Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Questions and Answers > General Questions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
airguns :)
Old
  (#1)
Riko
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

airguns :) - 12.17.2009, 10:37 AM

since I myself am not a (real) gun freak, I do however start to enjoy the pleasures of BB guns :)
They look like the real think but are fairly innocent compared to the real stuff so a good safe alternative.

In fact there are quit a few Japanse, Taiwanese and some European manufactures of all sorts of weapons that look like the real thing but...just shoot bb :)
Reason is also that firearm are forbidden in most of those countries to own.

From speeds starting around 250 fps to 800fps or more.
All kinds of firearms: Pistols, revolvers, shot guns, assault rifles, sniper riffles, etc

And last week I just bought a KJ Works S&W 1911
http://www.shortyusa.com/airsoft.htm...64.69&CA=&RID=

With blow back system (gives it a great deal of realism) and powerd by Co2, wich is generally more powerfull than normal gas powered guns.

I'm even thinking about buying another Co2 powerd handgun such as the famous James Bond sidearm (and also more notoriously used by the Nazi's) the Walther PPK/S.
Cause it has such a slick looking design.
http://www.4komma5.de:80/Walther-PPK...-P18-Co2-Waffe

Are there any airgun lovers on the board and if so, what guns or riffles do you all own?
Do you join tactical clubs (like in paint ball) or just for fun in your back yard?

I'm curious to know.

Riko

You've been hit by, you've been struck by a smooth criminal
  Send a message via MSN to Riko  
Old
  (#2)
Unsullied_Spy
RC-Monster Titanium

12.17.2009, 01:42 PM

I play airsoft in the woods around here with friends, but don't own my own airsoft gun. I'd rather borrow one from someone and spend that money on a real one It's good fun, but you can really only play with people that are honorable enough to call their own outs otherwise you have to get right on top of them and hold the trigger down until they finally call their own out Also, it's best to wear a full face mask as these things can easily knock teeth out or fly into an open mouth and cause serious tissue damage and I find it very hard to breathe through my mask so running between cover all the time has me constantly winded.

Do you have a better alternative for a face mask? I have a plastic full-coverage mask and can't breathe worth a damn through it.

All I ever wanted was an honest weeks pay for an honest days work.
  Send a message via AIM to Unsullied_Spy Send a message via MSN to Unsullied_Spy  
Old
  (#3)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

12.17.2009, 03:16 PM

Check out Arnies airsoft- lots of discussions about face masks & alternatives, and links to retailers; I'm digging the homemade ones- custom made to fit your face perfectly & have mesh over the mouths and eyes to improve airflow.

Im TriggerHappyChappy over there :)
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#4)
Riko
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.17.2009, 06:48 PM

lol

ow, I did some searching on the net and those assault rifles look bad as, the AEG ones.
But those stock fps of max 450 seems a but dull :) and I've seen some online shops that sell custom AEG rifles wich are upgraded, and one shop in Hawai even goes up to + 700 fps
But they only ship to the us

Are there any other custom shops (preferably in europe) that do custom AEG's? :)

Old
  (#5)
Duster_360

12.17.2009, 07:32 PM

I use an RWS model 75 Olympic grade air rifle for Marksmanship training. It keeps my skills sharp for the standing and prone positions in competition. I shoot prone outside at 10m on a pretty challenging target into a pellet trap. This is a dual piston type air rifle and the sound it makes is not recognized as anything associated with a gun so I've never had any trouble using it. I've had it for yrs and yrs and its shoots like new. Don't think they make it any more.

This one came with a 5 shot 10m test target from RWS that was one hole.

I have another air rifle that I started training with when I 1st started competing, an RWS model 45 thats much faster, was claimed to be 1000fps. Over my chronograph, it averaged 990fps shooting RWS pellets. It took about 6months and I actually got better than the rifle would let me shoot and I bought the Mod 75. Use the Mod 45 for 'pest' control now.

Old
  (#6)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

12.17.2009, 11:22 PM

I pick off squirrels now and then with my Gammo CFX. Got a little 625 fps 12 shot semi-auto CO2 pellet rifle, too - fun little gun, but basically just pisses the squirrels off(makes them dance), so I only pick off chipmonks with it. The CFX is a bit heavy, but it is accurate and quite powerful (will shoot clean through the varments). The CO2 rifle is super light and surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot, but only the 1st clip has enough nut to knock anything down(good for maybe 36-48 shots of target practice with a CO2 cartridge - first 12 shots have decent zip).

