RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
RC Tires- Lowest Price I've Ever Seen-By Sweep Racing.
Old
  (#1)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

RC Tires- Lowest Price I've Ever Seen-By Sweep Racing. - 11.22.2010, 08:28 PM

What's most attractive is these tires are offered in sets of four- with foams- for only 25.oo dollars. I know sponsored racers that pay more for their tires.

I've not tried these tires yet but they come highly recommended. It's the first time I've ever seen a quality tire offered in a set of four- with quality foams- and for a price seeming 1/2 what major name tires sell for. If anyone has used these tires- please post pictures of tires after use and note which type of dirt or clay you race or ran the tires on, and also please talk about your experience with these various different tread pattern and different softness tires- in terms of traction and quality.

I will also be buying a full set of these and will give a full review of their traction and the tire life and quality- once I've practice and raced with a set. The price seems to be apx 25.oo dollars for a set of four tires with quality foams. Or 45.oo dollars for a set of four tires and foams Pre-Glued to a set of four rims. I've payed almost twice this for tires throughout my four years experience with 1/8th scale buggy practice and racing. I do know- that many pro level racers use these tires and foams- and wheels(primarily in the extra soft compound). I've found very little feedback nor reviews on the SweepRacing tires, foams and wheels. If anyone is aware of any other tires which are also low cost- please post links to the tires- foams and rims. Thank you in advance :)

Direct Link To Tires With Foams In Sets Of Four- For 25.oo New:
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...roducts_id=209

Hyper 9E And Losi 8ight-E. Each model with Full Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis & Kit. Xcelorin 2100kv + Xcelorin ESC & 1409 1Y Neu/Castle + MMM. 1344watt 40amp PowerLab 8.

Last edited by MindThoughts; 11.22.2010 at 08:33 PM.

Old
  (#2)
bryan
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.22.2010, 09:19 PM

They don't seem to be available on the link you provided but keep us up to date . At a minimum they will be a good choice to bash with! Deffinetly a good price

Sweep Racing Tires, Foams And Rims- Sold In Sets Of Four.
Old
  (#3)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Sweep Racing Tires, Foams And Rims- Sold In Sets Of Four. - 11.22.2010, 10:01 PM

I double checked the link I provide and was able to place an order for a set of the tires with foams- set of four. I scrolled down to the bottom of the page, or near the bottom of the page and look to page right. I clicked on "Add To Cart", and I was taken to a page which asked me to sign in or open an account. I pressed open new account which is basically puting my shipping address, name, phone number and password- I was then able to proceed with my order. Though the link I provide in the post is for the red dot tires which are a soft tire classification. I do not know if the extra soft tires are in stock- which are often the first tires sold out and also offer the best traction. I've not heard of these tires being used for bashing but I'm sure they would work for that as well. Maybe in the harder compounds to help extend tire life. The softer compounds such as the extra soft or Blue Dot- tires are said to provide excellent traction and tire life. But I've not yet run these. I will provide a full review once I have.

At the bottom of this link(see below) is more information on the tires in general. The link I previously provide was meant only to get you- and anyone interested in low cost race tires- over to the web site. A friend of mine that also races 1/8th scale RC said he recently wrote the owner of Sweep Racing- and the owner said they will be receiving a new shipment of tires within two weeks. You and or anyone may also contact the owner as well via the Sweep Racing web page.

See near the bottom of this link to read more about these tires in use for racing:
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...roducts_id=259

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
They don't seem to be available on the link you provided but keep us up to date . At a minimum they will be a good choice to bash with! Deffinetly a good price

Hyper 9E And Losi 8ight-E. Each model with Full Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis & Kit. Xcelorin 2100kv + Xcelorin ESC & 1409 1Y Neu/Castle + MMM. 1344watt 40amp PowerLab 8.

Old
  (#4)
reno911
Smelly Nitro meet your maker!

11.22.2010, 11:16 PM

Seem reasonable, but Proline and or AKAs can be had for just a few more dollars a pair. I know for a fact that m4 by proline is stellar. 50-60 for a set is about the norm on buggy tire. If you want cheap look up SupraSales on eBay. Whole set of four mounted for 25.

Get some and give us a review.

