RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old
  (#61)
_dV
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 233
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
04.03.2010, 09:33 PM

Th BP diffs don't make it easy to get an appropriate gear reduction. In my center diff conversion i'm going to try BPs + 46 spur + 16-17 pinion + Tekin 1350kV + 5s
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#62)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering
 
Bondonutz's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hot as Hell West Central Coast Florida
04.05.2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dV View Post
Th BP diffs don't make it easy to get an appropriate gear reduction. In my center diff conversion i'm going to try BPs + 46 spur + 16-17 pinion + Tekin 1350kV + 5s
Do you know the gearing of the BP diffs, If not I'll go look for it. Thanks.


I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#63)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
04.05.2010, 03:22 PM

29/9

Not very far off from the 43/13 of the standard ones, i.e. 3.2 vs 3.3.

1350 on 5S might be a tad low in the rpm department. I'm looking at going with the 1.5y wind 1800 CN for a center diff conversion and like a 50/13 (could go with a 46/12 too) for target of about 45 with ProLine Badlands.

Good source of info.
http://scriptasylum.com

Also I should note that truggy diffs should probably drop right in with some shimming. I didn't fully test it, but I dropped in my RC8T diffs into the Savage bulkhead and with some minor shimming it rolled true. Didn't do anything to check the bevel gear for fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
Do you know the gearing of the BP diffs, If not I'll go look for it. Thanks.

Last edited by thzero; 04.05.2010 at 03:27 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#64)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering
 
Bondonutz's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 3,634
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hot as Hell West Central Coast Florida
04.05.2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
29/9

Not very far off from the 43/13 of the standard ones, i.e. 3.2 vs 3.3.

1350 on 5S might be a tad low in the rpm department. I'm looking at going with the 1.5y wind 1800 CN for a center diff conversion and like a 50/13 (could go with a 46/12 too) for target of about 45 with ProLine Badlands.

Good source of info.
http://scriptasylum.com

Also I should note that truggy diffs should probably drop right in with some shimming. I didn't fully test it, but I dropped in my RC8T diffs into the Savage bulkhead and with some minor shimming it rolled true. Didn't do anything to check the bevel gear for fitting.
AH, I see BrianG's new version of his page and it's awesome. I also had no idea he's added the BP diffs to the speed calc,sweet.
Thanks !


I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#65)
_dV
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber
 
Offline
Posts: 233
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
04.05.2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
1350 on 5S might be a tad low in the rpm department.
If i plug my values into (using the 1350kV motor, 17 pinion) Brian G's calc i get 51.98 mph (83.5 km/h) which is in the ballpark for 5s. Definitely enough rpm for top speed. Are there any other issues with slower motors?

I wanted to stay away from smaller pinions so i have just opted for a larger one but with a slower motor.

I did consider truggy diffs but thought i would try this first. They would make it possible to use a faster motor and a decent sized pinion but i'd like to try and avoid the extra cost. With Vorza\RC8 heavy duty spiral diffs (43/10) i could use a 46 spur, 19 pinion and 1550kV for 49.99 mph (80.29 km/h)

Last edited by _dV; 04.05.2010 at 07:07 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#66)
thzero
RC-Monster Aluminum
 
Offline
Posts: 800
Join Date: Oct 2009
04.05.2010, 07:28 PM

Other item to consider is that is some pretty serious rollout. Be interesting to see what your temps of your esc/battery/motor are.

Btw, the RC8 diffs are 43/13s just like the standard Savage so you wouldn't really gain anything from switching to those. Looks as if the Vorza (and D8), after looking at the manual, and RC8T are 43/10 diffs would give you more gear reduction. Although most truggy diffs, including the Vorza/D8, their bevel gear is attached to a cvd joint instead of just a dogbone. Someone suggested to me in another thread about the amongst other truggies... someone recommended the HotBodies/HPI Lightning Stadium Pro to me as they attach to dogbones, not CVDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dV View Post
If i plug my values into (using the 1350kV motor, 17 pinion) Brian G's calc i get 51.98 mph (83.5 km/h) which is in the ballpark for 5s. Definitely enough rpm for top speed. Are there any other issues with slower motors?

I wanted to stay away from smaller pinions so i have just opted for a larger one but with a slower motor.

I did consider truggy diffs but thought i would try this first. They would make it possible to use a faster motor and a decent sized pinion but i'd like to try and avoid the extra cost. With Vorza\RC8 heavy duty spiral diffs (43/10) i could use a 46 spur, 19 pinion and 1550kV for 49.99 mph (80.29 km/h)

Last edited by thzero; 04.05.2010 at 07:36 PM.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#67)
rtoc
RC-Monster Stock
 
Offline
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2010
04.08.2010, 02:14 AM

From the pics, it doesn't appear that Flux boxes are mountable this with kit. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

It's a bummer that the rear support of the motor mount does not fit with larger motors. Have anyone of you had motor movement from bad crashes or landings?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#68)
Nard Cox
n00b
 
Offline
Posts: 519
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
04.08.2010, 04:27 AM

Confirmed. That's the + for my of this kit, no more annoying battery boxes but the LiPo nice and safe inside the TVP's. You might be able to mod it to fit the battery box though.

No motor movement here, steady as a rock.


Mugen MBX6Te RCM + Mugen MBX6e RCM + Savage Flux XL FLM + MERV all with Spectrum DX3S || WTS&WTB
  Send a message via MSN to Nard Cox  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#69)
rtoc
RC-Monster Stock
 
Offline
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2010
04.11.2010, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the info.

I don't really like the idea of dremeling up an expensive brand new kit.

Where would I buy replacement center drive shafts?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#70)
suicideneil
Old Skool
 
suicideneil's Avatar
 
Offline
Posts: 7,494
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Devon, England
04.12.2010, 04:42 PM

Mike custom makes driveshafts, there should be a listng in the rc-m shop.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#71)
rtoc
RC-Monster Stock
 
Offline
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2010
04.19.2010, 03:59 PM

Are there any other reliable places to purchase this kit?

It's out-of-stock at the RCM store. Anyone know how long it takes the owner to restock FLM stuff?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#72)
Nard Cox
n00b
 
Offline
Posts: 519
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
04.19.2010, 05:56 PM

Send Mike an email ;)


Mugen MBX6Te RCM + Mugen MBX6e RCM + Savage Flux XL FLM + MERV all with Spectrum DX3S || WTS&WTB
  Send a message via MSN to Nard Cox  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#73)
Nard Cox
n00b
 
Offline
Posts: 519
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
04.22.2010, 06:39 AM

Made a small jumping video again for anyone who might be interested. it's my Flux XL together with my RC8Te.



Mugen MBX6Te RCM + Mugen MBX6e RCM + Savage Flux XL FLM + MERV all with Spectrum DX3S || WTS&WTB
  Send a message via MSN to Nard Cox  
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#74)
rtoc
RC-Monster Stock
 
Offline
Posts: 13
Join Date: Feb 2010
04.22.2010, 12:32 PM

Beautiful house you have there.

That pond is a little too close for comfort.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#75)
Nard Cox
n00b
 
Offline
Posts: 519
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
04.22.2010, 12:36 PM

I still live with mommy and daddy but yeah, it's not bad :)

On the end when the dog is chasing it gets pretty close huh. The night after this I even dreamd (or actually it was more of a nightmare) that I jumped the flux in the middel of the pond, not funny !

Man was I relieved to see my Flux nice and dry that morning after.


Mugen MBX6Te RCM + Mugen MBX6e RCM + Savage Flux XL FLM + MERV all with Spectrum DX3S || WTS&WTB
  Send a message via MSN to Nard Cox  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



RC Monster




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com