Gearing help for a mt4 g3 truck ?
Old
  (#1)
speedy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Gearing help for a mt4 g3 truck ? - 05.27.2013, 03:23 PM

Hi !

I need some help on how to gear my mt4 g3 mt properly
now i run a 14/50t setup on 4s but the damn front Wheels won't stay on the ground so i have no steering controll and the topspeed is low
The motor i an 4-pole 2000kv 40x75mm inrunner.
After maby 25-30min of runtime in grass and dirt he motor is warmer than the esc and lipopack (5000mah 50c 4s) isen't there a rule that if the motor is hotter than the esc then its undergeared ?

I can hear that the motor reatches max rpm almonst a soon as i tutch the throttle and then the front's in the air.

chould i gear up to 16/50 or change diffoil ? i haven't changed any oil in the diffs so there is the stoch oil in them !

i was thinking of this setup R 100 000k C 300 000 F 500 000k ?

Last edited by speedy; 05.27.2013 at 03:27 PM.

Old
  (#2)
samintrepid
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.27.2013, 09:05 PM

The manuel recommand 5K front, 8K center, 3K rear

Old
  (#3)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.27.2013, 09:24 PM

If you don't want to do wheelies, use a lighter weight fluid in the center diff. You can also turn down the "start up power" or "acceleration" or w/e your ESC calls it. (Castle calls it punch control).
As for the temperature, it's impossible for us to tell without a numerical value. "Warmer than ESC" tells us nothing really.
The rule of thumb you're talking about with the temps is:
hot motor, cool ESC = over geared
hot ESC, cool motor = undergeared
warm both = just right
(hope I got that right anyway)
Though that is a rule of thumb, does not apply for every case in every scenario.

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#4)
speedy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.28.2013, 03:01 AM

The motor gets the highest temps after a pack of hard bashing with several hard accelerations and breaking and in tall grass mixed with dirt, But i can still hold my hand om the motor forevere without burning my fingers on it so it can't be more than +40celcius. So i Think i'll change diffoils to thick ones . The diffs unloads to easely now.

Old
  (#5)
Robl45
RC-Monster Stock

05.28.2013, 12:30 PM

The throttle control is not an on/off switch, you might want to try practicing throttle control. Don't wanna be mean, but what your saying doesn't make sense. it wheelies because you are jamming the throttle. Plenty of trucks don't have center diffs and people can drive them just fine.

As for the diff weights, if you make the center diff heavier, then you will have more wheelies, make it ligher and less wheelies.

Old
  (#6)
speedy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.29.2013, 05:45 PM

but it's no fun when i have to be so carfull when i give throttle that it takes 100meter's Before the truck hits 1/2 throttle to avoid the wheelies :(

the front Wheels leaves the ground at 1/5 throttle if i try to accellerate like a truggy

Old
  (#7)
Robl45
RC-Monster Stock

05.29.2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
but it's no fun when i have to be so carfull when i give throttle that it takes 100meter's Before the truck hits 1/2 throttle to avoid the wheelies :(

the front Wheels leaves the ground at 1/5 throttle if i try to accellerate like a truggy
Thats the way it is, if you hit the throttle hard, its going to wheelie especially with brushless. You have to ease into the throttle. But honestly with stock oil in the diffs, you shouldn't be doing wheelies so easily. I assume you are using the stock electronics?

Old
  (#8)
speedy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.30.2013, 12:45 PM

Yes i have stock Electronics in my truck and i run it on 4s lipo.
i have tried 6s but that was totaly undriveable :(. I could never go over 1/5 throttle befor the truck flipped over.

Today i put on a 16t pinion and now the truck is driviable :O) it won't wheelie so easy no and finaly got some topspeed .

Old
  (#9)
Robl45
RC-Monster Stock

05.30.2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes i have stock Electronics in my truck and i run it on 4s lipo.
i have tried 6s but that was totaly undriveable :(. I could never go over 1/5 throttle befor the truck flipped over.

Today i put on a 16t pinion and now the truck is driviable :O) it won't wheelie so easy no and finaly got some topspeed .
I dont' think that makes sense as other people over on the wundertiger forum don't seem to need a pinion that high on 4s.