ProLine M4 19.oo x 2 = 38.oo vs SweepRacing 25.oo (full set of four) = 13.oo savings.
Old
  (#5)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

ProLine M4 19.oo x 2 = 38.oo vs SweepRacing 25.oo (full set of four) = 13.oo savings. - 11.23.2010, 12:17 AM

I like the ProLine M4 as well. They're a very lightweight- excellent traction on high bite clay tracks as well. But when I buy a set of four from NitroHouse- I'm looking at 19.oo dollars for two tires which is how most tires are sold in the RC industry. That's 38.oo dollars for a set of four M4 HoleShots by ProLine- compared to 25.oo for one set of four SweepRacing tires. 13.oo isn't much but when you buy a few sets the savings begins to add up quite quickly. And I know allot of racers who will go way out of their way to save a few extra dollars. This industry is all about the best quality for the best price. These forums are a great place to discover the quality of new products. It's nice when something lower cost is also good quality- though it's not always the case. Once I test a set of these Extra Soft tires by Sweep Racing- I'll give a full review with detailed pictures of the wear rate after each day of practice and racing. These tires could be a great way for us racers to save a few dollars on tires and still be extremely competitive.

Thank you for mentioning the low cost tires on eBay. I've never purchased anything on eBay before- nor have I ever used eBay- but I'm willing to give it a try if it means I can save money. But I need to know those tires are capable of excellent traction on high bite clay ie West Coast RC Raceway. I will search for reviews on the tires you mention on eBay. If you know of any threads or links to any reviews on those tires- please post those up here on this thread. I would sure appreciate it. Thank you for the information.

Here is the link to the tires I'm running right now. Hole Shot M4(super soft) by ProLine. And I believe the foams in these had to be replaced with a higher quality foam sold separately. It appears the SweepRacing set of four tires with foams already come standard with a full set of four quality foams(but I'll not know for certain until I buy a set and run them). I'll give a full review and update of foam quality and tire quality once I've used these.

Link to tires I've been using which cost 13.oo dollars more than Sweep(per set of 4).
http://www.nitrohouse.com/p22415/Pro...duct_info.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by reno911 View Post
Seem reasonable, but Proline and or AKAs can be had for just a few more dollars a pair. I know for a fact that m4 by proline is stellar. 50-60 for a set is about the norm on buggy tire. If you want cheap look up SupraSales on eBay. Whole set of four mounted for 25.

Get some and give us a review.

Old
  (#6)
Cain
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.31.2011, 12:48 PM

Any news?

As for the supra sales tires, they are not bad. The ones he sells really cheap are like M2 compounds I think. I tried the crimefighter style tires and I liked them, though, the recessed part where the nut would go is a tight fit, you need a thin walled nut driver to get in there.

Old
  (#7)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

01.31.2011, 05:44 PM

The Sweep off-road tires should be pretty decent. I know they are a big name in 1/8 on-road GT for belted slicks and radials.

I also have some of the SupraSales off-road, great basher tire (I have the Badlands and Caliber clones) but the compound seems too firm for racing. I will probably try some of the on-road slicks, but I wish they had an on-road radial. I saw they added a "Pro" line, with the tires supposedly having much softer compound and true molded foams. They are more expensive, at $37 shipped per set, but if they are truly better and more similar to a real racing tire they might be worth it.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#8)
reno911

01.31.2011, 07:26 PM

I will still swear by Calibers in m4. Traction all day long, and surprisingly they don't wear fast. I have been racing indoor on the same set of Calibers on the Slash 4x4 for almost 6 months now. Besides rotating them once, they show very little sign of wear. I am pretty deadly using these, so I don't imagine I will stray away from them any time soon.

I own a few various sets of suprasales badland knockoffs, as well as a few of their racing tread designs. The badland style are awesome, great for bashing. The racing treads are now my baldies that I use for street and such style bashing. Also used them on carpet and they made for some good traction.

Old
  (#9)
Cain
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.01.2011, 10:42 AM

any issues with the tread folding over since the compound is so soft?

Old
  (#10)
reno911

02.01.2011, 01:52 PM

Explain what that means, I think I know what your talking about but not sure at the same time.

Old
  (#11)
Cain
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.01.2011, 02:14 PM

Basically when going into say a turn or something the tread pins fold over into the tire instead of holding there shape causing grip to be inconsistent.

Old
  (#12)
reno911

02.01.2011, 04:17 PM

I am not really sure if this happens or not. I get great traction through turns even on throttle. Then again I have a decent amount of camber added to front and rear to help prevent this as well.

Old
  (#13)
C-5Quad
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.01.2011, 05:39 PM

is it possible to make these fit a rustler with a 17mm wheel adapter?? I could use some cheeper options when it comes to tires and wheels......I want to run at the track for fun but all I have are stampede wheels and bald factory wheels. any recomendations welcome!

Rustler with 3800 4pole sidewinder on 2s 5000 20c

Old
  (#14)
reno911

02.01.2011, 05:52 PM

Rustler/Slash/Stampede all the same thing more or less. Lots of companies make 17mm adapters for this set of vehicles, chose one and be on your way.

AKA in my personal opinion is the best.

Old
  (#15)
burnineyes

02.02.2011, 03:28 AM

I have not used these, but if they are half as good as Sweep's on-road tires they will be VERY popular.