RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Fastlane Machine

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#331)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.27.2011, 11:37 PM

well I think I'm going to try to finish my original Emaxx (3908). I have UE diff covers, FLM bulkheads (regular) and RPM arms that I will use (Tru-track rears). I'm going to use the Traxxas metal CVD's that I have until they break. I will use FLM stock dog bones. I'm going to do dual servo savers (stock plastic ones) on this truck as well. I also will use the red anodized Traxxas trunbuckles, and the red anodized 17mm traxxas hexes that I was going to use on my full Metal Maxx. I'm going to use the stock transmission, I'm going to take it apart to make sure everything is perfect, and I'm going to use Gorilla Snawt grease on the gears. I'm also going to use the heavy duty anodized slipper clutch . I just need to pick up a used MMM 2200kv motor and ESC on ebay. I also just got my "free" Futaba receiver that I got for buying the 4 PKS. So I should be good to go. I won't do a build thread on this one , but I will post pics from time to time. This should be a real good basher!!!!

Old
  (#332)
thirdcliff
RC-Monster Stock

10.29.2011, 02:47 PM

Sounds like a pretty sweet second truck! You should start another build thread for that project.

Hey Mike, I just ordered my slipperential and UCD mount and I already got the Ofna 131mm and the Duratrax 83mm center shafts. I was going to see if you could measure the holes where you mounted the UCD mount onto the center skid plate for me, so I could use the same center shafts? (Pretty Please!!) Also, do I need to contact Monster Mike about obtaining the right length upper bracket for the UCD mount? As I noticed you had problems with fitting the slipperential into the UCD mount on page 3.

Any help here will get me going a little smoother. Thanks in advance, and I am going to start my build soon and hope to finish over the winter time while work is slow.

Last edited by thirdcliff; 10.29.2011 at 03:00 PM.

Old
  (#333)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.29.2011, 07:54 PM

Hey cliff,
here you go. Keep in mind that I used the FLM center skid plate, and the measurements are from the center of the holes to the first edge of the plate, (there is a beveled edge) not the very edge of the plate. The template that came with my motor mount must have been for an older version of the motor mount as the holes did not line up to my assembled mount. I assembled the mount and made my own template. I'm not going to do a full build thread, but I will post some pics along the way. Good to know your starting your build. As far as the top plate I think mike had some top plates go out that were the wrong size. If you have the Slipper assembled it should fit in it with no play. If does not sit in it right then let Mike know. Are you using the FLM chassis? if so pay attention to where I notched the frame. You will have to do the same if you want to use the same length drive shafts. Have fun and if you have any questions I will help any way that I can.
Mike.

Last edited by cmac; 10.30.2011 at 01:33 AM.

Old
  (#334)
thirdcliff
RC-Monster Stock

10.31.2011, 02:51 AM

Thanks for the help CMAC! I will be using the FLM center skid and chassis as well, so I will have to notch the chassis for sure.

Big thanks for the pic and the dimensions. I haven't ordered my center skid plate yet so when I get it I will make sure I am reading the dimensions properly.

So the slipperential comes with a couple drive cups (8mm, I believe). But are you using a couple of these (in 8mm size) to connect to the 13 tooth gear shaft for the center shafts/dogbones to fit into?
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...RCM8mmdrivecup

Old
  (#335)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.31.2011, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdcliff View Post
Thanks for the help CMAC! I will be using the FLM center skid and chassis as well, so I will have to notch the chassis for sure.

Big thanks for the pic and the dimensions. I haven't ordered my center skid plate yet so when I get it I will make sure I am reading the dimensions properly.

So the slipperential comes with a couple drive cups (8mm, I believe). But are you using a couple of these (in 8mm size) to connect to the 13 tooth gear shaft for the center shafts/dogbones to fit into?
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...RCM8mmdrivecup
Yes I did use both drive cups ,(8mm? I'm not sure either) on the Slipper.

Old
  (#336)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.01.2011, 12:07 AM

Does anyone have any experience with this housing? Will it work with my stock Brushless emaxx transmission gears?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RDLogics-E-M...item45eb8a86fc

Yes
Old
  (#337)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Yes - 11.01.2011, 03:00 AM

Yes that is a 3905 tranny case, which is the newer version of the EMaxx. It looks like a nice alternative for the stock plastic tranny case.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#338)
suicideneil
Old Skool

11.01.2011, 11:59 AM

Seen a couple guys using those- no complaints & it does look rather nice- acts like a giant heatsink for the motor too which is... cool

Old
  (#339)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.01.2011, 11:14 PM

So I think I might have told you guys that I bought UE diff cases and UE spider six gears around Sept. I had some time to pull the diff cases apart and to my surprise.... diff's are definitely not UE spider six diffs or Ofna six diff's. Man I'm pissed!!!!! I'm passed the 45 day mark so my chances for resolution
is slim to none. I was able to talk to an Ebay rep and was able to open a case on him so I hope something can be done. I can't believe that this has happened to me. Oh well you live and you learn.

Old
  (#340)
suicideneil
Old Skool

11.02.2011, 02:19 PM

Got a picture?

Doubt you'll get much luck unless the guy you bought them from was misinformed as to what he had purchased originally and decides to help you out, otherwise there is nothing you can do to get your money back via paypal past the 45 day mark. That's why you have to check these things over as soon as you get them rather than tossing them to one side for a couple months before getting round to using them...

Old
  (#341)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.02.2011, 02:46 PM

I know that now. I did not even know about the 45 day mark before this. I do now,& this will be never happen to me again!!!

Lessons learned
Old
  (#342)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Lessons learned - 11.02.2011, 03:21 PM

When you play long enough in this hobby all of us gets burned at one time or another. Unfortunately we all have to learn through experiences created on Ebay, craigs list, or even on these forums sometimes. Chalk it up to just that, a learning experience and remember this guy and share who it was on whatever forums you visit on a regular basis to help keep the rest of us from suffering the same fait. Such is life.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Last edited by JERRY2KONE; 11.03.2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: SPELLING

Old
  (#343)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.03.2011, 05:03 AM

Jerry I'm going to take the high road on this. You or any member feel free to PM me, and I will give you his name.

Last edited by cmac; 11.03.2011 at 05:04 AM.

Please
Old
  (#344)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

Please - 11.03.2011, 09:51 AM

Please understand I am not poking fun at you. Your trying to take an ethical tact with this, when the guy has already been unethical with the way he dealt with you. If someone suckers me with a bad deal for whatever the reason I give them one chance to rethink their position and fix the problem. If the matter does not get resolved to your satisfaction or he does not at the very least live up to the advertised item, then it is time to bring them out into the open and warn everyone else about dealing with this guy. Its guys like this who helped us create the word ethical, because of their shameful attitude. Don't let him off the hook because you want to be a nice guy. He took your money and is laughing in your face, because he got away with a dirty deal.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#345)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.03.2011, 11:11 AM

His name is supersport657 out of AB Canada.