Old
  (#7)
Snipin_Willy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.18.2009, 12:04 AM

I shot an innocent bird in my backyard once with a daisy BB fun. I had mixed feelings about the incident.

I'm not much of a airsoft or pellet gun type of person but I've been getting back into paintball after taking a 4-year long break. I plan on going to D-Day Oklahoma scenario game 2010.

Old
  (#8)
Riko
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.18.2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-Monster Mike View Post
I pick off squirrels now and then with my Gammo CFX. Got a little 625 fps 12 shot semi-auto CO2 pellet rifle, too - fun little gun, but basically just pisses the squirrels off(makes them dance), so I only pick off chipmonks with it. The CFX is a bit heavy, but it is accurate and quite powerful (will shoot clean through the varments). The CO2 rifle is super light and surprisingly accurate and easy to shoot, but only the 1st clip has enough nut to knock anything down(good for maybe 36-48 shots of target practice with a CO2 cartridge - first 12 shots have decent zip).
625 fps
is that stock? or did you do some upgrades to it?

Old
  (#9)
suicideneil

12.18.2009, 09:17 AM

Main reason for the ~400fps limit is because people skirmish with them (shoot each other in wargame scenareos); if you have a higher speed, they become classed as firearms (in the Uk atleast), as they are full auto capable in many cases, plus anything much over 1J of power can be 'lethal' if you are shot in the face (eye). If you just want a high powered fun gun/ sniper rifle, thats what proper airguns are for really; Im rockin a RWS series 500+, .177 calibre monster:

and my target airpistol, a Weihrauch HW75:

Old
  (#10)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

12.18.2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideneil View Post
if you have a higher speed, they become classed as firearms (in the Uk atleast), as they are full auto capable in many cases, plus anything much over 1J of power can be 'lethal' if you are shot in the face (eye).
I know in Michigan .177 cal air rifles are not considered firearms, but any air rifles larger than .177 (.22 or .25 cal) are considered firearms.

Old
  (#11)
Riko
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

12.18.2009, 11:51 AM

hmm I am doing some research about Gas Blow Back rifles (no AEG's) and seeking to get a M16 that can handle at least 500fps. (more than that could really damage internals I've read a lot)

anybody knows stores that make custom upgrades of gas rifles?

Old
  (#12)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

12.18.2009, 01:07 PM

Speaking of this, what would be the best solution to keep the neighbors dogs (3 of them) off my yard? They constantly "mark their territory" and crap all over the place. I call the cops and they just never show up, and even if they did, by the time they mosey their way over, the dogs are long gone and it's just my word against the hick neighbor's.

Anyway, I want something that can hurt, but not kill, these animals. Something that won't break the skin, but if pelted with enough of them, the dogs will get the hint. I killed a dog a while back while riding my bike on the street. It kept biting at my heels and I got angry andput too much force into the kick (tried to compensate for the lack of power from a seated position). The dog flew and didn't get back up; all while the ower was watching. I did warn them a number of times. I felt bad about that since it was really the owner's fault, not the dog.

I don't want to spend a ton of cash, just something easy/fast to use that isn't lethal, yet gives them the message.
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG  
Old
  (#13)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

12.18.2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riko View Post
625 fps
is that stock? or did you do some upgrades to it?
Stock - "up to 625 fps". Only about a $60 gun IIRC. It is a great little plinker and gets more use than the CFX.

Brian - a BB gun would fun for the job(get a little fully automatic one!).

I bought both of mine at http://www.airgundepot.com/

Old
  (#14)
Rivermaxx
RC-Monster Aluminum

12.18.2009, 05:06 PM

Any recomendations for good pellet gun for around $100. I had a winchester 1000x and it worked pretty good. I gave it too my son and would like to get another one.

Old
  (#15)
suicideneil

12.19.2009, 12:06 AM

Brian- any cheapy AEG will do fine, something small like an mp5k or uzi would be handy (easily concealed and less obvious to anyone watching). I'd suggest a quickl look through the retailer lists on Arnies airsoft. Airsoft guns as such sting when you are hit, but its rare that they will break the skin- only at very very close range and/or with a highly upgraded gun. Failing that; Blackwidow...

Rivermaxx- I would look for something like a Daisy repeater rifle or something similar, plenty of cheap airguns out there for backyard fun.