RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > GorillaMaxx

Old
  (#91)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 05:35 AM

As you can see from the pic below, I have the steel rod in as far as it can go towards the slipper:

But no matter what I do, I can stop the fins rubbing here:

Old
  (#92)
ruudxd
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 07:34 AM

You seem to have some extra space on the shaft, can't you shim it forward just a tad?
I would shoot Tower an email indeed, asking if they can make a picture of the parts in the bag.

Old
  (#93)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.13.2015, 11:52 AM

We used to trim the fins from the back of the slipper during the installation - Rene, being the thorough guy he is, likely mentioned it somewhere in the build. This was intentional to minimize overhang, but also to allow ample clearance to the mount(dimensions are driven by the Gorilla chassis), which is very close(mount is machined to fit around the input shaft as well, while allowing room for the adjustment wrench). There should be enough room on the shaft to simply slide it a little to allow clearance, but grinding the fins was part of the plan from the onset.

Old
  (#94)
RC-Monster Mike
Site Owner

11.13.2015, 11:56 AM

Also, you are installing it onto a G1, which has slightly more room(braces are slightly different and the mount piece is slightly rearward vs the G2 braces) - you will have no clearance issue if you simply move the shaft rearward as ruudxd mentioned without grinding the fins.

Old
  (#95)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 06:41 PM

Yeah nice one. You know when you are looking at something wrong, you know you are, but still can't figure it out. That was me yesterday lol. I like the clean look of Rene's having grinded the fins completely down. That will be my plan of attack today. Cheers guys!

Old
  (#96)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 08:00 PM

Sometimes you just need to sleep on it. I was tired before I started working on the Slipperential last night, got up this morning and it is now complete.

Last edited by DarkSammy; 11.13.2015 at 10:00 PM.

Old
  (#97)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 10:02 PM

I think because my G1 rails are a little different to the G2 rails, I needed to shave less than 1mm from the Motor Mount to get a good fit. 30 seconds with the dremel fixed this right up tho:

Test fit the diff and Houson, we have Slipperential!

Old
  (#98)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 10:04 PM

Old
  (#99)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 10:10 PM

Old
  (#100)
DarkSammy
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.13.2015, 10:13 PM

SO, a very big THANK YOU going out to Mike for this run of parts, I appreciate it, and a lot of other guys have also contacted me directly to stress their appreciation too.

Guys, if you encounter any problems and concerns when building your Slipperentials, hopefully my pics above are of help, but please do not be shy in posting up any questions you have. I'm here to help! ;-)

Sammy

Old
  (#101)
ThievingScouser
RC-Monster Stock

10.25.2016, 02:21 PM

Oh no.....I missed this!!! :(

Thinking these were forever gone from the shelves I've had an ebay search on "slipperential" since forever trying to get one of these! It's been sending me buggies but never a maxx related auction.

My gorillamaxx project has been boxed up in storage since I separated from my ex in 2007. Living all over the world since then (England, Canada, Ireland, Spain, India), I'm now (finally!) settled in Canada, very happily married and moving to our new house with my wife in a months time. (Some stability at last!)

I started to think about resurrecting this project, and just discovered this thread! :/

Mike, on the very rare chance that there's a test cut of one of these lying in a parts drawer somewhere, unpolished & beaten up, I'll give it a loving home! :)

Old
  (#102)
tinuss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.26.2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThievingScouser View Post
Oh no.....I missed this!!! :(

Thinking these were forever gone from the shelves I've had an ebay search on "slipperential" since forever trying to get one of these! It's been sending me buggies but never a maxx related auction.

My gorillamaxx project has been boxed up in storage since I separated from my ex in 2007. Living all over the world since then (England, Canada, Ireland, Spain, India), I'm now (finally!) settled in Canada, very happily married and moving to our new house with my wife in a months time. (Some stability at last!)

I started to think about resurrecting this project, and just discovered this thread! :/

Mike, on the very rare chance that there's a test cut of one of these lying in a parts drawer somewhere, unpolished & beaten up, I'll give it a loving home! :)

There are still a few of these around on people's wall's .... :)
U should be able to find a set .

If not u could always sell me the Gmaxx....

Welcome back !!

Old
  (#103)
ThievingScouser
RC-Monster Stock

10.26.2016, 02:23 PM

:) thanks, I'll post pics of the project once I get the man-cave setup at the house. IIRC there was just the tranny and batts needed to complete it.

Then see if someone will part with those mounts! <3

Sorry, the G's not for sale

Old
  (#104)
tinuss
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

10.27.2016, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThievingScouser View Post
:) thanks, I'll post pics of the project once I get the man-cave setup at the house. IIRC there was just the tranny and batts needed to complete it.

Then see if someone will part with those mounts! <3

Sorry, the G's not for sale

lol yeah was just messing with ya....

The Gmaxx is still a sexy kit ... not rare but very sexy and makes a nice build
Be sure to post pics yes

Old
  (#105)
ThievingScouser
RC-Monster Stock

10.27.2016, 10:49 AM

Think this guy is being a little ambitious
http://www.ebay.com/itm/gorillamaxx-...o/252503024921