RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > Support Forums > Buggy

Robitronic Vision 1/8 electric buggy
Old
  (#1)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

Robitronic Vision 1/8 electric buggy - 02.24.2011, 05:41 PM

Really sharp looking buggy. I like the CF "spine" like you see on 1/10 4WD buggies. Would like to get a look at the chassis by itself. Looks like a CF/alloy hybrid. The turnbuckles/tierods look a little thin to me.

http://www.rcbonus.com/news/?p=718

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Last edited by simplechamp; 02.24.2011 at 05:47 PM.

Old
  (#2)
phatmonk
RC carbon junkie

02.24.2011, 06:09 PM

Looks kinda fragile.

SC8-E RCM MMM CC 1717
Slash 4x4 MMP CC SC 2400
SC RC8BE MMP Neu Tekno 1512/2D
Mugen MBX6 Eco MMP Neu Tekno 1515/1.5D

Old
  (#3)
brainanator
RC-Monster Aluminum

02.24.2011, 07:37 PM

wow, it LOOKS nice! but I also think it looks to be kinda flimsy.

OFNA Jammin CRT.5e, Savage Flux HP, MBX5Te, SCX10, Multirotors, foam planes
  Send a message via Yahoo to brainanator Send a message via MSN to brainanator  
Old
  (#4)
lincpimp
Check out my huge box!

02.24.2011, 09:02 PM

Trnbuckles look like 10th buggy parts... m3 threads?

The chassis looks interesting, but I always wonder why they do not laminate plastic and cf or g10 so the plastic can rub on the ground... I guess for what it does the alloy chassis work very well. especially if they have rub plates under the ft and rr diffs.

Old
  (#5)
bdebde
That's All Folks!

02.24.2011, 09:12 PM

I liike it. Any idea when they will be out? The turnbuckles may be fine if it is light enough.

Old
  (#6)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

02.24.2011, 09:40 PM

The turnbuckles/tirerods were definitely one of the first things I noticed, the shock towers look like they have some weak spots too. But damn, it sure is pretty. Also, I don't know if this is just a prototype or what? Production model could be a bit different.

I think the issue often times is that the design of these vehicles is for expert-level drivers. The team drivers get a prototype, and test it for a few months, and then come back to the design team and say, "Durability is great, we haven't broken anything." But in reality a pro-level driver is not a realistic example of who will be driving the kit. They don't spend a whole lot of time smashing into the boards or lawn darting from 20ft up like your average Joe who can't get around the track without a few spills along the way.

Still, looks awesome. I always liked the Robotronic Mantis truggy. You just don't see a whole lot of places carrying the Robotronic line.

Caster Fusion F8T - Serpent 811Be - Jammin X2 carbon e-GT conversion - Axial SCX10

Old
  (#7)
What's_nitro?
Soldermaster Extraordinaire

02.24.2011, 10:26 PM

It does look really light. I'd hesitate to say "fragile" or "flimsy" because CF is neither if used properly. The lighter weight will help it survive any crashes, too.

I'm going to guess the shock towers are 7075? They look to thin to be made from 6061, as it's not very stiff.

Overall I like it. If they make it with blue anodizing maybe I'll buy one.

I am faster than Buzz Lightyear.

Old
  (#8)
el tomaso
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.24.2011, 11:04 PM

This is almost like a bigger 1/10 buggy, which could do quite well if its able to handle some abuse. Many people have told me that a CF 1/10'ish electric 1/8 would be the best design for the track.

I think a few scrathes would ruin those good looks fast. Perfect for the pro's who rarely crash i guess.

I would rather have a converted Losi 810 if I wanted a light 1/8 buggy. But I like my normal 1/8's as they are.

Thomas G

I have the cars that I really wanted before I got them ;-)

Old
  (#9)
Urgeoner
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

02.25.2011, 12:51 AM

Shocks look real beefy...

Old
  (#10)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

02.25.2011, 02:02 AM

Anyone figure out the battery trays/holddowns? To me it looks like a hinge towards the inside of the rear spine. Not sure though?

EDIT: See the post below, one of the features listed is a snap-in battery tray. Definitely interested in that. A quick change battery system would be awesome.

Last edited by simplechamp; 02.25.2011 at 03:07 AM.

Old
  (#11)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

02.25.2011, 03:07 AM

Found more info on the Robitronic website: http://www.robitronic.com/news-reade...sion-1232.html

We have a vision – do you?

Of an 1/8th buggy, custom tailored to brushless technology. From the ground up to every tiny detail, our vision of something, that had never been done before now ... materializes!

Think of an 1/8th scale offroad racer. Competitive to boot, weighing in at around 3kg – race ready, that is! Think of a lightweight composite chassis made from carbon fibre with alloy inlays for heat dissipation. Now, add some radically new design choices, like a completely straightened center driveline and a novel approach to diff bearings for supreme smoothness and minimal wear and tear. Of course, radical must not preclude practical: There are just a few screws and bolts to loosen to fully access the drivetrain.

So much for the work bench, now onto the track: Long a-arms and big bore shocks are essential for supreme offroad handling, whereas the included anti-sway bars add to the tweakability.

Uncompromised lightweight design is a key factor in our vision, turned into a host of carbon fibre, alloy and composite parts. Because less weight not only equals quicker lap times, but also less wear on the tyres and more runtime between pit stops, which in turn are kept as short as possible, due to an elaborated “snap in” battery tray for most 2s hardcase lipos.

As for the body, thanks to the heat management integrated into the chassis plate, airflow can be kept at a minimum – with a bodyshell, that closes tight and keeps dust and debris away.
Just as you would expect by now, the rear skidplate doubles as a diffuser for improved aerodynamics and a rear bumper.

Sounds too good to believe in? Well, be assured, this is not only our vision – but it could be yours too!

Highlight features:
- V-shaped Carbon-Alloy composite chassis
- Lowest possible COG thanks to a sandwich-layer design
- Straight center-driveline for minimal wear
- Radically new diff bearing design for supreme smoothness and zero frictional heat.
- Quick and easy access to the complete drivetrain
- Perfect power transmission from pinion to tyres
- New, efficient ball type CVDs
- Bump-beating Eight Inch a-arms
- Uncompromising lightweight design; race ready at around 3kg
- Heat protection system for the motor
- Fully enclosed chassis
- Rear diffuser skidplate
- Snap-in battery tray

Pretty impressive. I think I may have just found my next buggy!

Last edited by simplechamp; 02.25.2011 at 03:12 AM.

Old
  (#12)
Arct1k
RC-Monster Mod

02.25.2011, 10:21 AM

Work of art.... V V pretty

Old
  (#13)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

02.25.2011, 12:04 PM

I wonder how much all that will cost?

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#14)
simplechamp
RC-Monster Titanium

02.25.2011, 06:07 PM

If I had to guess I'd say $500-600? Robitronic vehicles have usually been pretty reasonably priced, but this definitely is a step up in materials and engineering, so the price will surely reflect that.

Old
  (#15)
reno911
Smelly Nitro meet your maker!

02.26.2011, 04:31 PM

It's different to say the least.

I love anodized aluminum, so in my book this is pretty freaking awesome.

I wouldn't think you would need that big of shocks for something that looks pretty light.

I am not liking the shock ends just chilling in the open right in the front either. That never leads to good things for me at least. You can imagine how fast I snatched up a set of those shock guards for my Slash 4x4 off of the new Pede.