RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > HPI Savage

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#31)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

06.20.2011, 06:42 PM

Finn- I thought you went the way of the dinosaurs. Good to see you post, I hope life is going well for you.

My builds are going slow but plodding along.

Peace brotha!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#32)
Aero
RC-Monster Stock

06.21.2011, 06:35 AM

hi finnster. the questions are for anyone who can answer too :) or add specs/pics

yes it may be to extend obsolete. but dont some people still upgrade to cen diffs ? the ring gear only has 26t vs27t so aren't these a bigger size/another pitch ? about those CEn input pinions, they surely lok like another type of teeth than their ring gear as well. am not too fond of their ring and pinion gear anyway..

i think the main idea/wish, was to have that CEN diff case fit onto savage ring gears. wondering if those cen cross pins would fit as well. as i have the savage diff, old and new(BP), they both have this alu alloy grey diff case, and actually i saw a broken one by foty. the CEN case seems better simply cos of easy of access when having two 'endbells', we could use xray m2.5x14mm pins in the 10t spiders, and much easier to shim the diff (rather than 'emptying the whole diff cup to shim the 10t spider gear inside the cup). the case itself looks stronger than the savage aloy diff cups.

as per your answer, that ain't gonna happen then. but will the cross pins fit a savage diff then ? probably not ? so the cen spider gears are lesswide and taller than savage gears ?

the 'diff cup' = diff output cup/out drive right, (cute kid has many names?) to use savage diff output instead or CEN, is this becoz the CEN outdrive is 8mm ID and not 9/11mm?

is it a rumour or true that hot bodies d8 spider gears are harder than savage spider gears ? they look just the same. do anyone know what buggy spiders gears would be a preferred upgrade ?

i have a mutilator diff, that i got an alu (novaRC) cup for, and had to drill a set screw hole to fit the pin inside the spider in the cup. the orig. plastic cup had this. the savage diff aloy cup is rounded off such way that there really isnt room for a set screw hole (would weaken cup alot). is novarc closed btw?

can anyone recommend an upgrade diff cup for savage ?

ill try make some comparison pics of savage dif parts and ofna/hobao mutilator diff, perhaps theres some interesting to conclude, perhaps not..

Last edited by Aero; 06.21.2011 at 06:48 AM.

Old
  (#33)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

06.21.2011, 12:25 PM

I dont think anyone messes with the Cen gears anymore.

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#34)
JasonB
Flux Fan

06.21.2011, 07:11 PM

Hot bodies is the best option. Related links.
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29094
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29113

Drive it like it owes you money.