Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

RCM Heatsink/Motorclamp
Old
  (#1)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

RCM Heatsink/Motorclamp - 09.13.2005, 05:04 PM

What is it?
This is the Heatsink/Motorclamp from RC-Monster.com. It's machined from a single piece of aluminium and has a raw finish. It fits all motors with a diameter of 36mm, but has been designed with the Feigao Nemesis motors in mind. It's available in different sizes (lenghts) to match the L and S motors, and an XL version will be available in the near future. The clamp comes with all the needed hardware for installation.

What does it?
The main purpose of this product is to secure the endbell on glued brushless motors, such as the Feigao Nemesis, or BK Wanderer. A loose or popped endbell could be fatal for your motor. And this clamp does a perfect job in preventing this. I don't see how the endbell could pop if you have it installed.
Another function of this clamp is to work as a heatsink. It does a good job at carrying off heat and significantly lowers the motor temps. It's a good thing to have, even on motors with screwed-on endbells.
An additional benefit it the posssibility to mount a fan directly on the heatsink, because 2mm screws fit just nicely between the fins. Giving you a convenient fan mount.

What do I really think?
The RC-Monster Motorclamp does what it should, and has a reasonable price. It has a smart design, to fit many application. Its raw aluminim finish gives a shiny look, and the RC-Moster logo is a nice touch.
It has some sharp edges, and if you look closely at it, you see the traces from the mill bit. But this is a minor point, and if you like you can cure this with some scotch-brite or fine sand-paper.

Here's a pic of the clamp mounted on my Revo. Note, this is a S sink mounted on an L motor (only size available at the time when I ordered) and the black finish is self made. There will be a blue anodized version available soon.

And here's a pic of the clamp installed on my TwinForce. Even in this tight spot, the clamp fits perfectly:

Of course, you can get this nice gadget from www.rc-monster.com THE place for Brushless!
Check the Motorclamp here.

Thank you for reading
-DAF

Old
  (#2)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

09.13.2005, 08:02 PM

It seems like a commerical. A good I might add. You should post this in another forum. May get better business daf. Just a suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#3)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

09.14.2005, 07:38 AM

No commercial at all, just a review. Totally unbiased :)

Yep, I'll post this on every forum that allows me, and I also have a german version for euro forums.

Expect some more reviews from me.

Old
  (#4)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

09.14.2005, 08:47 AM

I don't blame you though. It is a real nice product. I wish Mike had the xl version in blue. I would like to get me one. You the man.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#5)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

Thumbs up 09.14.2005, 09:48 AM

Mike told me this review keeps him motivated to do the XL version and some blue batches. Gotta keep this lad on his toes, right?!

Old
  (#6)
Papa
RC-Monster Aluminum

09.14.2005, 10:28 AM

I'd love to get my hands on the XL version. Hey guys, could one of you do a tutorial on mounting and wiring cooling fans to both motor mount and controler?

Old
  (#7)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

09.14.2005, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Papa
I'd love to get my hands on the XL version. Hey guys, could one of you do a tutorial on mounting and wiring cooling fans to both motor mount and controler?
This has to be included in the FAQ section, Mike.

Good point Papa.