RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Slipperential discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#121)
jamesban
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.29.2012, 11:18 AM

ok. I removed the slipperential because with 3 springs tightened all the way down it still slipped too much. I got two new Life batteries and made a new battery harness. Its running great now. No overheating on the wires. Maybe my old batteries were just going bad? Will do flips from a standstill and cogs slightly on starting. Gonna try changing the startup setting to low on the ESC and see if it helps with the slight cogging and to control flipping and wheelies when it takes off. Other than that this thing is a blast.

Old
  (#122)
Mozzy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.30.2012, 02:32 AM

If you have high C rated batteries you should be able to change the 'start up power' to medium or high.

I use mine on high running 6S 4000mAh 40C. No problem at all. 1717 1580kv

I also have my timing set to high as well.

My temps don't get over 60 deg C on a hot day drifting around a 1/10 on-road track. This is on-off-on-off throttling too.

Maybe you need to email Mike about the slipping slipperential, cause, as far as I'm aware, they should work properly for any application.

Has anyone else suffered a slipperential failure?

Losi SCTE SC4 Pro 4000kv, Tekin RX8, 2S
MP7.5 Kanai III Tekno Neu 1515/2.5D 1700kv MM 4S
LST 2 Carbon CC 1717 1Y 1580kv MM 6S
Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Pro

Old
  (#123)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

05.10.2012, 05:50 PM

I had mine slip more than I liked once. I was running it loose and letting it slip allot. Too much really. It basically glazed the slipper pads over and it seemed to slip no matter how hard I tightened it.

It was a simple fix. I just took it apart and rubbed the pads on some fine sandpaper to get the glaze off and then did the same thing to the metal rings the pads slip against and it was good as new again. Any slipper clutch requires maintenance. Even the little ones in the 1/10 cars with the lightweight cars. This kind of thing should be fairly routine maintenance for any slipper clutch.

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly

Old
  (#124)
jamesban
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.10.2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
I had mine slip more than I liked once. I was running it loose and letting it slip allot. Too much really. It basically glazed the slipper pads over and it seemed to slip no matter how hard I tightened it.

It was a simple fix. I just took it apart and rubbed the pads on some fine sandpaper to get the glaze off and then did the same thing to the metal rings the pads slip against and it was good as new again. Any slipper clutch requires maintenance. Even the little ones in the 1/10 cars with the lightweight cars. This kind of thing should be fairly routine maintenance for any slipper clutch.
well mine slipped with 3 springs tightened all the way down so I just really dont need to use it. My muggy is big and heavy and it works fine with the regular center diff. Maybe I will put it in my LSP-R brushless.

Old
  (#125)
jhautz
RC-Monster Mod

05.10.2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesban View Post
well mine slipped with 3 springs tightened all the way down so I just really dont need to use it. My muggy is big and heavy and it works fine with the regular center diff. Maybe I will put it in my LSP-R brushless.
If its slipping when tightened all the way down then take it apart and sand the pads like I said. When they glaze over it does have more slip than normal. Roughing up the slipper ring doesn't hurt either.

I can't decide if its more fun
to make it...
or break it...

Silent...But Deadly