RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Lipos - Zippy-H vs Rhino vs Flightmax
Old
  (#1)
cdis

Lipos - Zippy-H vs Rhino vs Flightmax - 02.23.2009, 04:07 PM

Hi all,

Was just about to order some LiPos from Hobby City last night and saw that there are some new Flightmax batteries to confuse my choice even further.

Previously, I had asked the hobbycity tech support which were better quality, the Zippy-H's or the Rhinos and the gent I spoke to said get the H's if I could afford the extra cash.

Anyway, looking at the C ratings of the packs, I'm still leaning towards the H's, unless someone can tell me some good things about the Flightmax packs?

I was planning on grabbing 2 3s 3500 30-40C Zippy-H packs to test and see how they go compared to my 7s A123 packs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Old
  (#2)
wallot
RC-Monster Titanium

02.23.2009, 06:20 PM

From worst to Best

Rhino -> Flightmaxx -> Zippy-H -> Zippy-R -> abnything with enerland cells :)

flightmaxx and Zippy-H difference should not be that high

been using zippy-H for about a year in maxx, shark and nitro starter boxes and so far so good.
I do have couple small trakpower packs for 1:18 scale cars but the performance is the same as with zippy, however trakpowers are lot lighter.

Radek
V4 D8 - RX8, XERUN 4168SD
F1-09 - Tekin RS Pro, 17.5t Redline, 2S LiPo
Sakura Zero S - LRP, Saturn 20T, 2S LiPo
*EX-10 Eurus*
 Send a message via ICQ to wallot  
Old
  (#3)
shizzon
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.23.2009, 07:03 PM

I would say that there arent enough people who have used the flightmax's for a long enough time to really get an idea of how the pack will last compared to the other options. For the most part though with zippy the rating are accurate, so i would say that the flightmaxe's are a great choice.

That being said i have no personal experience with zippy packs, though i am leaning towards the flightmax 3s 5000mAH 30c for my 6s setup in my E-revo.

Toys:

Slash with VXL
E-revo with MMM/Teckno Nue 1515/1yf running 4s and 5s

Old
  (#4)
MrMin
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.24.2009, 03:28 PM

Hey... I've looked at dozens of threads with the SAME question! I've eventually just ordered 4 x 3s zippy-h 5000mah 20-30 yesterday because of their superb track record.
I already own 4 x 4s zippy-r 4150mah and they are great(no problems at all.). The zippy-hs are "apparently" mil-spec batts, dont get warm and almost everyone has has good experiences...reliability is very good stats show...many have 100 - 400 cycles already and still going ok.

So far I've read some good reports of flightmaxx and also some bad ones... so I'm also waiting till they prove themselves. One guy wrote about bad 30c 3s 5000mah flightmaxx cells..... Comparisons seem to indicate flightmaxx are more "punchy" (better voltage stability) if you get one that works, reliability over time.. dunno yet - wait and see.

Old
  (#5)
BL-revo

03.06.2009, 05:52 PM

is it better to buy the 30C 5K flight max's as opposed to the 20C 5K zippy h 's? since they are almost the same price...

Old
  (#6)
xpy
German Basher

03.06.2009, 07:15 PM

I do have zippy-h's and rhinos. I cant feel any difference in performance.

Old
  (#7)
MrMin
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.07.2009, 03:46 PM

mr bl-revo.

I have the zippy-h.. I did not want to wait.. I think the flightmaxx chemistry is better and certainly 30c is the way to go.

It you got time go for flightmaxx or buy zippy-h's... they seem nice.

Old
  (#8)
BL-revo

03.07.2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMin View Post
mr bl-revo.

I have the zippy-h.. I did not want to wait.. I think the flightmaxx chemistry is better and certainly 30c is the way to go.

It you got time go for flightmaxx or buy zippy-h's... they seem nice.
i am a patient man so i can wait
some idiotic ebayer didn't pay for yet another item so i don't have cash to spend on lipos at the moment

when i finally sell some stuff i will go for the 30C's though. how accurate are the sizes on hobbycities website though? because if they are any wider than 48mm they won't fit in my losi 8's rc product design tray

Old
  (#9)
hemiblas
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.07.2009, 04:18 PM

I can tell ya the 25C flightmax 3S 5000mah pack is 51 or 52mm wide so I dont think it will fit.

Old
  (#10)
RUSTY XL-5
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

03.07.2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL-revo View Post
i am a patient man so i can wait
some idiotic ebayer didn't pay for yet another item so i don't have cash to spend on lipos at the moment

when i finally sell some stuff i will go for the 30C's though. how accurate are the sizes on hobbycities website though? because if they are any wider than 48mm they won't fit in my losi 8's rc product design tray
I can tell you the exact size specs of the 30c 5000's. I happen to be lucky enough to own a pair.

length: 144mm
height: 25mm
width: 49

It appears that they are 1mm too wide...shoot, just take a dremel to the batt tray.

I will spank a nitro any day...guaranteed. :)