RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

Good Starter System
Old
  (#1)
6606j

Good Starter System - 08.11.2005, 02:35 PM

I'm wanting to go brushless, but have some concerns, I've looked really hard at the novak hv-maxx set up and like the drop in-ability but I'm also thinking it would be way under powered, I'm wanting something that is going to durable, be able to withstand heat and up to 16 cells (the novak only rated @ 14) But also be competitive on 14 and 12 cells respectively, I've decided that I'm Going to buy every thing i need through here, because I've noticed that all of your customers are happy with your service,

But basically what i'm looking for is something south of the 400 dollar range for both controller and the motor,

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

08.11.2005, 07:59 PM

First of all, welcome to the forums! I am glad you found your way here and I will do my best to take care of you!
Now, on to your question:
Most any system sold through me for e-maxx duty will out perform the Novak system, and the installation is quite simple as well. For 12-16 cell operation, there are a few motor choices. The Feigao 7xl is pretty popular, and for good reason. At $90, the price is very reasonable, and the motor is large and powers the e-maxx or similar trucks with ease. It can also handle the hiogher cell counts you are looking to use(14 cells is very nice with tghis motor, and it can take 18+ cells if you dare!). For controllers, the BK warriors are pretty popular, and work well also. I did just get some 160 amp, 16 cell controllers in from MGM, though, which have more programmable features(including Lipo cutoff), a higher ampo rating and smaller dimensions vs. the warrior. The MGM controllers are currently in stock as well, while the warriors are out of stock for the moment(waiting for the order to arrive). Either of these controllers would work very well, and both would also allow you to be close to your budget. The best for your budget would probably be the MGM controller, 7xl motor, UBEC and RC-Monster heatsink/clamp. This is within $20 or so of your budget. The warrior controller would put you below budget, but the high end MGM is a better controller for your application IMHO, due to its programmable features, small size and high amp rating.

Old
  (#3)
6606j

08.12.2005, 01:57 AM

Thank you for the welcome, and I must say this was a fast reply, My first question is the obvious, how long will my batteries last, assuming i get the gold peak 3700's (what kind of runtimes, i guess is what i'm asking, ) second question is there really that much of a difference between GP 3700's and intellect 3800's seeming how @maxamps.com they are the same price per cell (7.99) Third question how much of a weight savings in the G-Maxx chassis is there between the aluminum, and the carbon fiber, and is the weight difference, enough to support the ten dollar difference in price,

I'm very sorry for so many questions, but my budget is 1500, and you are looking to get most of it seeming how you carry all of the parts I need, ( I love one stop shopping!!) But as you can imagine, I want to make sure that for the amount of money I'm going to be spending, that i get it right the first time, I don't want to do more upgrades later, 1500 is my budget, no more no less.

thank you!

Old
  (#4)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

08.12.2005, 08:22 AM

Runtime will vary with the cell count, terrain, gearing, tires, and driving style, but with 14-16 cells and 3700 or 3800 packs, you should expect around 10 minutes of pretty hard running(more if you are just bashing around).
I can get whatever you need(have items in stock that are not yet listed) for sure. If you like, e-mail me a wish list(mike@rc-monster.com) and I will reply with options and prices to meet your budget, including recommendations and different options for you to select. I will be away racing for the weekend, but can certainly work on your stuff when I return.

Mike

Old
  (#5)
6606j

08.12.2005, 12:07 PM

will do thanks!

Old
  (#6)
Re~Mix
ĄGo Baby Go!

08.12.2005, 05:45 PM

Mike here can also hook you up with cells, the ones at maxamps at priced pretty steep for the product that you actually get. I love my new gp3700's and they are sick. A little more durable than the IB3800's so keep that in mind.

RC18T FT - Quark Castle Creations Airtronics IB
  Send a message via AIM to Re~Mix  
Old
  (#7)
6606j

08.13.2005, 12:20 AM

I'll definately keep that in mind

Thank You!