RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Just Picked Up A E-Revo Roller.....
Old
  (#1)
MiamizFinest
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Just Picked Up A E-Revo Roller..... - 12.18.2011, 01:22 AM

So i picked up a used brushless e-revo roller thru a guy on craiglist in a trade for another car i had. The car was in EXTREMELY good shape which is great because sometimes these off-road type cars in a second hand market are kinda hit or miss on there conditions. I have alot of options at my disposal but im just not sure which route to go.

As far as electronics go i have a couple spare MMMv3's so one of them is going in there for sure, and i currently have extra motors in my box of goodies. I have a spare 1515 2200KV and a 1800KV 1518 (from castles black friday sale last year NIB) but i can't decide how many cells i wanna go?!?!? usually i build cars as fast as they could go but on this thing im looking more for run time, 40-50MPH speeds and cool set up. Im leaning toward using the 1518 size 1800KV on 4S or MAYBE 5S and i think for bashing that will push me to where i wanna be???? but i wanna get your feedback on what your fellas are running??? 2200KV on 6S is stupid fast on the street and im sure tons of fun but offroad im sure its simply too much. What cell count are you guys running for bashing and playing around??? That's really all im looking for this car!!

Also i got a couple more questions,

1: Whats the supposed to be the stock gearing on this thing??? i have alot of mod 1 pinion gears but im not sure where to start
2: What are you guys using for shock oil?? I had 2 nitro revo's years ago and i remember the stock oil was too soft but i don't remember what i used AND i need to rebuild these shocks because it feels as if there is 5K diff oil in them (what was this guy thinking?!?!)
3: The last revo i had was over 3+ years ago and truthfully i haven't kept up with new stuff. The last nitro revo i had was full RPM and teckno parts all the way around. Whats the latest and greatest stuff coming out for the revo??? Just wondering???

Old
  (#2)
bruce750i
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.18.2011, 10:39 AM

I'm running 62/18 1518 6s with true track rpm rear arms, black in back and tan springs in front with 60wt oil. Some popular upgrades include Dual rate shock's, rear chassis brace mod, sway bars, tires, LST diffs.

Last edited by bruce750i; 12.18.2011 at 11:31 AM.