RC-Monster Forums  
RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Old
  (#46)
georgec
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.18.2010, 06:22 PM

The great state of TN has very similar immigration laws to that of AZ. But IMO they don't go far enough. What is there not to get about illegal?

Last edited by georgec; 05.18.2010 at 06:24 PM.

Old
  (#47)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

05.18.2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBO View Post
Who works in the minimum wage bracket? I'll bet it's not white middle America
This is kind of a broad statement. Coming from a background in construction and manufacturing, I know many white people who work for the same wages as minorities. Of course the middle class isn't in the minimum wage bracket, after all, they are middle class.

I also know from dealing in maintenance and cleaning services that there are certain immigrants who will undercut others and then use underage workers (family usually, kids, grand kids, nieces, nephews, etc) and pay them little to nothing for their work. This is one of those rampant and ignored issues surrounding illegal immigration. I am not talking teens either, I mean children, some as young as 6. I am positive that it happens elsewhere too.

What is worse is the child sex trafficking going on right underneath everyone's noses. Most want to ignore it but I can take you to numerous places in Houston in which this is present. It's not like you have to look hard. People just don't want to admit it, kind of like the Asian Spa's/Massage Parlor's etcetera which are run by organized crime. But hey the politician's get greased by these guys so the issues get ignored. Then there is the drug trafficking issues as well. But hey, these people are just looking for a better life. Spend a little more time with some illegals and you can find out the true stories and not just what many want you to believe.

This is one of the many problems with illegals, it's not just entering the country illegally, it's violating numerous other laws too. It's not like the money recirculates here either, it get's sent back to their home countries.

That is another major factor people do not pay attention to when looking at the entire picture. You get cheaper labor on the front end but the unseen costs eat you alive. There is a lot more to look at than just the "face value" of the issue.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Last edited by TexasSP; 05.18.2010 at 07:40 PM.

Old
  (#48)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

05.18.2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
This is kind of a broad statement
It was a rhetorical question

It's also a significant difference between Australia & the US (no need to flame me I'm not saying the Australian wages structure is better or the US is worse) that does stand out as a contributing factor to illegal immigration for the US

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Old
  (#49)
TexasSP
Something, anything, nothing

05.18.2010, 07:50 PM

No flaming here, just a discussion.

Sorry I live in Texas so the issue is near and dear to my heart. I also have many Hispanic friends and family so that plays into the mix as well.

www.cubicle101.com
A friends comic strip website.

Old
  (#50)
PBO
RC-Unobtainium

05.18.2010, 08:06 PM

Haha...wasn't expecting a flame

My wife is a legal immigrant to Australia...so the issue is close to home here also

Enhanced Rustler 1515 1.5 MMM
Losi 8ight-T

Old
  (#51)
swiftneed
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.18.2010, 08:21 PM

Its funny and amazing how they do cross over into our country but take notice who are the first people that go and take advantage of their labor and cheap pay? Guess who? I have noticed first Italians, Irish , Americans who seek a way to gain monetary benefits by hiring cheap labor from people who come from a country that DO NOT have the same quality or standards that the US has I live in NYS and mention hey why if you care so much about them being here then why do you hire them to do labor an American, that is not working to do and pay him the correct wages answer that.????? I hate to rant but I HAVE SEEN THIS TO OFTEN WHETHER ITS IN YOUR GROCERY STORE OR THE LOCAL MARKET WHAT HAPPEN TO AMERICANS WORKING OR ARE THEY COLLECTING THE SAME WAY!AND WHO SUPPORTS IT OTHER IMMIGRANTS AND WE TURN OUR HEAD. THEIR GOES ANOTHER SKYSCRAPER GOING UP OH LOOK A VAN FULL OF IMMIGRANTS TO BUILD IT GO FIGURE AND SEE WHO IS TURNING THEIR HEADS POLITICIANS, GOVERMENT?

• RCM XT8 MMM NEU1521 1Y AKA TIRES HITEC 7955 TG 6S
  • MBX6T MMM CC 1518 HITEC 7955 BRAKE 5645 MG 6S LIPO

Last edited by swiftneed; 05.18.2010 at 08:27 PM.

Old
  (#52)
Krawlin
Got brushless?

05.18.2010, 08:22 PM

I didn't want to bother looking through all of the replies, but here is my take on this....

