RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > General Nitro

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#46)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.28.2013, 11:26 PM

Stainless seems to be everyone's choice :)

Pm responded to.

So here are the brake options.
I have TI disk in purple, green and natural TI
Then I have pads-calipers in the same colors.

[/quote]

I don't want there to be too much purple and was thinking maybe the green would look cool in a few places? I have a few more green parts I could throw on to help break up the purple and silver a little? Not sure what to do

Old
  (#47)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.06.2013, 12:06 AM

Decided that the brakes will most likely be a combination of purple and silver, but still not sure which will be which. Finally got all the parts in for the brakes, I think. Now I have to get on deanodizing and polishing. Also, I didn't like the little piece that presses against the brake pad, so I made some out of aluminum to go with the color scheme better. Will also be switching out the black screws that the pads ride on for TI screws.

Old
  (#48)
CerberusVI
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.06.2013, 02:57 PM

nice, get that unsightly brass bushing out of there! Aluminum ones look much better, even though you dont see it much normally. With all that purple on there it would stick out like a sore thumb!

Old
  (#49)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.13.2013, 09:32 PM

I have finally made some progress on this thing. It is really coming together now. Still haven't figured out the brakes and the options I have.

Old
  (#50)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.03.2013, 10:27 PM

Servos are in. Decided to keep them with the time that these parts and truck were "In" so I just went with old Hitecs, they seem to be what a lot of folks went with back when these were being built. Tried to hide the wires as much as possible. Just need to finish the brakes now

I think I have decided on what tires to go with

Old
  (#51)
_paralyzed_
working on a brushless for my wheelchair.....

10.04.2013, 09:21 AM

You'll never run this will you? Those superchargers are bad juju for nitro motors. A piston port motor allows the air to just pass through, so you can never build boost and the supercharger just causes the motor to be super lean as it blows unburnt fuel into the exhaust.

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#52)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.04.2013, 09:30 AM

No, It won't be run. I just couldn't pass up a new supercharger for $50. I had no intentions of adding it to this build, but it adds to the bling factor overall.

Old
  (#53)
_paralyzed_

10.04.2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerss View Post
No, It won't be run. I just couldn't pass up a new supercharger for $50. I had no intentions of adding it to this build, but it adds to the bling factor overall.
I agree, I just didn't want you to kill an engine!

It's "Dr. _paralyzed_" actually. Not like with a PhD, but Doctor like in Dr. Pepper.

Old
  (#54)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.05.2013, 11:36 AM

Thanks Paralyzed. Honestly with the mounting bracket that is used for the supercharger I'm not sure how the thing would even stay put if it were used, It's a ridiculous mount to say the least.

As you all know the brakes have been an issue for me. I can't decide on what color combo and then how to get it all together. I think I'm finally on the right track now though. I think that I have decided on a silver disk and silver pads. With the purple trans case, it just needs silver on it. More purple is over the top I think and I want it to be a nice balance. So I decided, then comes figuring out how to get it all together. The traxxas brake hex is set to be used with a set screw that has the shaft on it that goes all the way through the brake hex. This obviously won't work with a UE cup. I could have drilled out the Traxxas hex and then tapped it for the UE set screws, but I'm not to impressed with the quality of Traxxas' aluminum, plus theirs is blue so I would have to deanodize it. Next option was a CNR, but that is for a double disk brake setup and I'm wanting a single. I could still use it, but the CNR hex is bigger and it wouldn't look right with a single disk on it IMO. So what to do?? Make my own, of course. ;)

This shows the traxxas brake parts on the left and then what I'm using on the right and the CNR hex in the center

Comparison of the size of the Traxxas hex and CNR

Now my hex on the right

Installed on a UE 5mm cup

With a TI HCR disk

Now I just need to sand it down and polish it. Polish the green anodize off the HCR TI pads and then I'm ready to install the brakes :applause:

Old
  (#55)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.06.2013, 01:12 PM

Got the brakes finished up today. Finally decided on the silver disk and purple pads. All the silver right there together didn't go right. The TI purple pads don't match the trans, so they add that contrast with the silver, but don't go overboard with the purple.

Polished the brake hex nut a bit. I think all the silver parts fit the trans perfect.

Old
  (#56)
WheelMan
Do Epic Sh!t

10.07.2013, 02:23 PM

That brake setup is the perfect color combo man, I love it. Nice work.

-Travis

Adults are just kids, with money.
Common sense, is not so common.

Old
  (#57)
_paralyzed_

10.08.2013, 03:33 AM

You nailed it! All the back and forth was worth it, this combination pops!

Old
  (#58)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.08.2013, 07:05 PM

Thanks guys, it finally worked out I think.

The gas tank for this thing has been a big debate between me and myself, Haha. I just couldn't decide on what to do, so I finally bit the bullet and went for it.

So I bought a Tmaxx chassis, motor, and tank off Ebay. Planned to keep the tank and sell the rest. Got the tank and it had a bolt through the glass eye that should have been there and was sealed with RTV. So I got that out, and drilled the hole and reamed it. Made a plug and was going to have it welded in, then sand it down and polish like new. Well the bottom of the hole got so thin that the welder was afraid it would distort the tank when he welded on it and basically he was scared he would mess it up (not sure how you mess something up that is already messed up, but I didn't bother him any more) So plans changed. Here is a little teaser to the new plan.

First step was to make it Kool and get rid of that ugly hinge style lid.

More progress to come...

Old
  (#59)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.12.2013, 01:50 PM

Here is a little more of the tank project.

Old
  (#60)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.02.2014, 02:27 PM

Well I wasn't happy with the tank, so I found another one. Now all I need to for this truck to be RTR is fuel line of all things. Everything I have has a blue tint to it and that just won't cut it. I want crystal clear.