RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Something I wanted to run by everyone...
Old
  (#1)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

Question Something I wanted to run by everyone... - 07.22.2012, 06:59 PM

...it may sound like a weird request, but there is a method to my madness!

I am looking for raw materials to process, melt-down, create billets & forgings out of, and I am hoping you guys can help! I am building a nice little forge for melting down all sorts of materials to make raw billets out of them for machining/molding in the future; Basically I am looking for standard a-arm Plastic, RPM a-arm Nylon, regular Nylon, Delrin, Aluminum (all grades), Titanium (all grades), Stainless-Steel, and whatever else you may have! I am also looking for old, worn out, brushed 540-550 motors.
..hell, let me know about anything else you have that you were just going to throw away, I may have a use for it!

If you have any broken parts and/or pieces of any of the above materials (or unbroken that you no longer use or need), and wouldn't mind letting go of them, please PM me for my address...I would love for you to send them to me for reprocessing! Whenever I get my Mill, I can make new parts out of old parts, and can pay everyone back if they need something (new/custom parts) in the future!

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#2)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

07.22.2012, 11:34 PM

I think I have a bunch of old broken parts (don't ask me why I save them, I ask myself all the time....)
Next time I see them I'll remember this thread and try to get back to you!

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#3)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

07.22.2012, 11:57 PM

I feel ya, man...I keep a lot of my broken parts as well. They can come in handy at times! Anyway, thanks for checking out this thread and possibly donating your broken parts!

Also, for everyone, if you have parts that aren't broken that you just can't sell for much, if anything, I will take those as well...and turn them into very nice parts, or at least use them as templates!

-Chad
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant

Last edited by Chadworkz; 07.23.2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old
  (#4)
chrismechanic

07.23.2012, 06:14 AM

it is a shame you live so far away...i have lots of stuff i could pass over to you.
the postage would be the same as buying it new .
when you get a mill and you want some tips on how to mount...cut etc...pm me and ill help you out.
if you are going to machine stainless steel you will need tungsten cutters, hss wont last very long...and wont last at all if you dont use coolant. a coolant system is a must....
good luck.
chris

Old
  (#5)
zeropointbug
Z-Pinch racer

07.23.2012, 08:24 AM

I have a few parts sitting around too. Living in Canada, would you want them?

“The modern astrophysical concept that ascribes the sun’s energy to thermonuclear reactions deep in the solar interior is contradicted by nearly every observable aspect of the sun.” —Ralph E. Juergens

Old
  (#6)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

07.23.2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismechanic View Post
it is a shame you live so far away...i have lots of stuff i could pass over to you.
the postage would be the same as buying it new .
when you get a mill and you want some tips on how to mount...cut etc...pm me and ill help you out.
if you are going to machine stainless steel you will need tungsten cutters, hss wont last very long...and wont last at all if you dont use coolant. a coolant system is a must....
good luck.
chris
Cool, thank you so much...I will definetly need help learning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropointbug View Post
I have a few parts sitting around too. Living in Canada, would you want them?
Sure, incoming PM...

-Chad

Tags
delrin, nylon, rpm, stainless steel, titanium