RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Slipperential discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#46)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium

06.07.2010, 09:22 AM

Mike's cd mount will need some adjustments for the slipperential to fit. The only other option that I can think you might be interested in would be the losi diff but I know near nothing about it or if it would hold up to your application

Old
  (#47)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.07.2010, 09:37 AM

the losi diff looks pretty impressive... It also looks bigger than the slipperential... more of a direct fit???
Anyone care to chime in? What do you use in your RSC Mount? or with your neu1520 motor and is it handling the power?

Thanks panda

Old
  (#48)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

06.07.2010, 02:21 PM

For future reference, the lengths of the FLM skid plates for possible RCM universal CD mount platforms. This info is not listed in the desc, and I had to call Jaime at the shop to get it.

Plates should be 74mm wide.

Std length: 6.21"
Ext: 7.5"
Skid plate for BL conversion kit: 8.3"

Old
  (#49)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.08.2010, 04:47 AM

That will be a good reference for people who are using the FLM TVPs etc...

I myself will mount the CD Mount onto a plate which will bolt directly to the tvps and have the skid plate do its job in the normal position.

Old
  (#50)
mothman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.08.2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahay View Post
That will be a good reference for people who are using the FLM TVPs etc...

I myself will mount the CD Mount onto a plate which will bolt directly to the tvps and have the skid plate do its job in the normal position.

So, there will be big angle between the the F/R with the center diff? Sorry if I got you wrong.

Last edited by mothman; 06.08.2010 at 05:07 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to mothman Send a message via AIM to mothman Send a message via MSN to mothman  
Old
  (#51)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

06.08.2010, 05:24 AM

No it will basically be mounted in the same position as if you were using a skid plate, so the angle would not be any larger. I will just be mounting it as low as possible on the tvps

sorry for the terrible editing...

Do you get me now?

I can see what you mean by there being a larger angle, but when i come up with something, i will try and minimise the angle as mush as i can. This will also be determined by the spur gear chosen. Obviiously the CD diff cups will not be as inline as stock but it wont be much higher.

I just dont want anything on the Skidplate as my chassis is longer than most and anything on the skid plate will take a battering. I think this will be a safer idea.

Last edited by Jahay; 06.08.2010 at 05:27 AM.

Old
  (#52)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

06.18.2010, 09:11 PM

Some pix as promised mounted in the RCM mount.

Jammin X2 48T diff:

Ofna Spider Diff, 48T

52T spider diff spur. Too big for std top plate mounting holes.

Slipperential, 50T
Shows clearance, just. Don't have an assembled pic as the top plate will not fit over the 50T spur. Needs to be notched out. Also, the slipperential is quite a bit shorter than the ofna diffs, which are already short by a few mm. Basically the top plate needs to be heavily modified to fit, or use smaller spur.

As an aside, got my FLM skid mount to act as mounting plate.
Looks good from bottom:

But Fail on the back side. Didn't know there was a recessed pocket. Totally messes up where I planed to put the mount. May have to talk to Mike/Jaime about getting a custom one.

Last edited by Finnster; 06.18.2010 at 09:13 PM.

Still waiting
Old
  (#53)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Still waiting - 06.19.2010, 01:35 AM

Yea there was mention of RCM making one right after teh mount came out, but have not seen anything show up yet. It would be nice if we had a plate custom made for this mount.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#54)
Jahay
RC-Monster Titanium

07.07.2010, 05:43 AM

Sorry to bring this back... But i have once again changed my mind.. i have an alternative way with thanks to _DV of mounting my motor and my ofna diff in a more secure way. Instead of using the RCM Mount, asi still dont feel comfortable mounting my motor to the mount in that fashion and would prefer it supported across the motor.

ANYWAY.... Im looking for an Aluminium mount, but i havent been able to find one yet that suits my needs... And am i right in saying that mostly any mount will work with the ofna diff??????

Anyway this is the similar design i need....but i would prefer it in aluminium.

I was looking at one of these below... but more and more i look at it i am begining to think that the height difference between the centre diff axles and my front and rear diff axles will be too extreme considering in a stock savage using a tranny, the axles are all basically in line.

So does anyone know of an aluminium mount which will work with the ofna diff similar to the one in the first photo?

Thank you in advance... as i havent been able to find one suitable just yet

Old
  (#55)
SlavikR
RC-Monster Stock

05.15.2013, 10:27 PM

Hello! Need help! Bought differential 46/17 teeth the motor is hot!, and which may have to gear S/P for Savage XL 2200kv/MMM who would say ? Please tell me! Thank you!

Old
  (#56)
mothman
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

06.01.2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlavikR View Post
Hello! Need help! Bought differential 46/17 teeth the motor is hot!, and which may have to gear S/P for Savage XL 2200kv/MMM who would say ? Please tell me! Thank you!

You need to lower your gearing. 46/17 is too high. I believe it should be inbetween 10-12t
  Send a message via Yahoo to mothman Send a message via AIM to mothman Send a message via MSN to mothman