I am 100% for the Arizona immigration law, especially considering that I am only about 35 miles (if that) from the US/Mexico border. Border Patrol helicopters fly over my area pretty often, and Border Patrol trucks stopped on a side of the road with a big line of illegals is a common sight here. If you happen to be in Arizona and follow the news, a rancher was recently killed while riding his quad on his ranch property adjacent to the US/Mexico border, and footprints lead back to the border. Could have been illegals or drug dealers, but around here, stuff like that on the news is common. It's sickening that they are even able to cross the border illegally at all and even cross at places other the usual ports of entry. I'd share my opinions on what should be setup on the border and what it should do to illegal border crossers, but it would be considered "inhumane" so I won't bother.

And honestly, I don't get why all these people are complaining about racial profiling. It's not like cops are going to pull over every "tan skinned black/brown haired Hispanic looking person" they see. It just takes extra time out of their day and if they do make an arrest they have to drive them back to the county jail or w/e it is they take people when they get arrested, and I would bet money that a majority of cops probably wont want to do that all the time.

Also, the people who complain about this law, you have to wonder if they are legal themselves. I mean honestly, is it that big of a deal to give like 5 minutes of your time up to show a police officer you are a US citizen? It's not like it's going to hurt anyone to do that, unless of course they aren't here legally. And my thought is, if they complain about the law, more reason to find out of they are actually legal themselves.

Criminalizing the presence of illegal aliens is by far one of the best laws Arizona has come up with yet. After all, they are "ILLEGAL" aliens, they shouldn't be here in the first place if they are here illegally, so why wasn't this enacted a long time ago? Thanks goes to Jan Brewer, Arizona Governor.

Monster GT Conversion

Proud Member & Online Recruiter for Team Terribles!
Mugen MBX5-T - Rc-bearings.com

Last edited by Krawlin; 05.18.2010 at 08:34 PM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Krawlin Send a message via AIM to Krawlin Send a message via MSN to Krawlin  
Old
  (#53)
zeropointbug
Z-Pinch racer

05.18.2010, 08:24 PM

Did you say your wife was an illegal immigrant? Well we better let the authorities know about this.

I see more and more the middle class disappearing, and has been for the last 100 years especially, more so now than ever.

“The modern astrophysical concept that ascribes the sun’s energy to thermonuclear reactions deep in the solar interior is contradicted by nearly every observable aspect of the sun.” —Ralph E. Juergens

Old
  (#54)
E-Revonut
RC-Monster RC8T

05.18.2010, 08:49 PM

I propose that all the states that border Canada and Mexico call on all the unemployed in the state. Make them an offer to go to work, if they deny it their unemployment could be canceled for refusing work. In case you haven't figured it out I say we use all these workers to build a wall aprox. 10' tall and 3' thick of concrete along the entire border, with watch stations every 100 yards for an armed guard to stand watch. This would cost a great deal of money, that I understand, but I'm sure the cost would be offset by reducing the number of illegal immigrants receiving gov't handouts. It would also lower unemployment rates and those people would put the money back into the economy. I beleive that anyone who can't produce a proped ID confirming their citizenship should be sent back to where they came from. I have no problem with legal immigration, but those people should be required to speak english fluently. My biggest problem with any immigrant though is when they send the money they earn back to their country rather than putting it back into the economy that gave them a job. I have worked side by side with such an immigrant. The company was given aprox half his wage to hire him, he wasn't required to pay taxes for his first two years in the US and he sent about a third of his earnings back to his family in Nigeria. I find all of that wrong!

RC-Monster RC8T 1515 2.5D/MMM/5s RC-M 4500mah
SC10 MMPro 13.5T 2s NeuEnery 5000mah
RC18T Mamba 25/5400kv 2s lipo + 6s NiMh

Old
  (#55)
swiftneed
RC-Monster Carbon Fiber

05.18.2010, 08:56 PM

They should be given some type of number like our social security and then see how much they get back after taxing them then they can send back what they have left you have a choice of what to do with your own money but even if they do it funnels back to our economy somewhat and have the businessowners pay a percentage for cheap labor

• RCM XT8 MMM NEU1521 1Y AKA TIRES HITEC 7955 TG 6S
  • MBX6T MMM CC 1518 HITEC 7955 BRAKE 5645 MG 6S LIPO

Old
  (#56)
reno911
Smelly Nitro meet your maker!

05.19.2010, 07:23 PM

I just thought I would share a recent joke I got in the ole e-mail account that relates to this. May come of a bit harsh, racial profiling warning, but hey I thought it would bring a few laughs to an annoying debate that makes perfectly good sense to most who pay taxes...

