RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Old Brushless converted 3.3 owner...
Old
  (#1)
Fkyx

Old Brushless converted 3.3 owner... - 02.19.2010, 04:17 AM

Hey everybody. I broke my brushless converted Revo some time ago, and haven't really had the cash to get it put back together since then. I still can't really afford it, but I want to start thinking about my options.

The part that broke on my Revo is actually an E-Maxx 3905 transmission case. The cases are pretty damn cheap on Ebay these days, but I want to see what my other choices are. I'd like to try out the E-Revo transmission and see how it compares. Have any of you, or someone you know of switched over from the 3905 transmission to the E-Revo transmission with any degree of success?

After I broke my Revo, I sold my Mamba Max system to a friend. So I'm in the market for a new ESC. At this point, I have my eyes on the Mamba Max Pro. I'll still be running my Feigao 10XL, most likely. Would you guys know of any other (possibly cheaper) alternatives to the Mamba Max Pro? Looking for something to support 4s LiPo.

For those who are curious, or need a refresher, here is the build thread:
http://rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11048

Something that brings back some nice memories:

Last edited by Fkyx; 02.19.2010 at 04:50 AM.

Old
  (#2)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

02.20.2010, 07:58 AM

The Erevo tranny is identical to the 3905 tranny, they just use a different motor mount.

For cheaper escs, I think you'll have a hard time beating the MMPro for performance vs price; maybe an XERun 80amp esc?..
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#3)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

02.20.2010, 10:24 AM

I agree w/Neil, a mmpro is really hard to beat for the price. You can also pick up a used ccneu 1515 motor relatively cheap if you are wiling to look around and be patient. It would be a much better motor for the Revo...or a used Tekin 2000 truggy motor would work as well

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S

Old
  (#4)
Fkyx

02.20.2010, 05:08 PM

Thanks guys. Right now my only goal is to get the beast running again. If a cheap Neu falls into my hands before then, I'll upgrade.

Is there any big reason to run a MMM instead of MMPro if I don't intend to go above 4s?

Old
  (#5)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

02.20.2010, 08:15 PM

Higher current handling capability- ~120-150amps vs ~80-100amps. Depends how you drive, how tall you gear, and how hungry the motor is really- an 80amp esc should be fine for a 4s setup not geared too aggressively.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#6)
Fkyx

11.28.2011, 04:20 AM

Thread necro.

I'm back, and I never actually got around to reviving my Revo. Now I'm finally ready to do it, but I have more questions. I want to run 5s and potentially 6s.

So I wrote a huge reply with all of my thought process in it, but when I tried to post it, I wasn't logged in and I lost the whole post. Figures. The one time I don't copy/paste it into notepad first.

Anyway, what it all boiled down to was this:
My MambaMax w/ BEC was able to handle the Feigao 10XL (1668Kv) powered by a 4s2p 8000mAh 15C battery. The maths on this come out to 120A maximum(?), which means that the truck is geared short enough to compensate and let me MambaMax stay cool and within its current ratings.

If I keep the gearing the same, I should be able to run this HYPERION G3 VX 3300 MAH 5S 18.5V 35C/65C on a MMP, correct? The maths return a 115.5A maximum(?). I should theoretically even be able to run a 6s pack as long as the mAh and C numbers work out to a low enough current, right?

Should I just bite the bullet and shoot for the MMM, and possibly the 4200mAh version of that 5s battery? I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a replacement for my 10XL should it fail or something, so it might be useful to have that extra head-room for a 2200Kv motor in the future.

Is my logic anywhere near sound? Feel free to correct my if I'm wrong at all. I'm a software engineer so I really should be able to understand this crap. Pardon me if it's apparent that I don't. Hah.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry for the thread necro, although it is relevant.

Last edited by Fkyx; 11.28.2011 at 04:21 AM.

Old
  (#7)
Semi Pro
RC-Monster Titanium

11.28.2011, 07:29 PM

its a heavy truck, if you were staying geared low i would say the mmp is fine, it has thermal protection and if there's a problem it will shut down so i say try it

as long as you stay with a low kv you will be fine with thouse packs, i have run my 1600kv revo on my 2600mah 6cell packs may times geared for 35mph without ever having a problem, just really depends on how you drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi Pro View Post
......maybe they want to be more like novak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
I'm telling Patrick you said that!