RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Getting out Got me this Motorcycle. Anyone else ride?
Old
  (#1)
Gee
A Horse's Ass

Getting out Got me this Motorcycle. Anyone else ride? - 04.08.2011, 12:52 AM

You might call this my new hobby. I have been spending all the time I am not checking pm's or my ebay listing riding. A bit excited I guess cuz I am riding in 40 degree cold, wet, and windy spring weather. I see a couple other riders out, either they got a new bike also, or that is the only mode of transportation they have.

I picked up this 98 Yamaha Virago 1100 Special with part of the money from the rc sales I've been doing. Got this from a friend for a decent price. It was 20+ years since I rode a bike. I had 84 Honda Shadow way back when. Then last summer I picked up a 83 Yamaha 750 maxim that got me riding again. This new one is more like that cruiser style I like. It's an easy bike to ride, handles better then the 83 and has plenty of throttle. I was surprised when I went to change the title and found out it was a 98. I for some reason thought I was buying a 95. So it was like a bonus finding that out. The friend I got it from put some after market pipes on it. It's got the low rumble to it until you get on it then it got he loud rumble. I like the looks of the bike, old classic like me old but I am not a classic yet. You might notice how old I am by the reflection in the motor. So old I don't bend down to take pictures anymore. Just hold the camera down by the crotch area and snap away until I get a picture centered.

1998 Yamaha Virago XV1100S

I was surprised at how much I got for all the rc parts and odds and ends in the back room. Wasn't expecting that bonus but it is gone. Put a grand into the Mustang to fix the brakes and tighten up the steering on it. I didn't get a 1/4 back of what I spent on just the rcs that were in the current stable (don't want to think about the others), but the fun and experience I got from it was well worth the money spent on it.

I know there's some other motorcycle owners here at RCM. Post up pics if you got some.

Old
  (#2)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

04.08.2011, 01:53 AM

Looks like a sweet ride, but with as much as you like to tinker and repair things you should have bought a Harley.

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#3)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

04.08.2011, 09:58 AM

I don't have any pics of my current bike, but it is a 99 Honda CBR1100xx, some call it the Blackbird. It is a "sport bike" but it leans more toward the "sport touring" side. Plenty of power, and I made it more comfortable by adding the taller/laid back handlebars from a Honda VF800 interceptor and peg lowering bracket to give some more legroom. I have soft luggage on it, and it is my daily commuter vehicle as long as the weather permits or I do not have to tow a trailer. Gas milage is twice what my truck is, so I figure I am being "green" and I get to be "cheap" at the same time. Plus it is nice to be able to pass anything I want on the road, and have a top speed of 180+...

Bikes are great, glad to see you got one Guy.

Old
  (#4)
magman
RC-Monster Dual Brushless

04.08.2011, 10:56 AM

I did for many years, but, alas, bills and such came up so they had to go. I had a Honda CB 1000 and a Harley 1200 sportster at the same time. I truly miss it as it was my refuge from everyday life

1. MBX-6 T8 1900KV, RX8 ON 4S
2. MBX-5T 1520, MMM ON 5S
3. MBX-5 ONROAD CONVERSION 1515, MMM ON 5S
4. MRX-3 ON ROAD CONVERSION 1512, MMM ON 6S
5. TEN T 2650 T8, MMP ON 3S