Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Brushless

Quick Question..
Old
  (#1)
thekaboom
RC-Monster Stock

Quick Question.. - 11.16.2005, 07:31 PM

hey, first poster here.
i just have a quick questing regarding the choice of battery. For a beginner to the electric scene what would be the better choice opf battery, minh or li-po
these batteries would be used in an brushless system :M:
thnx

Old
  (#2)
Papa
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.16.2005, 07:38 PM

Quick answer-NiMh

Old
  (#3)
nbcaznmaster
RC-Monster Cult Member

11.16.2005, 07:43 PM

nimh! 7min reply! is that quick enough? welcome ot forums!

~~~~~~~~RC Garage~~~~~~~~
LSP-R - Picco .26
Custom E-Revo - Warrior 9920/Feigao 9L
Nitro Revo - .18tm
  Send a message via AIM to nbcaznmaster  
Old
  (#4)
Papa
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.16.2005, 07:49 PM

However, if you have nothing IE....charger, packs etc.... you might be better off financialy going lipo right away. Yes there is a learning curve. However the leaning apllies to Nimh as well. If you are in this for a while eventually you will want to go lipo. For a first lipo system theFMA Scorpion Lipo system is a relatively painless integrated system. The initial outlay of cash will be about the same. Charger about $85plus one pack 1p2s at about $135. Three quality matched side by side packs will set you back about the same.

Last edited by Papa; 11.16.2005 at 07:57 PM.

Old
  (#5)
thekaboom
RC-Monster Stock

11.16.2005, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Papa
However, if you have nothing IE....charger, packs etc.... you might be better off financialy going lipo right away. Yes there is a learning curve. However the leaning apllies to Nimh as well. If you are in this for a while eventually you will want to go lipo. For a first lipo system theFMA Scorpion Lipo system is a relatively painless integrated system. The initial outlay of cash will be about the same. Charger about $85plus one pack 1p2s at about $135. Three quality matched side by side packs will set you back about the same.
Wow you guys are quick..i was thinking of going lipo but would their be a difference in the kind of blushless system i would need or could i use the lipo in beginner system?
for lipos and a charger if you don't mind could you give me a link please?
thanks for the help..:)

Old
  (#6)
Papa
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.16.2005, 08:12 PM

Check my edit. I put in the link.

Welcome to the forums.:cool: You have found the place for all your RC needs. If there is something that you want that you do not see in the RC-MONSTER store do not heitate to ask Mike. He runs this place. There is alot of good info here. Do not be afraid to ask any question. Take some time and search through some of the threads alot of answers out there.

What is a beginner system? Do you have something in mind?
What vehicle? What are your intentions? RAce, BAsh...? The more info you give these guys the better input you will receive. NO such thing as a stupi question NBCAZN.....will vouch for that.:L:

Old
  (#7)
thekaboom
RC-Monster Stock

11.16.2005, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Check my edit. I put in the link.

Welcome to the forums.:cool: You have found the place for all your RC needs. If there is something that you want that you do not see in the RC-MONSTER store do not heitate to ask Mike. He runs this place. There is alot of good info here. Do not be afraid to ask any question. Take some time and search through some of the threads alot of answers out there.

What is a beginner system? Do you have something in mind?
What vehicle? What are your intentions? RAce, BAsh...? The more info you give these guys the better input you will receive. NO such thing as a stupi question NBCAZN.....will vouch for that.:L:
i was thinking of something like a stampede with a novak, i will mostly be bashing and i will do this over a longer period of time...i haven't actually got the charger/truck i'm just brainstorming.

Old
  (#8)
Papa
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.16.2005, 08:26 PM

I personally no very little of the Stampede, so I'll defer to others.... in that area. The NOVAK is a plug and play system. Not to much technical stuff in getting that up and running. You should be aware that there are other sytems that may be more suitable for your application. Have no fear in using LIPO with the NOVAK.

Last edited by Papa; 11.16.2005 at 08:37 PM.

Old
  (#9)
nbcaznmaster
RC-Monster Cult Member

11.16.2005, 08:46 PM

I think lipo is a waste on novak. there isnt much of a neccessity with it. With high power systems, you NEED it becasue you will get little to no run time.

LSP-R - Picco .26
Nitro Revo - .18tm
Old
  (#10)
thekaboom
RC-Monster Stock

11.16.2005, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I personally no very little of the Stampede, so I'll defer to others.... in that area. The NOVAK is a plug and play system. Not to much technical stuff in getting that up and running. You should be aware that there are other sytems that may be more suitable for your application. Have no fear in using LIPO with the NOVAK.
systems such as?

Old
  (#11)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

11.16.2005, 08:51 PM

Feigao motors and a controller. This is a cheap, but powerful alternative to the Novak systems. There is also the GTB system (from Novak), which is an awesome system from what I have heard. The 5.5 motor can keep up with the Feigao 380C 6t (similar to Hacker C40 6t) on the same batteries. This motor would be too much, though. The 6.5 or 8.5 would be much better suited to a Stampede.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#12)
Papa
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.16.2005, 08:53 PM

I searched Stampede. Check out this thread.

@ NBC the best thing you can do for any system is feed it with good cells.

Old
  (#13)
thekaboom
RC-Monster Stock

11.16.2005, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MetalMan
Feigao motors and a controller. This is a cheap, but powerful alternative to the Novak systems. There is also the GTB system (from Novak), which is an awesome system from what I have heard. The 5.5 motor can keep up with the Feigao 380C 6t (similar to Hacker C40 6t) on the same batteries. This motor would be too much, though. The 6.5 or 8.5 would be much better suited to a Stampede.
the 5.5 was the one that i was going to get, since you recommended i'll have one more reason to get it..but does the 6.5 and 5.5 have that much of a difference?

thanks for the help

Old
  (#14)
MetalMan
RC-Monster Mod

11.16.2005, 09:08 PM

The 6.5 would be slower, and would be better suited for a Stampede, which uses larger tires. The 6.5 will still be very fast, and on 6 cells would push a 'Pede to 38mph or so.

SH Z-Car, Custom Crawler, 8s Savage, 12s XTM XLB 1/7 buggy, 4wd 4-link rear/IFS Pro4 truck, Custom Hyper 10 Short Course, Belt-Drive Mammoth ST 1/8 truggy, 4s 17.5 MM Pro HPI Blitz

Old
  (#15)
nbcaznmaster
RC-Monster Cult Member

11.16.2005, 09:10 PM

depending upon your gearing of course!

LSP-R - Picco .26
Nitro Revo - .18tm