Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Castle Creations

Old
  (#31)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

12.12.2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxximatoze View Post
OK, it's certainly perfectly fine. Do you if high grade ceramic bearing can reduce I0 in a measurable manner, or it's useless ? (and make it run noise free, the orignal bearings tend to make some noise at different rpm)

Ps: what is the toshiba mosfet ref used in the mamba monster X, if it's not top secret, TPHR6503PL ? just to know... And I promise, I stop bother you with all my questions ;)
Ceramic bearings can make it both quieter and reduce IO -- but be careful, they damage easy. And the front bearing is especially easy to damage.

I can't comment on what MOSFETs we use. But you can probably read the numbers off the top of the chips if you are interested. :)

Patrick del Castillo
President, Principle Engineer
Castle Creations

Old
  (#32)
maxxximatoze
RC-Monster Stock

12.13.2017, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdelcast View Post
Ceramic bearings can make it both quieter and reduce IO -- but be careful, they damage easy. And the front bearing is especially easy to damage.

I can't comment on what MOSFETs we use. But you can probably read the numbers off the top of the chips if you are interested. :)
OK no problem ;) . Mamba monster X can be removed from it's plastic box ? I don't want to ruin my brand new esc just to see the mosfet ref...

Old
  (#33)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

12.14.2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
OK no problem ;) . Mamba monster X can be removed from it's plastic box ? I don't want to ruin my brand new esc just to see the mosfet ref...
Well, no. The heatsink would have to be removed to read the chips, and that would void any warranty.

Sorry.

Patrick del Castillo
Castle Creations

Old
  (#34)
maxxximatoze
RC-Monster Stock

12.14.2017, 05:57 PM

OK so I will NOT take that risk ! I will have to wait for it to burn... Is the monster X prone to self combustion ? :) Do you know a compatible motor mount for the Hpi apache/vorza to put the 1515 sensored in the chassis ?

Old
  (#35)
maxxximatoze
RC-Monster Stock

12.20.2017, 04:13 AM

For info (and memory for me)

I have measured again I0, but this time with a higher motor temp (around 60C) and the kv is rising up a little with temp (from 2220 to 2250) and I0 go down a little (-300mA from 4A to 3.7A@24V and from 3A to 2.7A@16V)

So the calculated max efficiency at 60C of the motor is 93.7% for 16V and 91A (50W copper losses and 43W iron losses), and 94.0% at 24V and 131A (106W copper losses and 89W iron losses)

The esc+motor max efficiency is calculated to be around 90/91% for 16/24V

In fine, it's a pretty good motor with some high efficiency :)
I'm curious to see what would happen with hybrid ceramic bearing. I think I will do some tests later.

Old
  (#36)
Pdelcast
RC-Monster Titanium

01.08.2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
For info (and memory for me)

I have measured again I0, but this time with a higher motor temp (around 60C) and the kv is rising up a little with temp (from 2220 to 2250) and I0 go down a little (-300mA from 4A to 3.7A@24V and from 3A to 2.7A@16V)

So the calculated max efficiency at 60C of the motor is 93.7% for 16V and 91A (50W copper losses and 43W iron losses), and 94.0% at 24V and 131A (106W copper losses and 89W iron losses)

The esc+motor max efficiency is calculated to be around 90/91% for 16/24V

In fine, it's a pretty good motor with some high efficiency :)
I'm curious to see what would happen with hybrid ceramic bearing. I think I will do some tests later.
Ceramic bearing may decrease IO somewhat. But I wouldn't expect much of a difference.

When you compare our motor with others, you will notice our IO is very low, and efficiency higher.

Patrick del Castillo
Castle Creations