RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#31)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

07.13.2010, 12:30 AM

I received my Jammin X2 CF chassis a few days ago, shipping was quite fast. I will need to get new center CVDs (and chassis braces?) before I can install it, since I'm running the X1 chassis right now. Might need to drill a few other holes also to set it up for a saddle pack (2x2S) config.

The CF chassis looks very solid and thick, but it actually seems to have the same or more flex than the stock X1 chassis I compared it with. The stock X1 chassis weighed in at 288g on my digital scale, and the CF X2 chassis came in at 226g. Not sure how substantial that is, but as a basher I'm not terribly concerned with weight, I just love CF.

Can't wait to get my buggy set up with this new chassis!

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Last edited by simplechamp; 07.13.2010 at 12:41 AM.

Another lover of carbon fiber.
Old
  (#32)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Another lover of carbon fiber. - 07.14.2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I received my Jammin X2 CF chassis a few days ago, shipping was quite fast. I will need to get new center CVDs (and chassis braces?) before I can install it, since I'm running the X1 chassis right now. Might need to drill a few other holes also to set it up for a saddle pack (2x2S) config.

The CF chassis looks very solid and thick, but it actually seems to have the same or more flex than the stock X1 chassis I compared it with. The stock X1 chassis weighed in at 288g on my digital scale, and the CF X2 chassis came in at 226g. Not sure how substantial that is, but as a basher I'm not terribly concerned with weight, I just love CF.

Can't wait to get my buggy set up with this new chassis!

That's awesome simplechamp,
can you show us a few different angle pictures, of the bottom of your chassis, and the side and top of your RC with the body off.

As a basher, and lover of carbon fiber, you may want to order your body in carbon fiber as well, that would look super awesome, you could get the same kind and color carbon fiber for your body, as your chassis is made from. This way your body would also last much longer than the lexan bodies as well. I ordered two of my favorite bodies for my Hyper 9e, I'll post many pictures once I've recieved them. Let me know what you think about running the carbon fiber body, and please post up some new pictures, can't wait to see this beast put together. Have a great evening. And thank you for keeping us posted on your carbon fiber progress.

PS. It would have been awesome if you could have let John know you were planning on running two batteries and maybe he could have helped you with drilling those holes as well. Though he may have need you to send him the battery boxes in order to know exactly where to drill the new holes for those battery boxes. Maybe you could post up some before and after battery modification pictures as well. That would be cool to.

Old
  (#33)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

07.15.2010, 12:02 PM

Yeah I thought about having him do the extra drilling, but I wanted to save the money and do it myself, especially since I want to play around with tray placement (I have more room with the longer X2 chassis than with the X1 chassis)

I will take some pictures as I get the trays and rest of the vehicle worked out.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#34)
AMorgan

07.17.2010, 11:23 AM

Just paid John for my 8ight-E 2.0 chassis... now I just have to get my buggy back from my friend...

Old
  (#35)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.18.2010, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
Just paid John for my 8ight-E 2.0 chassis... now I just have to get my buggy back from my friend...
That's Awesome,
What's your friend doing with your buggy? did you loan it to him to race?

Can't wait to see some pictures of your Carbon Fiber Chassis. I'm going to start a new review thread for another carbon fiber chassis that's coming out. It's Insane Awesomeness!

Old
  (#36)
AMorgan

07.18.2010, 10:52 AM

While I'm sure he'd love to borrow it to race, he's just doing the soldering for me and painting a body up for it; he's a much more skilled solderer than I am and used to paint RC box art as a second job and does a lot of my race paint schemes. I hope to order a new RCM motor mount this week too, though my old one seems to be working just fine. After that I have it about where I want it with the exception of the 10 degree spindle set, though I want to try out the current setup before I go that route since it adds a lot of steering.

Old
  (#37)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

07.21.2010, 11:54 AM

After realizing the Jammin X2 center driveshafts, drive cups, and chassis braces would be $80-100 alone, I found a cheap X2 roller to use as donor parts and spares. As soon as it arrives I can get the Moos Racing CF chassis into action.

Old
  (#38)
AMorgan

07.26.2010, 11:21 AM

I got my 8ight-E chassis over the weekend. It had a few blems and bubbles that I wasn't terribly thrilled about, but they would be covered by my gear so it wasn't a huge deal, but there was also a spur gear hole cut into the chassis where the spur gear would be if I ran nitro. Since it's an 8ight-E 2.0 the spur is in a different place and any dust and dirt that would enter this hole is headed straight for the gears. I'm sending it back to Denmark and John is going to send me one without the holes. I'm hoping it comes back without the blems and bubbles as well, but we'll see. I'm sure it was probably just some air bubbles trapped in the resin that released after rolling around in a box truck for a few hours waiting to be delivered. Stiffness felt good though. The bottom looked perfect (I'm guessing the bottom is also the bottom of the mold) Either way its WAY light compared to the aluminum one. I'll try to make a weight comparison when I get the new one back.

