RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#76)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

11.21.2010, 09:08 PM

Glad I was lucky enough to get my chassis in before he got overrun with orders. I still have my Jammin chassis sitting in the box, but my winter project is going to be converting my Jammin X1 buggy to a Jammin X2 on-road GT car with the Moos Racing CF chassis. Should be very slick!

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

MoosRacing Becomes MoosDesign.
Old
  (#77)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

MoosRacing Becomes MoosDesign. - 11.21.2010, 11:05 PM

I'm very happy for you simplechamp. That's really truly awesome you were one of the last people to get your order complete before John sold his MoosRacing business. In fact- John told me recently that he decide rather than close his business- he sold his MoosRacing carbon fiber RC design business and parts production should resume in January of 2011. I do not know any details beyond this. In other words- I do not know which web site will be used nor do I know which contact information will be valid nor up to date. But any new information I discover- I most certainly will either post here on this thread- or post on a new thread. I'll decide once the time comes.

John- Formally of MoosRacing, and now MoosDesign-has start a new company with his wife- making carbon fiber Rings and Jewelry. This Jewelry is like nothing I've ever seen before, truly outstanding quality and attention to detail. This new business allows John more time with his family- being that John works with his wife Marianne- making the new carbon fiber rings with various precious stones.

Have a great day :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Glad I was lucky enough to get my chassis in before he got overrun with orders. I still have my Jammin chassis sitting in the box, but my winter project is going to be converting my Jammin X1 buggy to a Jammin X2 on-road GT car with the Moos Racing CF chassis. Should be very slick!

Hyper 9E And Losi 8ight-E. Each model with Full Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis & Kit. Xcelorin 2100kv + Xcelorin ESC & 1409 1Y Neu/Castle + MMM. 1344watt 40amp PowerLab 8.

Old
  (#78)
superek4
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.23.2010, 10:47 AM

I guess I am d lucky few who still drive for moosracing. Btw anyone has a jammin chassis n build a front skid plate as the chassis n bumper does not flush?

My Sponsors
Hobbywing
ManiaRc
Acorn racing
UpgradeRc
Blackbeard RC
Team Hong Nor
Team RC Monster
MoosRacing
BocaBearings
SweepRacing
Tresrey USA

De Racing Skid Plates and T-Bone Racing- And Or Basher Bumpers.
Old
  (#79)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

De Racing Skid Plates and T-Bone Racing- And Or Basher Bumpers. - 11.26.2010, 09:37 PM

Yes- you certainly are one of the lucky few that races on Johns team. Will you please post up many detailed and close up pictures of your Carbon Fiber RC? It's nice to see as many RC's as possible- with carbon fiber chassis and or full carbon fiber kits. Please feel free to post as many pictures from as many different angles as you possibly can- and if possible- very well lit pictures always shows great detail :)

PS. As for the chassis sitting flush with the bumpers- my experience has been that the MoosRacing carbon fiber chassis is a little bit thicker than the stock metal chassis- which cause the chassis to sit below the front and rear bumper. I highly recommend the T-Bone Racing (Big) Basher bumpers for use during practice days which act both as a bumper and as a skid plate. T-Bone Racing offers the front and rear as a set and they only cost about 22.oo dollars or so for the set(2 bumpers/skid plates). And during racing- I recommend the De Racing front and rear skid plates in combination with your stock bumpers. Associated also offers a sticky sheet/Clear Material which sticks to the bottom of your chassis and protects the chassis. John highly recommends some form or type of chassis protection. If you have any more questions- please feel free to ask. Happy Holidays To All, And To All A Good Night :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superek4 View Post
I guess I am d lucky few who still drive for moosracing. Btw anyone has a jammin chassis n build a front skid plate as the chassis n bumper does not flush?

Hyper 9E And Losi 8ight-E. Each model with Full Matrix Concepts Inc Carbon Fiber Chassis & Kit. Xcelorin 2100kv + Xcelorin ESC & 1409 1Y Neu/Castle + MMM. 1344watt 40amp PowerLab 8.

Old
  (#80)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

12.02.2010, 09:25 PM

So I have to sit tight and be patient that in January the 9e chassis and other parts "might" be availible ?

Thanks.
Jeff

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

The New Owners Of The MoosRacing Company. Business said to open in January, 2011.
Old
  (#81)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

The New Owners Of The MoosRacing Company. Business said to open in January, 2011. - 12.02.2010, 10:21 PM

That's what I've been told by John- the former owner of MoosRacing. I know nothing about the new owners. I will post on this thread- any new information I learn. Also- anyone that learns about the new company owners and business is welcome to add any and all details onto this thread. I imagine the new owners will have a new website. But I do not know for certain. I will contact John and ask if he can give me any more information on the subject. I should hear from John within two weeks. He's Extreemly busy making carbon fiber jewelry for the holidays. Johns new MoosDesign business is a huge success :) and John is spending more time with his family than ever before- which is 100% awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
So I have to sit tight and be patient that in January the 9e chassis and other parts "might" be availible ?

Thanks.
Jeff

Old
  (#82)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

12.02.2010, 10:37 PM

Thanks

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

You're Welcome.
Old
  (#83)
MindThoughts
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

You're Welcome. - 12.03.2010, 12:24 AM

You are very welcome :)

Old
  (#84)
superek4
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.24.2011, 09:36 AM

I race for moosDesign he makes Nexx8, x2 CRT, x2 n scrt10 chassis for me:)

Any question can post here n I will be glad to help:)

My Sponsors
Hobbywing
ManiaRc
Acorn racing
UpgradeRc
Blackbeard RC
Team Hong Nor
Team RC Monster
MoosRacing
BocaBearings
SweepRacing
Tresrey USA