RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

AR-15 Rifles
Old
  (#1)
Fast5sRevo88

AR-15 Rifles - 11.21.2009, 07:21 PM

I know, i know, this is a brushless forum, but i'm building a flattop 24" AR rifle for hunting a precision shooting. Does anyone else own one here? Pics and part lists would be cool to see.

Old
  (#2)
jnev
RC-Monster Brushless

11.21.2009, 10:19 PM

I don't own one, but have been wanting to build one for a good bit of time now. Do you know of any good forums specifically for the AR15's?

Old
  (#3)
J57ltr
RC-Monster Aluminum

11.22.2009, 01:17 PM

ar15.com is one. There are a couple of other sites as well. I never really got into the ar-15 but had a blast modifying the Ruger MarkII pistol and 10-22 rifle. David the guy I went shooting with built an Ar and spent about $450 on parts. It shoots pretty well but doesn't have a match barrel or anything.

Jeff

The Warnings & Cautions discussed in this manual cant cover all possible conditions/situations. It must be understood that common sense and caution are factors which cant be built into this product.

Old
  (#4)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.22.2009, 01:40 PM

Well, I have built a few in the last couple of months. Do not buy from blackthorne, that guy sells junk...

I have some dpms parts and they look as nice as the bushmaster stuff. Mine were built from kits, so the uppers were assembled, I only had to put the lower together. Very easy to do, you just need a decent punch set. See what r guns have, best prices on dpms stuff I have seen, way cheaper than gunbroker.

Currently selling a bushmaster/olympic ar15, m4 style if anyone is interested...

Old
  (#5)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

11.22.2009, 01:57 PM

100% agree w/Bushmaster products but I'm not help with anything match/target related.

I'm more concerned w/home defense.

I retired from RC, now life is all about guns and long range shooting.

Old
  (#6)
Fast5sRevo88

11.22.2009, 03:18 PM

AR-15.com does have alot of info and pics on it, but joining is a PITA, i'm supposedly a member there, but i had trouble logging in and when i emailed them to help me out, i got shot down and they seemed like they refused to believe that i was a member. I bought a DPMS upper and a Spike's Tactical lower. I plan to put a Magpul PRS stock on it. I also want to put me a Nikon on it. And after thinking about it, after deer season i may buy a 18" SPR barrel and put on it or send my 24" to Ballistic Advantage and get it cut shorter and turned down to .750 gas-block forward. I also want a larue tactical 13.2 handguard if it will fit over the gas block, i know it will fit over a .750 gasblock, but i don't know if the .922 can be milled down enough for that.

Old
  (#7)
HomeGrown
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

11.22.2009, 03:32 PM

all this talk of guns.. i should bust out my CO2 powered Daisy 16 BB clip BB GUN WHAT watch out kitties!!.. but really tho.. i need a 9MM or a 45.. Home Defense is a must!! i believe a AR15 would be a bit overboard with a 2 year old running about i could just imagine if he found that.. lawdie!!

BL Pede, Integy aluminum steering linkages, aluminum shock caps, RPM camber links.
Never Replace Always Upgrade!

Old
  (#8)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.22.2009, 05:08 PM

40 cal is a good defense round, I have a few guns in 40 and they are my favorites. 9mm is a bit tamer, but will still do the job. 9 used to be the cheapest pistol round, and I bought alot of guns that shoot it for that reason...

45 is a great man stopper, but requires a bit more training to master. No point buying much else other than a 1911 to shoot 45, IMO. And 1911 guns seem to command a high price these days.

Old
  (#9)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

11.22.2009, 05:49 PM

+1 on the .45.
I have a couple 1911's (love'm) and a older Para P14 thats my primary weapon. Very heavy but I don't carry it on my person I have a Para PXT Slim Hawg in .45 for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	securedownload.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	8009   Click image for larger version

Name:	rshsrh.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	8010  

Old
  (#10)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

11.22.2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
i believe a AR15 would be a bit overboard with a 2 year old running about i could just imagine if he found that.. lawdie!!
Heh, suprising how many homeowners & parents leave their weapons lying around in silly places, like a cupboard draw or wardrobe that is easily accessed by small children rummaging around looking for 'toys' (or by angry little kids who's brother beat them at a computer game...).

Keep firearms locked up and the key in a safe place, out of reach of children.

Or dont have kids.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#11)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

11.22.2009, 08:49 PM

Love my Glock 27 (.40 S&W), just got a Ruger MarkII for a competition/target pistol and love that too. 9mm will be next as it's a bit cheaper to shoot than the .40 is. I will go with another glock but a full size version for the 9mm rather than the compact that I have in .40, personally I think Glocks are great guns cause you know they are tried and true and will fire everytime!

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#12)
Unsullied_Spy
RC-Monster Titanium

11.23.2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondonutz View Post
100% agree w/Bushmaster products but I'm not help with anything match/target related.

I'm more concerned w/home defense.
AR-15 for home defense = BAD! Unless you convert it to something other than .223 you are going to have a serious over-penetration problem. It'll go through the guy you're shooting at, through the wall behind him, and keep going a ways.

I have a Bushmaster XM15-E2S, M4 style with the integrated handle, and I absolutely love it. Got about 2,000 rounds through it so far and still in immaculate condition inside and out, showing absolutely no signs of wear or decreasing performance.

I have no idea about modifications, either, mine is totally stock and I love it. Right out of the factory it shoots maybe an inch high at 100 yards and I can peg a soda can at 250 yards with the factory sights, so accurate the thing darn near aims itself.

All I ever wanted was an honest weeks pay for an honest days work.

Last edited by Unsullied_Spy; 11.23.2009 at 03:06 PM.
  Send a message via AIM to Unsullied_Spy Send a message via MSN to Unsullied_Spy  
Old
  (#13)
Bondonutz
Fat Kid Engineering

11.23.2009, 03:36 PM

I hear ya about the .223 for HD, rather rely on the shotty or the .45. I don't wanna kill my neighbors with excessive wall penetration !

I think I remember some of those pics from NitroKillers over a year ago ?

Old
  (#14)
Unsullied_Spy
RC-Monster Titanium

11.23.2009, 03:52 PM

3.5" 00 Buckshot out of a 12 gauge = home defense for those who don't want to shoot twice

Yeah, those pics are just too good to not share every chance I get.

All I ever wanted was an honest weeks pay for an honest days work.
  Send a message via AIM to Unsullied_Spy Send a message via MSN to Unsullied_Spy  
Old
  (#15)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

11.23.2009, 03:59 PM

Steel case ammo in an ar15! OOOOHHHH, I'm tellin!!!!