phatmonk
RC carbon junkie

06.30.2010, 08:35 PM

Why not a chassis for a Hyper 10SC?

SC8-E RCM MMM CC 1717
Slash 4x4 MMP CC SC 2400
SC RC8BE MMP Neu Tekno 1512/2D
Mugen MBX6 Eco MMP Neu Tekno 1515/1.5D

Awesome, Please take lots of pictures of your new MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis.
Old
  (#17)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Awesome, Please take lots of pictures of your new MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis. - 07.01.2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Just ordered my Jammin buggy chassis. Can't wait to try it out. It is electric specific so it doesn't have the extra holes a nitro chassis would for the engine mounting and clutch clearance slot.
That's really great simplechamp, I hope you will post many pictures on this thread and also share your thoughts about your new MoosRacing Chassis once you've recieved it. Please post pictures of the chassis alone, and then with your RC all together and some underside view shots as well. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. we really apprecieate it. By the way, I like your forum name, simplechamp. that's an awesome name. Look forward to seeing those awesome pictures of your new chassis

Contact John of MoosRacing Via Email. Home Web Page Link also provided.
Old
  (#18)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Contact John of MoosRacing Via Email. Home Web Page Link also provided. - 07.01.2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmonk View Post
Why not a chassis for a Hyper 10SC?
I know that John of MooRacing specializes in 1/8th scale carbon fiber chassis design and parts & accessory design as well. But do not know if John would make a Hyper 10SC Carbon Fiber Chassis. The best thing you can do is contact John directly. I will give you Johns Direct Email address and also Johns home web page, which has a link to Johns new web page from which Carbon Fiber Chassis can be ordered and Paid for.

John Buhl's Direct Email Address:
buhl_john@jubii.dk

John's Home Web Page:
http://www.moosracing.mono.net/

Old
  (#19)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

07.01.2010, 09:36 AM

This is a pic John sent me of my chassis. I was glad to see those inserts in the droop screw tabs, wasn't sure how I was going to protect that area, but it's good to go. Should be on its way to me right now.

What is the flex pattern of these like compared to say a 7075 alum. chassis? Ryu James made his own carbon chassis some time back, but I think he found it didn't flex quite to his liking with the thickness of CF he used.

Maybe plastic chassis braces could be used? Or just one in front or rear? Or none? Or keep using both as with a regular alloy chassis? Not sure, just throwing out ideas.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#20)
AMorgan

07.01.2010, 10:17 AM

Simple, from what I've read, the moos chassis flex a little more than stock (they're actually thin aluminum wrapped with carbon). I'm planning to run 2 aluminum braces on my 8ight-E as they're generally too stiff for the stock chassis... I'm hoping they're just right for the carbon one.

MoosRacing and Matrix Concepts Inc-Carbon Fiber Chassis Flex a little more than stock
Old
  (#21)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

MoosRacing and Matrix Concepts Inc-Carbon Fiber Chassis Flex a little more than stock - 07.01.2010, 10:54 AM

Simplechamp,
These hand made(in a mold)Carbon Fiber Chassis are not made from pre-fabricated sheets of carbon fiber. Both John of MoosRacing and Robert of Matrix Concepts have refined and perfected the amount of chassis flex these carbon fiber chassis deliver. The end result being these chassis flex a little more than the stock chassis which is ideal for offroad RC racing. At about 100.oo dollars each, for the Hyper 9e chassis from moosracing, and the quality of the craftsmenship, these carbon fiber chassis are a must have performance upgrade.

I can also completely relate to your apprecieation of the hardened steel droop screw reciever heads being an awesome aspect to these chassis. And those hard steel reciever heads can be changed easily if ever needed. They just unscrew with ease.

PS. Yes AMorgan, it'll be fun to experiment with tuning your chassis flex to your specific needs. And that's the exact reason John and Robert both running seperate carbon fiber chassis manufacturing companies have arrived at the same concept when it comes to chassis flex. It's better to have the chassis flex more than the stock chassis because you can always reduce chassis flex with chassis braces of various types and materials. But if you start with a stiff chassis, you have zero chassis tuning options. With today's carbon fiber processes, both John and Robert can increase or decrease the amount of chassis flex in increments that would be impossible with metal or graphite chassis. These carbon fiber chasses from MoosRacing and Matrix Concepts Inc trully are cutting edge technology. And it's extreemly exciting to own one of these technological marvels.

