RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > Pre Sales Questions

supermaxx E, needs brushless setup suggestions
Old
  (#1)
clisbyt

supermaxx E, needs brushless setup suggestions - 08.25.2005, 03:37 PM

I've got a somewhat heavy E-maxx (supermaxx chassis, SM wide-trax suspension, GA 7075 bulks, weights in around 11-12lbs), and am still running the stock motors, I'm considering going brushless, but don't know what to get or where to start...but all Brushless roads seem to lead back to you!

The 9920 seems to get good reviews by your members and others (darn thing is mentioned all over the net). I'm running a couple sets of cheap stick packs, and a couple 7 cell packs (from ballistic batteries) made from GP3300's. I doubt seriously if I will ever race, speeds beyond 40mph really don't interest me, but a litte faster than the stock motors would be cool...longer run times would be nice, originally I was waiting for the Novak system, but have heard the masses say you can do better at around the same price (9920/7xl or 9l). I have no problems running the "good" batteries all the time/getting more good batteries (I understand this is pretty much a must) Not really interested in running or buying 8 cell packs...so between 12-14 cells should be fine....but if it works with 16...someday....I might need it...(if I don't have it I'll want it, if I have it, I'll never use it....)

And I've got wiring questions. I'm aware less is more in wiring...but how does one go about wiring 2 7cell pack to the one controller....tried to find BK website for wiring info. etc....no-joy. Are the packs really wired together making a 14 cell pack? Does the controller have inputs for more than one pack etc like the stock EVX?

I'm sure I've forgotten some info you need, so ask away!

thanks in advance the help!!

-TC

Old
  (#2)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

08.25.2005, 09:06 PM

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/show...?s=&threadid=8

Read the link above for some general information about set up and wiring. Not too difficult to do at all. For the heavy weight ruck you have, i would probably go with the 7xl motor. ON 14 cells, it will be quite a bit more powerful than the stockers, and can be geared to achieve 40+ speeds or more if you want. I generally gear for around 35mph myself (don't need to go faster), and get a nice runtime. The 9920 warrior controller is a popular choice!

Also, welcome to the forums! Glad you found your way here!

Old
  (#3)
coolhandcountry
RC-Monster Mod

08.25.2005, 09:14 PM

I go with mike. The 7xl is a great motor especially for the price you can get it for.

Peace!
Country
Help support the
Rc-Monster
Buy here

My pics and videos

Old
  (#4)
clisbyt

08.25.2005, 11:35 PM

Excellent, thank you guys so very much! The link was excellent as is this forum, I'm so happy I found you guys. I was soooo close to going down the Novak road...anyway once you guys get those controllers in I'll be good to go!

thanks again.

-TC