Write John right away. Please.
Old
  (#39)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Write John right away. Please. - 07.26.2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMorgan View Post
I got my 8ight-E chassis over the weekend. It had a few blems and bubbles that I wasn't terribly thrilled about, but they would be covered by my gear so it wasn't a huge deal, but there was also a spur gear hole cut into the chassis where the spur gear would be if I ran nitro. Since it's an 8ight-E 2.0 the spur is in a different place and any dust and dirt that would enter this hole is headed straight for the gears. I'm sending it back to Denmark and John is going to send me one without the holes. I'm hoping it comes back without the blems and bubbles as well, but we'll see. I'm sure it was probably just some air bubbles trapped in the resin that released after rolling around in a box truck for a few hours waiting to be delivered. Stiffness felt good though. The bottom looked perfect (I'm guessing the bottom is also the bottom of the mold) Either way its WAY light compared to the aluminum one. I'll try to make a weight comparison when I get the new one back.
I think it would be a good idea to let John know you also didn't like the bubles in the finish. you can word it however sounds appropriate to you. I don't think your angry about it, but you definitely like a smooth finish. I would let John know, if you don't, it may happen again. I know he's making these chassis almost 24 hours a day, seven days a week, sending them all over the world. And even though these chassis get worked in the dirt real bad, you still like it to look nice when it's new. that's totally understandable. Let me know if writing John and letting him know what your concerns are, beyond the nitro vs electric chassis; sounds good to you. I really think you should write him rather than seeing if he corrects the problems without mentioning it to him.

Thank you for keeping us up to date on your experience. Keep us updated to what happens next. and Please write John All your concerns, otherwise you may not be completely happy, and that would be a waste of one potentially happy customer.

MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis Updates. Thank you simplechamp, great thinking :)
Old
  (#40)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis Updates. Thank you simplechamp, great thinking :) - 07.26.2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
After realizing the Jammin X2 center driveshafts, drive cups, and chassis braces would be $80-100 alone, I found a cheap X2 roller to use as donor parts and spares. As soon as it arrives I can get the Moos Racing CF chassis into action.

That's awesome simplechamp, please take some pictures of putting everything onto your new carbon fiber MoosRacing chassis, once you're at that point. It would be awesome to see the chassis in the different stages of parts being screwed into and onto the chassis. I will also do this once I'm finished testing the new Matrix Concepts Inc. Carbon Fiber Chassis for the Hyper 9E. Have a great day, and please keep the great reviews coming in steady. And also this thread is for anyone running a carbon fiber chassis on their offroad RC. Everyone is welcome.

Old
  (#41)
whitrzac
Can't catch this...

08.19.2010, 09:57 PM

got mine today

Congratulations on your new CF Chassis + Carbon Fiber Bodies- These are awesome.
Old
  (#42)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Congratulations on your new CF Chassis + Carbon Fiber Bodies- These are awesome. - 08.19.2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
got mine today
Congratulations whitrzac,
I can't wait to see some pictures of your new chassis. Please post some as soon as possible. By the way, check out my new silver carbon fiber body John just made for my Hyper 9e. John explained to me that these carbon fiber bodies are the same weight as the stock lexan bodies, and he's only charging $45.oo dollars each for these carbon fiber bodies. These have been in limited production for the past year, and the first bodies John made are still going strong. John is now in full production with these carbon fiber bodies, and he will make just about any body for any RC. So if you or anyone are interested in buying your favorite body in carbon fiber, definitely send John an email and let him know. At 45 dollars, each, that's not much more than the lexan bodies. I think that's quite a great price indeed. Anyone who buys a carbon fiber body and or chassis, please post pictures on this thread, and tell us about your experience with these awesome chassis and bodies.

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of your carbon fiber chassis :)
Please take pictures of the chassis alone, before your RC is assembled, and then inlude pictures of your RC as you assemble it at different stages of the process of having all the parts on; if possible.

These carbon fiber bodies come in Blue, Black, Pearl Black and a few other colors as well, Please email John directly if you would like to place an order.

All carbon fiber bodies weigh in at the same weight as the stock body, and have at least the same strength as the stock lexan bodies. I especially like the look of carbon fiber, as well :)

PS. I'm extreemly grateful for John of MoosRacing making these carbon fiber bodies for me. This is truly a dream come true. I never thought I would ever meet someone that makes a body for an RC, in carbon fiber. And especially at these kind of extreemly reasonable prices. Thank you John of MoosRacing, You are Awesome :)

Hyper 9E And Losi 8ight-E. Each model with Full Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis & Kit. Xcelorin 2100kv + Xcelorin ESC & 1409 1Y Neu/Castle + MMM. 1344watt 40amp PowerLab 8.

Old
  (#43)
molak
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

08.19.2010, 11:39 PM

That "silver carbon fiber" is actualy hexcel texalium which is aluminun coated fiberglass... But still looks sweet.

IŽll order a hyper9e chassis ..

Carbon Fiber Hyper 9e Chassis and Silver Imitation Carbon Fiber Body.
Old
  (#44)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber Hyper 9e Chassis and Silver Imitation Carbon Fiber Body. - 08.20.2010, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molak View Post
That "silver carbon fiber" is actualy hexcel texalium which is aluminun coated fiberglass... But still looks sweet.

IŽll order a hyper9e chassis ..
Thank you molak. John said the Black and Pearl Black RC bodies are both carbon fiber, while the Silver and a few other colors are carbon fiber imitation, or better known as what I believe to be- what you said :) I will also confirm with John what the imitation corbon fiber is made up of. And I do thank you for your input and clarification.

PS. Thank you for that clarification. John of MoosRacing also mention the silver body(Material), is also as strong as the stock lexan bodies, and equal in weight. I do thank you for this technical information molak. And please post pictures of your new chassis once you've received it. What color carbon fiber chassis do you think you will get?

Hyper 9E And Losi 8ight-E. Each model with Full Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis & Kit. Xcelorin 2100kv + Xcelorin ESC & 1409 1Y Neu/Castle + MMM. 1344watt 40amp PowerLab 8.

Old
  (#45)
AMorgan

08.20.2010, 09:09 AM

You know, I pretty much gave up on my chassis... but after looking at the chassis on here, it almost looks like mine was half a**ed. The quality on the stuff I see in this post is substantially higher than what I recieved, almost like they came from two different sources.