RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Revo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#16)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

05.01.2011, 07:50 PM

LST diffs and 2-3300mah 5s packs in parraelle, ben rockin this set up for 8-9months and recently maintinanced the diffs and they're still looking great.

The LST/XXL is THE best basher IMO but the Revo does handle 10X better

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#17)
josh9mille
RC-Monster Aluminum

05.01.2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman465 View Post
http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/pict...&pictureid=837 Will Race Your Revo Any Day See Ya lol!! I won't even see you in my rear view lol!!
well isnt that just special.....

Built Ford tough, with Chevy stuff.

Old
  (#18)
superman465
RC-Monster Stock

05.02.2011, 01:41 AM

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/pict...&pictureid=859 My Revo Conversion Hot!!

Last edited by superman465; 05.02.2011 at 01:42 AM.

Old
  (#19)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

05.02.2011, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Stop trying to hijack the thread. If you want to post pics of your truck start your own thread to do so.

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#20)
superman465
RC-Monster Stock

05.02.2011, 01:45 AM

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/pict...&pictureid=861

Old
  (#21)
superman465
RC-Monster Stock

05.02.2011, 01:46 AM

Don't Hate!! LOL!!

Old
  (#22)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

05.02.2011, 01:49 AM

Don't hijack the thread.

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#23)
superman465
RC-Monster Stock

05.02.2011, 01:54 AM

Ok Just Had To Show Off The Toys

Old
  (#24)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

05.02.2011, 12:44 PM

@SM456, 5 needless posts(6 including this one) having to do with nothing pertaining to the thread ?

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#25)
FUNBOSS

08.14.2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
@SM456, 5 needless posts(6 including this one) having to do with nothing pertaining to the thread ?
Hi all,

My erbe has been a shelf queen for some time now. I'm waiting for some, anyone or anything to come out and rescue the erbe's weak diff. I've upgraded to aluminum cup, aluminum diff case, upgraded to AVID ceramic bearings and gone through countless clutches to keep the drive train alive. Yes, I'm running 6S...that's what its advertised to run 65+mph etc etc. But it just doesn't hold up to the use (NOT abuse) of 6S.

So now I'm thinking of going back to nitro, miss the sound, smell...dare I say, less power??! Durability is what I'm after and YES 4 or even 3S is an option, but then that's not why I purchased the ERBE. I was sold on the power and that's what I love. Not the countless diff's that get eaten like tic tacs almost each run.

Case in point, each time i head out for some bashing with my friends (they all run Savage's) and occasionally I give them the roost and show of power. What they hand me back in return is a sub erbe handling monster truck that keeps running fill after fill. That's beginning to sound like the better trade off for me, going back to nitro or on to a more durable rig.

I'm just down on this thing, starting to feel as though I made the wrong choice, spent a TON of money for upgrades and spares. Not to mention all the wrenching time. I just want to play for once without being sidelined. Help me out fellas, any diff upgrades on the horizon (not lst2), step down to 4s, go back to nitro or take my loses and buy another more durable nitro MT?

Help, I've been here too many times

Old
  (#26)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.14.2011, 09:35 PM

savage flux, not many diff worries (just a bearing that goes occasionally) and you'll have a savage with the same power that the erbe has!
Nitro is decent too.....but electric is better ;)

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#27)
superman465
RC-Monster Stock

08.14.2011, 11:32 PM

I got rid of my revo love my flux best basher ever lol!

Old
  (#28)
FUNBOSS

08.15.2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I got rid of my revo love my flux best basher ever lol!
Really, should i jump ship? Here is the response I got immediately i got from traxxsucks ass .com to my vent...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ove-any-more-(

Here is what the "Marshal" had to say to my last post, he closed the thread.
Well then, there are your options:
1. go 4S or 5S and stay with the handing;
2. go nitro and stay with the handling;
3. go with the other vehicle and be unsatisfied with the handling.

Whichever path you choose, it's not a great idea to pop back onto a forum after 4 months and immediately start what some would consider trolling and spreading lies -or at best half-truths.

Old
  (#29)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

08.15.2011, 01:35 AM

you made a traxxas questioning post at the traxxas forums? surprised you didn't get BANNED.

I'll admit I'm sure the savage does not handle as well as the revo. But they are monster trucks....have you seen the real things? I would hardly call them graceful, lol.
If you want something that is tough, but can still drive competitively get a brushless truggy. If you want something to beat on with your friends in a field when they are all running savages, get a savage. You can trade for parts and borrow from each other and what not.

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#30)
FUNBOSS

08.15.2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainanator View Post
you made a traxxas questioning post at the traxxas forums? surprised you didn't get BANNED.

I'll admit I'm sure the savage does not handle as well as the revo. But they are monster trucks....have you seen the real things? I would hardly call them graceful, lol.
If you want something that is tough, but can still drive competitively get a brushless truggy. If you want something to beat on with your friends in a field when they are all running savages, get a savage. You can trade for parts and borrow from each other and what not.
Yah, I know. I guess I felt like I wanted to expose others to the truth...even for a short time. Initially, I was going to buy a savage 4.6 based on what i read, but I ended up going for a erbe. I thought it should be able to handle what "I" would throw at it. Which meant, nothing comparred to what my friends were throwing at their savages. I thought they were almost abusing them. But they would take it! Granted, they were nitros and not electric. I have not seen a savage flux nor do i know if it handles the torque of 6s.

The erbe seemed to fit the bill for a "truggy" type truck with a ton of configuration ability. That's what I wanted, or was looking for, a monster truck type truggy able to bash with the savage. i don't care to rase it, that's the role of high end buggies...i just want to get out there and have some fun, a stress relief with some friends. A hobby!

Sorry guy's....I'm pissed man! I spent alot (over 2k) on my erbe to keep it on the playing field and all I seem to manage is a few (less than 3min) with them. I was warned and now I'm eating their words. Its not like my friends are being rude about it at all, I just feel that traxxas hasn't addressed the weak points as well as HPi has. Now do I just dump the erbe and jump ship to a flux and rebuild all the spare parts list etc? I know the flux will break as well, its to be expected. I just don't want to spend another xxx amount to.....you know the drill.

Ughhh, any suggestions on a "truggy" type rc car I can buy that will handle some rough stuff and keep together for some lipo charges? or is there a erbe diff upgrade (please lsd upgrade) coming or available? Help....I'm about to shelf it for good and I really don't want to.