PPS. Your chassis looks really awesome simplechamp. Please show us some detailed pictures of the chassis when your RC is all put together. I can't wait to see it. This chassis looks really nice. Congratulations :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Simple, from what I've read, the moos chassis flex a little more than stock (they're actually thin aluminum wrapped with carbon). I'm planning to run 2 aluminum braces on my 8ight-E as they're generally too stiff for the stock chassis... I'm hoping they're just right for the carbon one.

Old
  (#22)
sabongi
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.01.2010, 11:09 AM

You're a funny guy. Keep up all this motivation.

Carbon Fiber Chassis with Kevlar and Aluminum in the Mix. Great Recipe.
Old
  (#23)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber Chassis with Kevlar and Aluminum in the Mix. Great Recipe. - 07.01.2010, 11:21 AM

Thank you Ryu James,
I really apprecieate the complements. I also like these chassis allot. I can't wait to start racing my Hyper 9e again once I've completed the complete rebuild. Ryu, do you know where I may buy upgrade drive shafts for my Hyper 9e? I'm looking for four Aluminum drive shafts, two front and two rear, and aluminum wheel axles, and also a complete set of hard steel, lightened outdrives/drive cups. I'm having quite a challenge finding any lightweight performance parts for my Hyper 9e drive-train. Yet I find many available for MBX6 and Losi 8ight-E. Any direction or help would be greatly apprecieated Ryu James. And if anyone reading this has any information at all on Hyper 9e Lightweight and or Hardened steel Drivetrain Parts, please post links and names. Thank you in advance.

PS. And if anyone has the ability to make their own parts at home or shop, and are willing to work with me or are open to the posibility of making some drivetrain parts for my buggy, I'd be all to happy to fill up your bank account for services rendered. Thank you in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu James View Post
cool stuff. i have been seeing this moos racing all over the place in the past week. i have to admit, the pics you posted look much better than the pics on his site. i would love to see his chassis person. they look pretty good and would love to see how this "blend" compares to regular carbon. thanks for info.

Motivated by Quality.
Old
  (#24)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Motivated by Quality. - 07.01.2010, 11:31 AM

Thank you sabongi,
I apprecieate your apprecieation. I have allot of fun with this hobby. I hope one day we will have a RC track in every city. It's hard to believe but I meet people everyday that don't even know this hobby exist, yet love the idea and show great interest in practicing the hobby. I help many people get started in this hobby. It's a great pleasure. And as you can see, I have a great respect and apprecieation for quality. You have a good and motivated day, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabongi View Post
You're a funny guy. Keep up all this motivation.

Old
  (#25)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

07.01.2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindThoughts View Post
PS. And if anyone has the ability to make their own parts at home or shop, and are willing to work with me or are open to the posibility of making some drivetrain parts for my buggy, I'd be all to happy to fill up your bank account for services rendered. Thank you in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Keep in mind that this forum owner does custom parts and is very knowledgeable in this area. Would be nice to give him some business while using his forum as advertisement.

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
I will write Monster Mike right away! Thank you nitrostarter.
Old
  (#26)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

I will write Monster Mike right away! Thank you nitrostarter. - 07.01.2010, 12:33 PM

Hi Nitro,
Thank you for the idea. I actually wrote Mike a few weeks ago about "building/Designing the Ultimate 1/8th scale buggy". Mike agreed to colaborate with me on the project and said he would work with me on refining different aspects of the design specifics as we encounter problems and challenges. With that said, I had not considered asking Mike if he would make me four Aluminum drive shafts for my Hyper 9e. I guess when I thought of Mike, I thought of the Designing/Creating Ultimate 1/8th scale buggy, rather than what I need right now for my Hyper 9e. I will write Mike an email right away. And let everyone know the final outcome and process of this development. Thank you nitro. Have a great, safe day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrostarter View Post
Keep in mind that this forum owner does custom parts and is very knowledgeable in this area. Would be nice to give him some business while using his forum as advertisement.

