kit with aluminum couplers and drive shafts. Please write/email the manufactures directly with any further questions. And know that your order will most quickly be expedited, if you place that order today, or as soon as is possible for you to do so. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
He made some 8ight-E specific chassis that I want bad, but I've been unable to get in contact with him. A guy from France posted a picture of one and it's exactly what I want.

Hyper 9e Carbon Fiber Chassis, 6mm Shock Towers, Radio Tray and Side Guards.
Old
  (#11)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Hyper 9e Carbon Fiber Chassis, 6mm Shock Towers, Radio Tray and Side Guards. - 06.26.2010, 12:50 AM

This is another picture of my Completed MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis, with Carbon Fiber 6mm Shock Towers, and Carbon Fiber Radio Tray; and also the Carbon Fiber Side Guards. All these parts are made by hand in a mold. All High Quality Carbon Fiber, Kevlar and Aluminum for strength and flexibility. All parts made with hand made molds. MoosRacing now taking orders. Production time period is about one to two weeks, and one to two weeks shipping. Email John of MoosRacing to place your order.

This picture bellow shows the hardened steel droop screw reciever heads John uses in all of the carbon fiber chassis he makes, in order to protect the carbon fiber chassis from the droop screws grinding into it.

Old
  (#12)
AMorgan

06.26.2010, 02:59 AM

Awesome, he got the new site up. I'll probably order an 8ight-E chassis shortly.

High Quality Hand Made(in a mold) Carbon Fiber Chassis for 1/8th Scale.
Old
  (#13)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

High Quality Hand Made(in a mold) Carbon Fiber Chassis for 1/8th Scale. - 06.26.2010, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Awesome, he got the new site up. I'll probably order an 8ight-E chassis shortly.
Awesome, You've found Johns new web site. Once you've recieved your MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis, please post lots of pictures, before and after assembly. And share with us your complete experience of buying the chassis and finally racing with your new chassis. I Look forward to reading about and seeing(Pictures) your experience. Also, think about what color carbon fiber chassis you would like. Red, Black or Green. As you can see in previous post, I chose the Green. All Johns Chassis Look Aweseome. But that cool look is just the icing on the cake. It's the quality of the Chassis Flex and the lightweight(a few ounces lighter than stock) aspects of this chassis that will most inhance your practice and racing experience.

Old
  (#14)
AMorgan

06.26.2010, 01:18 PM

Pricing is good, probably going to wrap up my slash project before ordering, but the 8ight-E chassis was on my "need" list. I'll probably order it in the next week or two.

Old
  (#15)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

06.28.2010, 01:30 PM

Just ordered my Jammin buggy chassis. Can't wait to try it out. It is electric specific so it doesn't have the extra holes a nitro chassis would for the engine mounting and clutch clearance slot.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Last edited by simplechamp; 06.28.2010 at 01:32 PM.