RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Slipperential discussion

Old
  (#31)
Kcaz25
RC-Monster Titanium

03.22.2010, 11:35 PM

Tasteless doesn't say it. Illegal works pretty good. Infuriating works. I hope you can get them GOOD Mike.

Old
  (#32)
George16
Supermaxx

03.23.2010, 02:58 AM

That sucks. I hope you can get great resolution for this.

Castle Neu 1520 on 6S LiPo Powered Gmaxx (Nitro Killer)
Predator with OS .21TM
Supermaxx with Mach .26
Revo with OS .18TZ
Kyosho ST-RR Conversion
Ofna CR with Tekin ESC/Motor (2)

Old
  (#33)
rschoi_75
Certified Spaceball

03.23.2010, 12:53 PM

wow.... That's just ridiculous. I hope you can stick it to these guys Mike.

There's two sides to every schwartz, he got the up side and I got the down side.

rcm xt8
rcm xb8
rcm crt.5

Old
  (#34)
Dafni
RC-Monster Mod

03.23.2010, 02:38 PM

Words fail me.

RC/DC - Brushless Conversions since 2000 !
>>>>>>>>> www.rc-dc.ch <<<<<<<<<<

Talking??
Old
  (#35)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Talking?? - 03.23.2010, 06:21 PM

Mike we are all at a loss about what is going on here. My wife and were talking last night about your situation. We both work for the US Department of State and have seen alot of stuff like this going on. We have worked with special agents who were investigating stuff just like this, but more so items that value in the millions of $$$$$ in losses. Unfortunately our Gov is very lacking in control over what these other countries are doing in this area, and the Gov control over imports has gotten rediculously lax in general there for not protecting US businesses. I doubt that you will be able to do very much at all in regards to stopping them from selling on the internet. It would end up costing you alot more fighting this, then what you may or may not lose as a result of their shady business practices. I belive you have enough of a fan base to keep things in check. Plus people are begining to realize that buying USA products is a key to getting our economy back in check. Advertising is a good key for success in this line of business and you are doing fine there. Don't let anger drive you to doing something you may regret in the long run. You have a great business model going here so keep up the good work Sir.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Last edited by JERRY2KONE; 03.23.2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Old
  (#36)
Nick
COOKIES!

03.23.2010, 07:10 PM

A good start would be removing the link off the first post, so it doesn't get any more publicity!

~ Nick.

Too late for that
Old
  (#37)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Too late for that - 03.23.2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
A good start would be removing the link off the first post, so it doesn't get any more publicity!
Its already too late for that. I have seen it in other sites and read discussions about it. I think it is best that we all cover discussions about it and gather collective info and advice that will help RCM stay strong even in the face of adverity. This is just a fact of life in our buisness society that we have to deal with and overcome. Life goes on.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#38)
Finnster
KillaHurtz

03.23.2010, 08:18 PM

Sounds like hiring Russian hackers to just launch DNS attacks might be more effective...

You do hear about the rampant IP piracy in China, and that govt unwillingness to stop it (if not outright support it)

Old
  (#39)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.23.2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
Sounds like hiring Russian hackers to just launch DNS attacks might be more effective...

You do hear about the rampant IP piracy in China, and that govt unwillingness to stop it (if not outright support it)
Tell me about it! Being in IT, I get "security alert" emails at work at least once a day describing new vulnerabilities and hack attempts. Sorta makes you want to unplug from the net sometimes!
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Correct.
Old
  (#40)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Correct. - 03.23.2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Tell me about it! Being in IT, I get "security alert" emails at work at least once a day describing new vulnerabilities and hack attempts. Sorta makes you want to unplug from the net sometimes!
Oh boy are you right about that BG. One of our son's PC's locked up last week. Once we got into it and began to check what was wrong we discovered that he had over 30 (Trojen key logger) viruses from watching videos on UTube. We have a firewalled router, and protected modem, plus Gov supplied virus protection and none of them stops them if they really want into your system. We have now setup restrictions on his PC, but anymore problems will result in disconnection for him. I am pretty careful but even my PC gets hit from time to time regardless of what protections you have installed. I update once a week, do registry optomizer, and try to keep things clean, but you just never know whats going to happen.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#41)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

03.24.2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRY2KONE View Post
Its already too late for that. I have seen it in other sites and read discussions about it.
That's too bad. I know RCM members would never buy the clone, but others might very well jump at the chance.

Old
  (#42)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

03.24.2010, 03:54 PM

I think Mike should put a notice on the home page, or at least in the product description that states there are clones popping up and that only the original version developed by RCM carries the parts support, not to mention customer service.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#43)
nitrostarter
RC-Monster Brushless

03.24.2010, 04:20 PM

BG, you're slacking...

And I quote from the store front:

Quote:
***Attention RC-Monster Customers and site users****
It has recently come to our attention that some of our intellectual property has been copied and offered for sale without our authorization. Please beware of cheap imitations of our products that may be offered elsewhere at discount prices. These items are not genuine RC-Monster products and are not backed or supported by people with integrity or respect for the dedicated effort required to constantly improve and innovate in our RC hobby. We work extremely hard to ensure that we offer unique innovative products that are on the cutting edge and enhance our segment of the hobby. Please respect and support our intellectual property as well as our dedication to innovation by supporting and purchasing only genuine products rather than cheap knock-offs. Please do not support these common thieves and insist only on the real thing, supported and developed with integrity by people with integrity and passion for the hobby. Thank you for your continued support.

N. Rustler conversion
  Send a message via AIM to nitrostarter  
Old
  (#44)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

03.24.2010, 04:34 PM

^^ Nice. I just saw that, too.

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#45)
BrianG