RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > T/E Maxx Parts

FLM 1717 build
Old
  (#1)
maxxmills
RC-Monster Stock

FLM 1717 build - 03.04.2015, 08:46 PM

I started this project about two months ago and have slowly been piecing it together at the Lightning speed of the USPS, pun intended. I will update & fill in the blanks later but right now I am at an impass and want/need some advice from you guys. The black chassis is just one I assembled with extra parts I had laying around, the 1717 mounted fine but my gearing options were zero, I was stuck at 30/65 so I came up with a different approach and turned the transmission around like a Revo so the adjustment wasn't restricted by the transmission case but now I don't have that notch in the chassis for the spur gear to clear. Anyone know how much I can raise the transmission up without causing driveshaft issues? Don't really want to notch my chassis just yet. Any advice?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	10797  

Old
  (#2)
Serum
RC-Monster Admin

04.01.2015, 07:50 AM

Just be careful, try some spacers from cardboard to get to the desired height. But 30/65?! With that beast you might want to introduce a MOD1 spur/pinion. Gives you better gearing options. perhaps you don't need to lift the transmission that way?

Those RPM arms and CVD's might get you into trouble; just make sure not to tighten the pillowballs too close, since it might cause binding, ruining either the diffs or the CVD's.

Nice project! Sorry that your questions weren't answered sooner..