RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

My revo build/destroying post
Old
  (#1)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

My revo build/destroying post - 07.21.2010, 07:25 AM

well i bought the brushless revo as some of you know. had fun for a few then bought a set of polyquest 3s 4400mah 25c batts (off skellyo thanks!) and now this thing is crazy.
last night i shredded a set of tires. big surprise! so i ordered a set of proline crime fighters i will see how they hold up. i will start uploading pic/vids and start more sharing soon.
Danny

Old
  (#2)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.22.2010, 09:42 PM

First off im working on videos for you all right now. took it out tonight and destroyed a chassis, a-arm, and two more tires.

I ordered a set of crime fighters there on the way. hoping to have chassis and proline arms tomorrow, from in town.

While it is apart i want to upgrade the diffs(whats everyones opinion on making them the strongest?)

Also I want to do a BOCA bearing upgrade does anyone have experience with BOCA and which level of bearing do you think is right for someone who is beating the crap out of there revo.
Thanks in advance
Danny

Old
  (#3)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.26.2010, 01:58 PM

man no love...... maybe if i get some videos uploaded tonight i will get some answers lol. all i can say is the revo is sweet.
Danny

Old
  (#4)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.26.2010, 10:34 PM

let me know what you think
Danny

Old
  (#5)
bigsteel

Question 07.27.2010, 12:58 PM

I think the lack of responses is because of breaks like yours,like me and most others we sold our revos or went on to bigger better trucks (I.E LST craze lately). As for upgrades,I'd go with atleast AL diff cupsRand careful shimming or even better yet rc-monster diffs if you are willing to pay for indestructible diffs. Also,pick up some rpm arms and be done with it. My best advice on a revo is just to take it easy, they are more racer than basher.--Josh

Old
  (#6)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.27.2010, 06:51 PM

I haven't broke anything diff related yet. i just heard people have, so i just wanna upgrade before they do go. IMO the revo is super strong i have seen some crazy flips cart wheels back flips racing and everything in between and so far 3 tires, 1 a-arm,1 set of bulks. Thats not bad saying its been on 6s except the first 2 runs.

Thanks on the reply though i will hopefully put an order in by the end of the week
Danny

Old
  (#7)
Deahttub

07.28.2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitropyro View Post
First off im working on videos for you all right now. took it out tonight and destroyed a chassis, a-arm, and two more tires.

I ordered a set of crime fighters there on the way. hoping to have chassis and proline arms tomorrow, from in town.

While it is apart i want to upgrade the diffs(whats everyones opinion on making them the strongest?)

Also I want to do a BOCA bearing upgrade does anyone have experience with BOCA and which level of bearing do you think is right for someone who is beating the crap out of there revo.
Thanks in advance
Danny
Saw your vids...pretty cool....if i were you I'd buy some RPM arms cause imho, they are indestructable...i used to use ceramic bearings, but then MC convinced me to buy the cheapies and toss them when they wear (and he was right)...one thing you will notice is that the revo breaks a lot more when you run 6s..,..When i ran 6s i broke the machine every 3-5 runs...now i havent broken it in awhile.....the speed is close to the same with 4s, you just have to gear up...

Old
  (#8)
bigsteel

07.28.2010, 01:33 PM

^+1 I totally agree,these trucks are light enough to run fine on 4s for bashing as 6s just beats them to death,use you 6s for the occasional speed run and then the 4s for general bashing.--Josh

Old
  (#9)
LiqrSicc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Thumbs up 07.29.2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitropyro View Post
man no love...... maybe if i get some videos uploaded tonight i will get some answers lol. all i can say is the revo is sweet.
Danny
All you need is some RPM arms and keep doing what your doing. I've had my ERBE on 6s since the day it was released and the only thing I've broken is a few drive shafts and a body post. Enjoy it !

XXL 1717
SCTE 1512
XXX-S VTA
DX3R
  Send a message via AIM to LiqrSicc  
Old
  (#10)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.29.2010, 08:04 AM

i need to order the rpm, just been to lazy lol. and i picked up the traxxas cvd kit yesterday. hope to run it some this weekend with more videos.
Danny

Old
  (#11)
bigsteel

07.29.2010, 09:07 AM

If you run RPM arms don't run the cvd's, the RPM arms flex more than stock and will bend your shiny new axles.--Josh

Old
  (#12)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.29.2010, 09:24 AM

crap i did hear that! didn't think that one through. lol.
Josh are you ever in the columbus area?
Danny

Old
  (#13)
nitropyro
RC-Monster Stock

07.29.2010, 09:00 PM

Okay i don't want anyone to say i told you so.....lol So this thing had been decently durable for being heavy. Stock drive shafts lasted three weeks and i wanted stronger so I got the CVD's. Well the CVD's lasted half a pack before the u joint "let go". For all of you that kept your revo whats your suggestions for strong axles. i like the torque and the speed so really don't want to go down to 4s unless thats the only way.
Danny

Old
  (#14)
LiqrSicc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

07.30.2010, 02:07 AM

Stay with the stockers... or you can even go with the Summit axles. Just lay off the backflips and you'll be fine. I've only ran 6s and I've broke only 2 shafts in over a year and I beat the sh*t outta my ERBE

XXL 1717
SCTE 1512
XXX-S VTA
DX3R
  Send a message via AIM to LiqrSicc  
Old
  (#15)
bigsteel

07.30.2010, 08:36 AM

Yeah,stick with the stockers, they are just as strong as the CV's and are a hell of alot cheaper to replace.--Josh