Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average. Display Modes
RC8Te motor mounting trouble?
Old
  (#1)
marl226
mambamarl

Question RC8Te motor mounting trouble? - 07.08.2009, 03:30 PM

I was finshing up my new RC8Te truggy build and when i was mounting the motor a Mamba Monster 2200kv that's where the trouble started. it seem's like the 2200kv is to big for the RC8Te's motor mount or something is wrong. There's a pad that is recommended to put under the motor area but the motor's heat fins are pushing agaist the pad and almost cuting it throw to the chassis. i afraid to remove the pad because the motor and chassis may get damaged hitting each other. My question is has anyone esle had this problem and is there anything i can or should do about this because it just don't seem right? i have another question if someone could help. My RC8Te kit came with zero offset wheels and i allready have a set Proline's 1/2 offset wheel's with tires. would that be to much of a offset when the RC8Te's hubs are extended allready? i am new to the 1/8 scale truggy world.

Thank's

Team Associated RC8Te
Brushless Mamba Monster 2200kv motor
MMM esc
4s 5000mah lipo

Old
  (#2)
Snipin_Willy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.08.2009, 07:35 PM

The 1/2 offsets will put more stain on your turn buckles but not sure if it would cause any damage. The rod ends and bearings may wear out faster. If the pad doesn't fit I wouldn't use it. with the motor mounted it shouldn't flex far enough to touch the chassis.

Old
  (#3)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

07.08.2009, 08:34 PM

You could use the buggy wheel hex hubs with offset wheels to stay at the same overall width as the truggy offset hubs with zero offset wheels. :)

Old
  (#4)
marl226
mambamarl

07.09.2009, 06:46 PM

Thank's for the replies :)

Vote for the RC8Te!!! It's a all around good Truggy

Old
  (#5)
kalex0353

07.17.2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marl226 View Post
I was finshing up my new RC8Te truggy build and when i was mounting the motor a Mamba Monster 2200kv that's where the trouble started. it seem's like the 2200kv is to big for the RC8Te's motor mount or something is wrong. There's a pad that is recommended to put under the motor area but the motor's heat fins are pushing agaist the pad and almost cuting it throw to the chassis. i afraid to remove the pad because the motor and chassis may get damaged hitting each other. My question is has anyone esle had this problem and is there anything i can or should do about this because it just don't seem right? i have another question if someone could help. My RC8Te kit came with zero offset wheels and i allready have a set Proline's 1/2 offset wheel's with tires. would that be to much of a offset when the RC8Te's hubs are extended allready? i am new to the 1/8 scale truggy world.

Thank's

Team Associated RC8Te
Brushless Mamba Monster 2200kv motor
MMM esc
4s 5000mah lipo
I had the same problem. I put 4 thin (about 0.040) brass washers (on the 4 screws) between the center diff and diff riser.

Old
  (#6)
kalex0353

07.20.2009, 07:33 PM

I got a reply back today from AE.

"you just need to add the RC8 center diff riser #89502. This will raise it up enough so the motor does not hit the chassis. "

Old
  (#7)
marl226
mambamarl

07.24.2009, 01:55 AM

ok, thanks

you would think center diff riser would come with the kit being how much used the MM 2200kv is in truggies and buggies and i came across 6 or more RC8 owners that had this issue? i still never got a reply back from AE about the motor mount issue and the center cva's they gave me with the kit were to big along with a few other issues i had.

does anyone know if RC-Monster has a losi 8ight-t 2.0 chassis or a RC-Monster conversion kit that comes with a chassis, motor mount, battery tray, and straps? i just picked up a 8ight-t and want to convert it to a 2.0 brushless. i seen teknos kit but i thought RC-Monster had a 2.0 chassis kit. if any one has did something like this a 8ight-t to a 8ight-t 2.0 brushless please weigh in on all tips on this conversion. i appreciate all the help i been getting from Monster Mike and Members!

thanks

Tags
buggy, hpi, losi, traxxas, truggy