ID:	8549  

Old
  (#47)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

02.17.2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCUEVAS View Post
Ok every one, here is what is happening. The guys at aero model did some extensive testing on my setups that i sent them. They put them in the same vehicles with the same gearing. They have determined that the Quarks are not enough for these motors. Since i had purchased them from them, they were nice enough to instantly refund my money for the esc's. Those guys are no joke over there. Extreamly nice and helpful just like mike at rc-monster. top notch! So I have a mmpro 5700 purchased for my rusty. As for my pede, i ordered a mamba monster speed control along with the 18th chassis. i have the extended one now but i want it bigger! Gonna sell the extended one for now. Also putting my 5l motor in it. Ill hold on to my 6t for another project. Maybe put it in my 4-tec. Thankyou all for your help. Posting some pics for all you guys. Enjoy!
Not surprising really. As I said previously in this thread, the Quark 80B is roughly equivalent to a Castle Sidewinder, which works well in lighter setups geared reasonably. I would use nothing less than a Quark 125B (which is roughly equiv to a MM) in most setups.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#48)
asheck

02.18.2010, 08:51 AM

Boy, I must have the Quark 80 from hell. I added a couple caps, heatsink , bec, and ran it in my E-revo for months, with a Medusa 36-60-2000. Without a fan it would overheat after about 20 minutes. With a fan it would run all day. That was running 45mph on 4s. Now it's in my Slash with a HV4.5 running 3s, and does real good.

Of course, without the heatsink mod, and caps, I would imagine it being much less capable.

Old
  (#49)
JCUEVAS
RC-Monster Stock

02.23.2010, 10:27 PM

So I got the mamba max pro 5700 geared at 86/18. This thing is ghost! Super smooth and easy to drive. My motor temps are 145-150 with the lipo at 102. The esc stays cool. I love this set up. My pede is getting the 5l with a mmm speed control. I should have it soon.