RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > T/E Maxx Parts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

05.06.2010, 07:34 PM

Now thats some nice custom pieces, never seen black UE parts like that before. You'll like the lifepo4 packs too, a pair of 3s will be roughly equal to 5s lipo, and thats what I run in the Gmaxx- plenty of power and good runtime.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#17)
beaufort12

05.17.2010, 02:06 PM

Hi Pol,

nice to see you also in this forum

I miss some pics from your latest event

Take care!

Old
  (#18)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

05.19.2010, 11:07 AM

You're right Udo, I forgot to post this :

I run my 6s maxx three times since I updated it. Result : a mix of bad luck and disappointment

Bad luck :

First jump - first tree...

Paint peels off and some breaks...

Maybe my front notches were too big I don't know. But given that the lexan is thick, it breaks rather than splitting. So I will never buy again this type of body ! I keep my stock bodies, easy to prepare, sturdier. I made that to reinforce them though :

(From my old 3906 bodies ! )

Old
  (#19)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

05.19.2010, 11:08 AM

Aaaaaarms...

I broke these arms during a bash session in a really bad spot with too much trees... But I often break lower front arms, so I ordered FLM alu arms (just for these ones).

These tires are great (good grip, design, no ballooning), just bad luck... It happened once with my Mashers.

Really huge jump It's the first time I break shocks like this

Old
  (#20)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

05.19.2010, 11:10 AM

Disappointments :

The body, of course, but also the Monoblock ! I installed it because I thought the power of the 6s LiFe pack will be too much. But no, the power isn't so impressive. So I removed it, and it's funnier Wheeliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies !
The LiFe packs are great, fast charge, powerful, but they are a bit too heavy so my suspension suffers (front lower arms especially).
I chose a 68/22 FGR finally, but I ordered smaller pinions to get more torque.

I still love my maxx despite these breakages and bad investments
But I'm really happy with my UE diff (Ofna in fact, only the cases are made by UE) + LiFe packs ! It's the most important finally !

We will see if my maxx is reliable on the long run !

(Lots of comments already posted in the original thread on Traxxas forum : http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...419028&page=22).

Old
  (#21)
bigsteel

05.19.2010, 01:57 PM

So you actually broke RPM arms? It takes some serious bashing to do that!--Josh

Old
  (#22)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

05.19.2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsteel View Post
So you actually broke RPM arms? It takes some serious bashing to do that!--Josh
Or a big tree at high speeds...

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#23)
bigsteel

05.19.2010, 02:17 PM

Even still,you can bend an rpm arm back on itself and it just takes it,I've never had one snap--josh

Old
  (#24)
Chadworkz
UE Supermaxx Addict!

05.19.2010, 02:37 PM

Holy crap!

-Chad
PM ME IF YOU HAVE THE BELOW:
VBS, CVDs, GM Single-Speed, OTB, Ultramaxxed, Super6, Strobe, Sprong, CNR Brake, UE Hex, DUH Towers, Predator, Blackbird, GA Blue Screws, HCR F/R Skids & Mutant
  Send a message via AIM to Chadworkz  
Old
  (#25)
Overdriven
Destroyer of Tires

05.19.2010, 09:23 PM

I've never seen a broken RPM arm either. I've had to make a bushing to put in the arm to take up the slop before though. But that was due to age and running the truck for too long with hinge pins that looked like yours. One of the reason I don't run a Maxx anymore. Looking at yours makes me want to though!

LST XXL MMM 1717 Custom Fabbed Conversion

Old
  (#26)
bumsnogger
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.20.2010, 10:35 AM

OOh,I've had my T maxx bugger off at 45mph,hitting rocks and ant hills,it never broke an RPM though!

Old
  (#27)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

05.20.2010, 12:05 PM

Mindless vandalism...
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#28)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

05.20.2010, 01:26 PM

To be honest, I hadn't drove my maxx for a long time... Add to this a new 6s setup and bingo ! : unusual damages...

I often bash my maxx pretty hard to see if it's really sturdy & durable, but whatever the sturdiness of a build, if you are a reckless driver, you'll break something, I did it And I did it remarkably

I ordered FLM lower front arms all the same because I often break RPM ones. I don't like alu arms but maybe it's the only solution. We'll see !

Old
  (#29)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

05.22.2010, 03:24 PM

I received my FLM arms, they sent me 2 packs but I only paid one

^ This idea is great, and the eclips are inserted in the brace.

But big mistake for bashing use... There is no lower shock mount so the shock cups rub against Traxxas tubes if I want to have the same ground clearance as I had with my RPM arms (almost no friction with the stock turnbuckles but I had only one in stock...) . And the pins of driveshafts yokes rub against the arm so a dremel job is required (a tad, no big deal).

So I need to find a solution to fix that (if you have any idea I'm interested ). Yesterday I decided to test Integy (yes) arms I bought a long time ago for my 3906 E-Maxx. I used an older version of these arms which hold out great (I know it's odd for Integy parts, sometimes they are good).

But after 10 minutes of bashing :

I hit a tree stump at full speed (vid next week)...

Old
  (#30)
Popoxx
Sapere aude

05.22.2010, 03:25 PM

A 6s E-Maxx combined with my driving style (brilliant or stupid, but always violent !) isn’t a good combination…

My maxx can’t endure the weight & the power of my new LiFe packs due to the suspension design a bit outdated for the powerful available BL systems and lipo setups.

During a landing, all the weight of the maxx is transferred to the front lower arms, and they break, like the hinge pins. Better shocks could help but 6s + hard bashing is too much for an E-Maxx

A solution would be to use a 4s setup but now it’s 6s or nothing ! So I keep my RPM arms, my LiFe packs, my almost-bulletproof E-Maxx, and I will be more kind with it next times… The next and last step of this build will be to buy Ofna shocks.

I will soon be too busy with my new job (and the first one !) so if I want to keep running RC trucks I need one which is reliable. My ERBE is perfect from this point of view, I will use it with a 6s lipo setup soon . My E-Maxx is and will always be my favorite MT but priorities change ! It was really funny to run it, break it and fix/upgrade it during these years