So in a small local bar in Arizona sat an Afghanistan guy, a Hispanic man, and a blond from Arizona. All fairly intoxicated the Afghanistan thought to show off a bit. He took his shot of liquor and slammed it on the counter, than quickly threw it in the air and shot it to smithereens with his AK-47. "We have so much sand in Afghanistan to make shot glasses out of we don't need to drink out of the same one twice." Amused by this the Hispanic slammed back his shot of tequila and threw it in the air while pulling out his revolver and shooting it in mid air. "Shot glasses are so cheap in Mexico we don't have to drink out of the same one twice." After the Hispanic sat back down and ordered another round, the Blond smiled, polished off her beer, sat it on the counter and stood. She than pulled out her legally concealed Lady Smith .38 and shot the two gentleman she had been drinking with. Shocked the bartender looked at her and she stated, "Here in Arizona we have so many illegals we don't have to drink with the same ones twice."

Again I apologize if this offends anyone but I could not resist!

Old
  (#57)
zeropointbug
Z-Pinch racer

05.19.2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Revonut View Post
I propose that all the states that border Canada and Mexico call on all the unemployed in the state. Make them an offer to go to work, if they deny it their unemployment could be canceled for refusing work. In case you haven't figured it out I say we use all these workers to build a wall aprox. 10' tall and 3' thick of concrete along the entire border, with watch stations every 100 yards for an armed guard to stand watch. This would cost a great deal of money, that I understand, but I'm sure the cost would be offset by reducing the number of illegal immigrants receiving gov't handouts. It would also lower unemployment rates and those people would put the money back into the economy. I beleive that anyone who can't produce a proped ID confirming their citizenship should be sent back to where they came from. I have no problem with legal immigration, but those people should be required to speak english fluently. My biggest problem with any immigrant though is when they send the money they earn back to their country rather than putting it back into the economy that gave them a job. I have worked side by side with such an immigrant. The company was given aprox half his wage to hire him, he wasn't required to pay taxes for his first two years in the US and he sent about a third of his earnings back to his family in Nigeria. I find all of that wrong!

Fascist dictatorships or communists put up walls.... wait.

“The modern astrophysical concept that ascribes the sun’s energy to thermonuclear reactions deep in the solar interior is contradicted by nearly every observable aspect of the sun.” —Ralph E. Juergens

Old
  (#58)
JThiessen
RC-Monster Brushless

05.19.2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropointbug View Post
Fascist dictatorships or communists put up walls.... wait.
Ditto that. That's not what we want.

Losi 8T 1.0, Savage Flux - XL style, LST XXL, Muggy, 3.3 E-Revo Conversion and sitting outside 425hp, 831 Tq Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel. It SMOKES

1920's
Old
  (#59)
JERRY2KONE
JERRY2KONE SUPERMAXX

1920's - 05.19.2010, 09:49 PM

USA BORDERS: We are not in the 1920's any longer ya know. We put up walls, fences, lock our doors, and arm ourselves today, because the rest of the world wants what we have, and will take it any way that they can. These morons will blow themselves up and kill hundreds or even thousands of American people to take our freedoms away from us. If we do not protect our belongings including our country's borders there will not be a USA for us to brag or complain about. There are only three ways for terrorists to get into the USA. Through customs; arriving at airports, cross the border from Canada, or cross the border from Mexico. All of these areas have to be protected by our Gov in some way, and what they are doing right now is not working 100% in case you are not paying attention. If you do not want us to build some kind of protective border deterant, then what do you suggest to remedy the problem of illegal's entering our country? One thing I cannot stand is listening to people complain about the way things are being run, without a viable resolution. If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

UNEMPLOYMENT: I grew up in the 60's & 70's and was taught that if you want anything in life you had to work hard for it. I have never understood welfare and think it is a total waste of our tax dollars. Unemployment is understandable, but I think it is ill run like most Gov services. If someone is unemployed (not working) for whatever reason, why not have them work during that unemployment period in some way for the US Gov in order to properly earn that right to collect Gov supplied unemployment benefits? Work 4 days a week and look for a replacement job on the 5th day. Too many people are collecting these benefits and sitting on their asses doing absolutely nothing to return to a regular job to support themselves. It is being run just like welfare. More free cheese for the lazy. This is exactly why the USA is in such financial dire straights. Too many lazy, spoiled, idiots looking for a free handout, because somewhere along the line they gathered that the rest of the country owed it to them. because they fell on hard times.

SUPERMAXX YOUR LIFE.

Old
  (#60)
BrianG
RC-Monster Admin

05.19.2010, 09:54 PM

I agree with you Jerry. Welfare and any handout program isn't being treated as a helping hand, but as a way of life.

A couple possible corrections to your post though: Can't you get to the US by boat too? Also, aren't unemplyment benefits paid by the employer?
  Send a message via Yahoo to BrianG Send a message via MSN to BrianG