Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old
  (#31)
squeeforever
RC-Monster Mod

11.04.2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
I may be able to get the battery trays for the 1/8 scale chassis, and you need the braces for the racebomb, correct? I should be able to get as many upper and lower lexan plates made as needed.
Alrighty. I'll probably get the braces and the battery trays, and maybe a new lexan lower plate depending on how much it will all cost. PM me when you find out.
  Send a message via AIM to squeeforever  
Old
  (#32)
dtnel

07.31.2011, 04:45 AM

Ok Neil, we need the big how to on how to do the mod with ofna hyper7 diffs and flm hybrid bulkheads all the way down to the oil weight for the front and rear diffs. I had all my subscribed pages deleted by a supermod on that other forum where you can't post links. I think we all should start a all out campaign to get corporate to shed themselves of this supermod that really don't know much more than the rest of us. Anyway any how to's, hints , tips or anything else you think could be helpful as this could be a learning experience. Will the diffs need to be shimmed? If so I'm guessing you have a thread covering that as well

Old
  (#33)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

07.31.2011, 10:14 AM

This thread has all the info you need in the first couple pages.

The hyper diffs are no different to the HB diffs with regards how you swap the shafts, fill the diff cups & shim the pinion gear to set the mesh correctly. Only extra thing you might need to do is use shims on either side of the diff cup to remove any side to side play that is noticeable ( in the output shafts ) once the Hybrid bulks are assembled- I didn't need to personally. Just pretend the Hybrid bulks are the UE diff case, and then the principle is identical.

Oil weight is personal choice to suit your driving style, but generally guys seem to go for 7k front & 5k rear ( I did, pretty generic setup ), 7k / 3k, or 5k / 3k- I'm don't have a great deal of advice to give on what will be the best choices for any given surface or driving style, shock & diff tuning has never been my strong point; talk to some truggy and buggy racers though and they should be able to offer some helpful pointers.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  
Old
  (#34)
cmac
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

09.18.2011, 08:07 PM

Hey Neil,
I just was able to buy a set of UE diffs with the spyder diff gears in it. Will the UE diff cases fit in the regular FLM bulkheads? I'm thinking about swapping the spyder gears for the HB gears in my full metal Emaxx some day down the road. I would like to have the Spyder gears in my high end truck and the HB gears in my plastic basher. I almost have a complete spare truck as I only used the MMM and ESC from my brushless Emaxx. I don't want to have to buy another set of hybrids if I don't have to.
Thanks,
Mike.

Old
  (#35)
suicideneil
They've been naughty boys, havent they Mr. Flibble

09.19.2011, 11:09 AM

Yes, I use the UE Ultralites with regular FLM bulks- the diffs will fit any brand of standard Maxx bulks so no worries there.
  Send a message via MSN to suicideneil  

Tags
bullet proof, diffs, emaxx, hotbodies, unlimited engineering