Old
  (#27)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

07.01.2010, 04:02 PM

Yep, Mike seems to be a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to RC stuff. If you need it chances are he can make it!

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

1/8th scale Electric Complete Re-Design. Lighter and Longer Lasting Drivetrain.
Old
  (#28)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

1/8th scale Electric Complete Re-Design. Lighter and Longer Lasting Drivetrain. - 07.01.2010, 09:33 PM

The good thing is, it was really easy to discover that Mike makes parts and also complete RC designs. Thinking back, Mike was actually one of the first people I asked if he could make me a carbon fiber chassis for my Hyper 9e. And though Mike is not set up for making carbon fiber chassis, he offered to work with me on other larger RC designs. I really believe that 1/8th scale Electric RC design has a long way to go, in the realm of Electric chassis design and drivetrain durability and design. I let Mike know I would create drawings/designs on paper and send them when complete, Mike offered to perfect and make possible those designs. It's going to be an exciting project. I believe the final product will basically be a Hyper 9e layout, with Losi 8ight-8E Durability, and a lightwieght, wear resistant drive train that is soo needed with these buggies. It'll be allot of fun. That's for sure.

PS. Thank you simplechamp. Mike has expressed his interest, ability and passion for RC design in correspondence with me via emails. I look forward to working with Mike. I greatly apprecieate the knowledge and advice Mike has given and shared with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Yep, Mike seems to be a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to RC stuff. If you need it chances are he can make it!

Carbon Fiber Bodies For RC's, by John of MoosRacing. Also come in a variety of colors
Old
  (#29)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber Bodies For RC's, by John of MoosRacing. Also come in a variety of colors - 07.05.2010, 03:15 AM

I recently learned that John, Owner and Founder of MoosRacing, also makes Carbon Fiber Bodies in various colors, including the classis- Black Woven Carbon Fiber Look. My understanding is that John can make any style Carbon Fiber Body. John will need your body style of choice sent to MoosRacing, from which John will use this original Lexan or Pollycarbonate body as a reference to mold and shape your own custom and completely unique Carbon Fiber Body. I believe John can make any body for any RC, so long as you send the original RC body from which John will create your own unique style body. If you have any questions and or to clarify any design specifics you wish to request, please contact/email John of MoosRacing directly. I hope you find this information as awesome, incredible; and exciting as I have. I do not know the weight difference between the carbon fiber and the Lexan & Pollycarbonate bodies, but these are specifics I'm sure John will answer upon your contact with him. I will be posting pictures of a couple different carbon fiber bodies, soon. I ordered two white carbon fiber bodies for my Hyper 9e, and John confirmed being able to make the body less wide, in order to fit the carbon fiber side guards snug. John has not yet confirmed the posibility of making my carbon fiber body in white, or a white and black weave. I love the way the black carbon fiber looks, but the dark colors tend to make it more dificult to see the buggy on the track. Though I was thinking I could use a "white flames" tribal sticker kit, to make the RC stand out against the background. I do not yet have a price on how much these carbon fiber bodies sell for. Please contact John of MoosRacing for any further details. John mention he's recieving orders from all over the world for the carbon fiber chassis, bodies and parts. Please continue to post pictures of your MoosRacing carbon fiber chassis, bodies and parts.

Pictures of Two Different Carbon Fiber RC Bodies. Also Available in Different Colors.
Old
  (#30)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Pictures of Two Different Carbon Fiber RC Bodies. Also Available in Different Colors. - 07.05.2010, 03:40 AM

Pictured Bellow is- One Jammin SCRT 10 carbon body and one Jammin X2 Truggy body.

As soon as I recieve my two Hyper 9e Carbon Fiber Bodies from John of MoosRacing, I will do a complete detailed review with many detailed pictures as well. For now, I'm sharing with you all I know. And the Carbon Fiber Chassis and Parts I bought from John, are excellent in every way. As I discover and learn more information, I will share with this link; everything I learn and know.