RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > Product Reviews

Mamba Max & 5700
Old
  (#1)
Dunkin

Mamba Max & 5700 - 10.26.2006, 10:57 PM

I have a Traxxas Rustler... rebuilt in FLM aluminum... stock engine could no longer push it around fast enough to make it fun... even with the GP3300's... so I ordered a Mamba Max and 5700... (Thanks Squeeforever & Everyone else for the suggestion!)

Three letters sum it up for me...

O M G.

Unbelievable... Just got mine out of the box today, luckily my rear bearing carriers and aluminum idle gear came also... rebuilt the transmission with the new gear... added bearings and went about tackling the Mambo install...

couple mins of soldering, and I had Deans Ultra plugs on two GP3300 batteries, and my Mamba Max ESC. That was about the hardest part of the whole assembly!

I mounted the ESC, plugged in the engine, did the calibration stuff from the manual... and gave it power...

Word of advice... 6 to 8 drops of glue around the rim of a tire... are not enough. I slowly squeezed the trigger... around 30% throttle... the wheels were spinnin as fast as my stock titan 12T would turn... 40%... 50%... my jaw dropped... 60%... 70% throttle... wheels no longer are 2.2 inches wide... they've acheived a spherical globe shape... engine hummin like it's not seein any stress.... 80%.... EEEK! Tire looks like a 10 speed tire... the skinny kind... then suddenly... I had to stop... Was starting to see the inner rim!

so I fasten in my battery.... reglue my rear tires.... and rush outside controller in hand... set the truck down and whoosh... off like a bullet. It was at the top of my yard and runnin down the street like a blur. Wasn't able to see how long of a runtime I would get from the GP3300's as it gets dark quick here.... but hopefully my charger and 3 cell lipo get here tomorrow.... so I can see what it truely can do...

but the 5700 CMS engine... and that Mamba Max ESC.... makes my 7.8 lb rustler FLY!

Highly recommended... Five Stars!

Old
  (#2)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

10.27.2006, 12:31 AM

The Mamba Max sure is a nice system! Glad to see another satisfied 5700 user (I've got one in a 4wd 1/10 buggy).

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#3)
cart213
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.27.2006, 12:55 AM

Wow! Your rusty sure is heavy!

Old
  (#4)
Dunkin

10.27.2006, 01:03 AM

these are before I added the brushless motor/ESC tonight... was too anxious to get out and play before it got dark... so I didn't get pics or video...

will tomorrow tho!

Old
  (#5)
t-maxxracer32
RC-Monster Brushless

11.28.2006, 10:07 AM

thts awsome! i was int he same situation you are in. my stock motor jst isnt doing it and i wanna get bl but now that you give this review i might just end up getting the mamba! i wanna see a vid!! also how much did you pay for the chassis?

pm me