RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

#'s
Old
  (#16)
HotnCold
RC-Monster Admin

#'s - 04.02.2005, 07:47 AM

Yep - i pm'd you the right #- LOL - its cool - i broke last night anyway - lol - how and what do you say? Well I broke my right front rim completely off my Gmaxx when i hit the triple and shot straight up and smashed into the ceiling - LOL - was a sight to see.

Hows that "Hope and Change" working out for Ya???

Old
  (#17)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

04.02.2005, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by T2693
K, reviewing all this material, yeah I'm a little slow, lol

I take it I need two diff cups, front and rear and two diff cases, front and rear, do I need two collars or should I just get one of these kits instead? I think one kit will do both front and rear.

UE 7.5 Diff Kit 6 Spyder

or

7.5 Diff Kit 8 Sypder

What's your take? I was reading that you should change your gear ratio. Now I'm a little lost in the mix, sorry guys. Suggestions please.

I see the CF chassis is in. Mike, to convert the chassis I need the following correct?

G2 CF chassis

Gorilla Maxx G2 chassis extension kit, Mike, Do you carry the CF extension kit?

G2 Motor Mount

Supermaxx titanium center driveshaft kit

I figure I'll start there, lol....

Probably going to go Proline Powerstroke Performance Shock Kit, Mike do you carry this? If so, that added to the chassis convert project if recommanded.

RPM shock tower, wide a-arms and Steering Knuckles / Axle Carriers to keep it light as possible.

What's your take on this setup for chassis, shocks, towers, arms and knuckles?

You correct in your statement about needing two diff cases and diff cups. The collars aren't needed, but add to the "bling" factor. the Ue diffs are an upgrade from the Maximizer/Integy parts, and do require a slightly different gearing. We can get to that when you determine the setup you want to go with.
I do carry all the G-maxx parts, including the motor mounts and extension kits, as well as the Proline shocks, and can get the RPM stuff pretty easily.
The CF chassis, extension, Proline shocks and rpm knuckles are all excellent options. I don't particularly like the rpm stock towers or suspension arms, but others do, so it is a matter of preference. The tower don't offer enough adjustment for my liking, and I prefer proline arms to any other plastic arm. Again, this is just my preference. I can get any of these items if this is what you wish.

Old
  (#18)
T2693
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.02.2005, 11:57 PM

I'll PM you Mike, threads getting nutty lol.

HotnCold your off the hook crashing into the ceiling. You racing a rocket ship or a R/C truck, lol.... Hope you can get it fixed up by next week. I'm working a close again so I'll holla at you with the correct number, lol....
  Send a message via Yahoo to T2693  
Old
  (#19)
HotnCold
RC-Monster Admin

04.03.2005, 09:08 AM

Fixed the gmaxx on sat morning - ready to spackle the sheetrock - LOL

Old
  (#20)
T2693
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

04.06.2005, 12:59 AM

Get some video next time HotnCold, lol

K, I was looking over things and I'll be setting some things over over the next couple months so here's the questions

8 will work with 6 cells

9 will work with 7 cells

I currently have 2 6 cell packs so if I go with the 9 I can't use the 6 cell packs?

Between the titans and the 8 what will I notice? More speed? How much faster is the 9 over the 8?

Just trying to figure out what will be the best route for me.

Thanks
  Send a message via Yahoo to T2693  
Old
  (#21)
HotnCold
RC-Monster Admin

04.06.2005, 07:34 AM

your thinking is correct if when you say 8 and 9 you mean 8L and 9L. The 8L will work fine with your 2 6cell packs. You are going to want to increase the cell count if you are going to go with a lower turn motor like 9L or 10L. It will work but it will be slower - but youll get a lot more torque and longer runtime with the lower turn motors. Between the titans and the 8L what will you notice? A lot more speed and a lot more torque and more run time as well... The best thing you can do is check out the way they perform and go from there.... Talk to ya later - PM me your tel # and well get in contact before fri - My hard drive went down - Lost everything...