RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > General Electric

pics of my maxx in work
Old
  (#1)
nitro_freak1
RC-Monster Stock

pics of my maxx in work - 08.23.2005, 10:58 AM

well guys here is my emaxx its a work in progress has the following.

RPM ARMS
RPM KNUCKLES
RPM BUMPERS/MOUNTS
RPM TOWERS
LUNSFORD TURNBUCKLES & HINGE PINS
RPM SKIDS
INTEGY MRS4 SHOCKS
40 SERIES BOWTIES ON DISH
DUAL STEERING SERVO MOD
MIP CVDS FRONT REAR, no centers yet :(

tell me what u think

LST #1
LST #2
EMAXX
YOKOMO

Last edited by nitro_freak1; 08.23.2005 at 10:59 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to nitro_freak1 Send a message via AIM to nitro_freak1  
Old
  (#2)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

08.23.2005, 03:32 PM

Nice. Those PL chrome rims lock better than I always thought.

What servos are you running there? I would suggest one strong servo rather than two. (you can get very good servos for 30-ish bucks) If you're after good steering, you could also get a good, stiff saver.

Old
  (#3)
nitro_freak1
RC-Monster Stock

08.23.2005, 10:46 PM

as of right now im running 2 standard traxxas POS's..... im waiting for the funds for a new Hitec HSC-5955. there is ALOT of stuff i want to get for this baby.. just need to build up hte funds ;)

LST #1
LST #2
EMAXX
YOKOMO
Old
  (#4)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

08.24.2005, 12:00 AM

Looks like a nice project you have working there! LMK if I can assist you in the build in any way.

Old
  (#5)
nitro_freak1
RC-Monster Stock

08.24.2005, 02:03 PM

awsome.. u guys are awsome... this has been a very warm welcome i have received.... any enough with the mooshy stuff... i have been looking for BRUSHLESS setups and this is what i have in mind.... i dont want to spend a billion $ on a setup so this was at a decent price... http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...warrior&cat=21 and http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...o5407xl&cat=36 i want a torqe motor BUT with a nice amount of top end.... and like i said i dont want to go all out with a 700$ setup... the limit is basicly 300$... lmk if i am makeing hte right choice with the setup.

LST #1
LST #2
EMAXX
YOKOMO
Old
  (#6)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

08.24.2005, 03:51 PM

7XL and Warrior 9918? That's a very nice combo, IMO. It's also my choice at the moment. Speed and power to spare, believe me, you won't be dissapointed.
Nice decision, as powerfull and reliable as many $500+ combo, even more reliable, in some cases. cough cough schulze cough.

Old
  (#7)
nitro_freak1
RC-Monster Stock

08.24.2005, 04:17 PM

AWSOME... i have been alot of research on BL's and prices.. and that seems like the BEST bang for hte buck.. i was looking at the NOVAK one but man it doesnt seem like alot of power and i hear it runs very very hot.... sweeet... i havent seen these in action face to face but in the vids they seem awsome.

LST #1
LST #2
EMAXX
YOKOMO
Old
  (#8)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

08.24.2005, 08:21 PM

The 7xl does better than the novak. I had novak before i switched. I even ran two novaks. The 7xl would kick both there butts. It is a good bang for the buck. IMO

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

Old
  (#9)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

08.25.2005, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by coolhandcountry
The 7xl does better than the novak.
From what I've heard about the Novak HV, the 7XL must completly stomp the HV into the ground. No comparison.

The 7XL can be run on up to 18 cells. I only run mine on 14 or 16, it still runs cool on 16 (proper gearing assumed) and it is almost too fast for me on 16, can only imagine 18.

Another thing about the Feigao/Warrioir combo: You can always switch to another motor later on, and keep the ESC. It handles up to 20 cells, and is a fairly reliable thingy.

DAF

Old
  (#10)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

08.25.2005, 01:16 AM

Yeah!

you can't go wrong with that setup!

Old
  (#11)
nitro_freak1
RC-Monster Stock

08.25.2005, 01:16 AM

awsome .. now i just need to get the money for it lol i also just noticed i need a new tranny..... im thinking of tryin out a T MAXX tranny for the auto 2 spd.... i tore the tranny apart cuz it sounded rough.. and 4 of the gears were missing teeth.. so now i figured would be a good time for a new tranny and to see if the tmaxx tranny would bolt up.

LST #1
LST #2
EMAXX
YOKOMO
Old
  (#12)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

08.25.2005, 01:26 AM

I guess the idler gears were missing some teeth, right? Just get some steel idlers from Mike and you have a bullet proof tranny. Might be easier for you then going to the T tranny.

Old
  (#13)
bcampbe7

08.25.2005, 08:15 AM

Great looking E-Maxx nitro!

I too am wanting the 9920/7XL combo. You mentioned seeing videos of this set-up. Do you have the links for those? I would love to see them.

Old
  (#14)
nitro_freak1
RC-Monster Stock

08.25.2005, 03:34 PM

yea i beleive that is what gears are screwed..... bcampbe7 i will look for them vids again.... i found them on rcpics searching BL e maxx... but ill see if i can find them again.

LST #1
LST #2
EMAXX
YOKOMO