RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > General Questions

Retarded Jumbo Kong Tires on a LST XXL Convert??
Old
  (#1)
Desert Rc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

Retarded Jumbo Kong Tires on a LST XXL Convert?? - 01.08.2010, 08:11 PM

I am very slowly putting a build together for my xxl that will have a castle 1520 installed. I was looking for some retarded Monster Truck style tires for her and came across someone that had some Jumbo Kongs for sale. They are HUGE!! Maybe to big. I value your guys opinion so if you say dont bother I will pass. I am not a huge IMEX fan but these tiress looks cool to me. Also I have a 17mm hex/nut conversion on the lst do you guys know what wheels will fit is it just a tmaxx size?? Any info/suggestions or pics of these would be really cool.

Old
  (#2)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

01.08.2010, 09:08 PM

A buddy of mine has a set, as cool as they look they are USELESS. They weight 2lbs EACH and are super bouncey and even with 17mm hubs they are easily stripped if not ultra careful.
Ditch them and get some Savage XL tires, Cen bowties or Proline Moabs.

These are the CEN bowties and are 71/4" tall and are 15ounces each and are the lightest 7" tire availible. The CEN chevrons are way cool looking but weigh considerably more.

FYI, these rims are 23mm hubbed, you can score CEN 23mm hubs on Fleabay for under $20.00 delivered and they fit the LST2 axles BETTER than Proline hubs/.

CEN Cherons

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Last edited by Bondonutz; 01.08.2010 at 09:12 PM.

Me too.
Old
  (#3)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Me too. - 01.08.2010, 09:30 PM

I to have been tempted to get a set of those Jumbo Kong tires and wheels quite a few times over the last few years, but up to now have passed, just because of the usage factor. I will own a set at some point, but for now they are just a waste of money when there are so many other more imprtant things that are needed to get my builds completed. They do look overwhelmingly cool and I have seen guys use them and run over water with them just like Bigfoot does with his giant tire setup with the float factor. They are surely just a novelty and nothing more. Produced merely for the show of their enormous size. For any practicle application they would not do you any good. So if you want to have some fun with your truck I would find something else, but if you just want a set to show your truck off to the little kiddies, then by all means try them out. Good luck with that.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#4)
Desert Rc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.08.2010, 09:40 PM

Thanks guys, as I figured actually. I often fall in love with the look of something and the practicality of it is just not there. I will pass on these. Bondo thanks for the feedback and other optional choices. I do have plenty of tires already I just kinda had my heart set on making one of those true monster looking rigs like a Grave Digger body and cheveron style tires.

Old
  (#5)
Gee
A Horse's Ass

01.08.2010, 10:41 PM

Buy them take some pictures them sell them. lol I'm a tire freak myself. I thought about getting them and just using them for cup holders and taking picture of the kids sitting on them. Before I had an rc that could actually run the 40 series mashers without over heating. The mashers jsut sat on the shelf but once in a while you put them on just for something different. Not and eveyday tire, but if you got the money you wouldn't need to rent a set for the wedding or funeral. Maybe we should all put some money in a kitty, buy one set and ship them around for picture taking and 15min of fame.

Old
  (#6)
Desert Rc
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

01.08.2010, 11:09 PM

Im down to donate for the Kong Tour 2010 LOL!!!! Are those Cen wheels the same size as 40s??