Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > GorillaMaxx

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Gorillamaxx G2 Carbon Fiber
Old
  (#1)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Gorillamaxx G2 Carbon Fiber - 02.21.2012, 12:57 AM

Figured I should post a few pics of my G2. It is still a work in progress. Still needs a front Gmaxx skid and few other small parts. It includes:
G2 Carbon Chassis
Gmaxx arms and towers
Gmaxx motor mount
Gmaxx rear skid
GA 6061 bulks and braces
Proline Powerstrokes
UE spyder 6's
UE shafts all around
Custom?? steel gears throughout the 2 speed trans (no one can tell me who made them)
Aluminum wheels
2 Proline Mulchers
Proline servo saver

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#2)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

02.21.2012, 12:40 PM

Looking pretty awesome- do you have any pictures of the steel gears?

Chances are they'd either be the real/official UltraMaxxed Ti gears set (maybe with the brass or bronze idler gear ), but if they are actually steel ( easy to test with a magnet ) then they are a copy which appeared on ebay some years back and promptly vanished again soon after. Anything is preferable to the plastic gears though

I had the GorillaMaxx motor mount too at one point, but I found it flexed too much even with the motor mounted low / to one side- really needed to be more like 5mm thick instead of 3mm...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#3)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.21.2012, 07:08 PM

Thanks for the info suicideneil. I will post pics of the gears in a few minutes. I've seen ultramaxxed gears but these look different than all of those that I have seen. I took the pics when I first got the trans and had no idea what I was doing. It was actually the first emaxx trans I had ever owned. If need be I can open it back up for better pics and a little more expect ion on my end.

Your right about the motor mount. If you look closely you can tell that one is tweaked also. I have 2 more now that I could install, but that one looks best appearance wise. I'm planning on cutting a few gmaxx stand alone mounts myself that will be thicker. Actually hoping to get them drawn up this weekend, and maybe cutting within the next few weeks. I have a few parts I'm currently drawing up.

Old
  (#4)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.21.2012, 07:37 PM

Here are pics. The idleer gears are dark, which leads me to believe they are ue. All the ultramaxxed I have seen are a light gold color. The other gears all have a light gold look to them. I've never seen any This color. Also notice in the second picture how the two slotted half moon sections don't go all the way through the gear. All the ultramaxxed I have seen go all the way through. Onto the pics

IMG][/IMG]

Gear that the two slotted half moons don't go all the way through
[IMG][/IMG]

UE I believe
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old
  (#5)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

02.21.2012, 08:05 PM

Sexy looking for sure.

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#6)
suicideneil

02.22.2012, 09:54 AM

Hmm. The idlers do look like UE items for sure, but the other gears do appear to be the clones ( the finish n them is a little rough, compared to the finish you see if you do a google image search for 'ultraxxed gears' ). Like I said though, anything is better than the stock plastic gears so I imagine those ones will hold up perfectly well to BL power

Are the little input gears on the top shaft held in place with the stock roll pins, or have they been modded ( the roll pin snaps very easily under BL power, so guys swap them for short lengths of drill bit or allen key which is hammered & glued in place )?

Sexy beast indeed...
Old
  (#7)
ANGRY-ALIEN
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.22.2012, 10:42 AM

Beautiful G2 build... nice to see one with all Gorilla suspension pieces ... what make axel carriers are those?

Alien

Old
  (#8)
K1RC
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.22.2012, 02:40 PM

SICK Get it running!?

Old
  (#9)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.22.2012, 07:31 PM

Thanks guys for the comments. It was a long time ago that I had the trans open and I don't remember much about it, didn't really even know what I was looking at at the time.

The carriers are just the stock traxxas ones, but I do hope to upgrade one day.

The arms and towers are brand new, so this truck is just going to be a shelf queen. I do have 2 more gmaxx chassis' though. One will be another queen, and the other will be a runner. I just have 2 hcr trucks and a predator in front of the next gmaxx builds.

Old
  (#10)
suicideneil

02.23.2012, 08:36 AM

Shelf queens? Negatory!

I don't like 'bashing' my Gmaxx either as it's impossible to replace most of the parts like for like, so I keep all four wheels on the ground and just enjoy driving it up & down at the local park- hard to damage anything with a 6" wheelie bar preventing wheelies too.

Shelf queens make baby jesus cry...
Old
  (#11)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.23.2012, 10:43 PM

Haha. Not sure if you saw my ultimate basher build suicide, but I haven't even driven it once since completing it. I honestly would much rather be building something than driving it. When I get the need to drive one I usually just take out the slash.

This one will never be driven. There's no fluid in the diffs and the trans is dry as well. The arms, towers, and rear skid are brand new and I just can't risk scratching them. I do still have 2 more gmaxx chasiss' though. One will be another queen, but one will be a "runner".

Is anyone on here interested in a hardcore emaxx build? I'm going to be doing 2, but there's not a hcr section so just wondering if anyone is interested. If so I will put the whole build on here.

Last edited by Blazerss; 02.23.2012 at 10:46 PM.

Old
  (#12)
Klausen
Brushless G-maxx

02.24.2012, 01:26 AM

Cool E-maxx, love those Gmaxx arms.

Anyway let's see your HCR builds, allways interesting to follow, and maybe someone can't resist buying it ;o)

Old
  (#13)
aqwut
Brushless Heavy Weight....

02.24.2012, 09:11 PM

Me want to see weeedios.

The Power of BRUSHLESS!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/aqwut
1HP (electric) = 746 Watts.
Everything is brushless!!

Old
  (#14)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

02.24.2012, 09:54 PM

What? do you a HCR Mutant? Nice Gmaxx for sure! I really want a set of mulchers, but I know ill never find them. I am typing on my phone. Sorry.

Old
  (#15)
Blazerss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.24.2012, 11:17 PM

I don't have a mutant maxx, but I do have 2 hcr emaxx "tub" chassis' and one short version titanium "see through" tmaxx chassis. Tmaxx will be a purple colored truck, one emaxx will be green, one emaxx will be both. Seems there is interest so I will do build threads. Just not sure what section to put them in???