RC Monster

Go Back   RC-Monster Forums > RC-Monster Area > General Discussion

Whohoo
Old
  (#256)
rchippie
RC-Monster Brushless

Whohoo - 01.29.2013, 09:30 PM

The check came yesterday. It has been cashed & is in my savings account. Also i just bought my new frame & fork. I went with a Titanium frame & carbon fork. I got a Lynsky r330 & a enve fork. Here are some pics.

http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/store/r330.html

http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/st...road-fork.html

REAL MEN RUN BRUSHLESS

Old
  (#257)
RCShocker
RC Monster

01.30.2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
The cold-worked oversize Diamond shaped downtube/toptube combination allows for excellent handling and optimum power transfer making this the best road bike in its class. The beauty of the R330 is its ability to possess all the necessary attributes of an intense and powerful race bike without sacrificing comfort or durability.

Optimum, Best in Class, Intense, Powerful, and All Attributes. Thats Good Stuff

Glad things worked out for you.

Old
  (#258)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

01.31.2013, 11:31 AM

Post pics of the buildup Hippie.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer
GTP-Pletty Big Maxximum+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-Pro4+ZTW esc.
24s2p EVG SX 49.6mph Ebike.
18s4p Raptor 60mph Ebike. 11.5KW

Old
  (#259)
rchippie
RC-Monster Brushless

02.07.2013, 04:29 PM

American made. Here is my new bike. Below is a list of components.

Frame= Lynskey r330 Titanium
enve= Carbon fiber fork
Reynolds= Assault wheels ( Carbon)
Specialized= Carbon seat post
Ritchy wcs bars 42cm
Shimano pro stem 140mm
Sram Force Brakes & shifters
Sram Red cranks 175mm
sram cables
Look pedals
selle Smp saddle= Stratos model
Continental tires= 4000s
Gearing= FR 52/34
gearing= rr 12/21 straight block
Garmin= edge 800 with heart rate
Eleven 81= bar tape
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics3 606.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	10606  

REAL MEN RUN BRUSHLESS

Old
  (#260)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

02.07.2013, 04:56 PM

That bike is pretty Pimp, Hippie!

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer

Old
  (#261)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium

02.07.2013, 06:02 PM

Very nice indeed. I'm considering an SMP seat like that. Dad got another 2nd hand bike with the same seat. I had a quick ride down the street to get a feel... it was very comfy

Old
  (#262)
rchippie
RC-Monster Brushless

02.07.2013, 07:04 PM

Thanks guys. Panda i have the Stratos model from Selle smp.it fits me good. They make about 6 or 7 models & each one is different.

REAL MEN RUN BRUSHLESS

Home workshop
Old
  (#263)
rchippie
RC-Monster Brushless

Home workshop - 03.08.2013, 09:26 PM

Here are a few pics of my home workshop i just built.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics3 608.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	10614   Click image for larger version

Name:	pics3 610.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	10615  

REAL MEN RUN BRUSHLESS

Old
  (#264)
RCShocker
RC Monster

03.09.2013, 11:49 AM

Very well done.

I see you like the Park brand tools as well. Just something about knowing you are using the very best. Ive got a riding buddy that thinks its crazy to spend money on the good stuff.

I love building bikes.

Old
  (#265)
pinkpanda3310
RC-Monster Titanium

04.02.2013, 08:58 AM

I came off my bike yesterday First accident on the road bike. It was early morning, still dark... ish. We rounded a corner and a ute (pick up) passed us, I didn't know it was there until it was beside us, it crossed to the other side and went around us. Nice manners of the fella but it rattled me a little that I didn't hear it coming.

A little down the road I looked over my shoulder to check for cars, nothing. When I looked forward again I wasn't looking straight forward. Here we drive on the left of the road, I was near the gutter and my dad was near the centre line of the road. When I looked forward again dad was 2 foot in front of me and I was about to run into his left leg. The bike of course was leaning in that direction and I had nowhere to go. I hit the brakes but still clipped dad's back wheel and come a gutser. I barked my arm, my hip and my leg. I think I was doing about 27km/h or more.

In a matter of a couple of seconds I went from near the gutter to skidding just past the middle of the road. It f***ing eats me that I had an accident all on my own, because of me! I'm still not sure why I lost balance, dizziness/vertigo from looking back, low blood sugar, tiredness, bike set up??? I say bike set up because the neck I have is longer than usual set ups. The bloke that fitted the bike for me put it on there. Comfortable position for riding but I have a tendency to lean quite a bit on the bars as a result. This means the bike has a tendency to steer straight so in a corner I have to make that little bit more effort to pull the bars around. I don't think this was the sole reason but it may have been a combination I guess??

I guess everyone has there moments but it just shits me the reason why I crashed I suppose it's better than being hit by a car... eh Hippie??

Old
  (#266)
snellemin
2 KiloWatt RACER

04.02.2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
Here are a few pics of my home workshop i just built.
Nice wheel truer Hippie.

I have yet to buy one of them. I'm still using zipties on my frame to true my wheels.

6 KiloWatt A123 Racer

Old
  (#267)
rchippie
RC-Monster Brushless

04.02.2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanda3310 View Post
I came off my bike yesterday First accident on the road bike. It was early morning, still dark... ish. We rounded a corner and a ute (pick up) passed us, I didn't know it was there until it was beside us, it crossed to the other side and went around us. Nice manners of the fella but it rattled me a little that I didn't hear it coming.

A little down the road I looked over my shoulder to check for cars, nothing. When I looked forward again I wasn't looking straight forward. Here we drive on the left of the road, I was near the gutter and my dad was near the centre line of the road. When I looked forward again dad was 2 foot in front of me and I was about to run into his left leg. The bike of course was leaning in that direction and I had nowhere to go. I hit the brakes but still clipped dad's back wheel and come a gutser. I barked my arm, my hip and my leg. I think I was doing about 27km/h or more.

In a matter of a couple of seconds I went from near the gutter to skidding just past the middle of the road. It f***ing eats me that I had an accident all on my own, because of me! I'm still not sure why I lost balance, dizziness/vertigo from looking back, low blood sugar, tiredness, bike set up??? I say bike set up because the neck I have is longer than usual set ups. The bloke that fitted the bike for me put it on there. Comfortable position for riding but I have a tendency to lean quite a bit on the bars as a result. This means the bike has a tendency to steer straight so in a corner I have to make that little bit more effort to pull the bars around. I don't think this was the sole reason but it may have been a combination I guess??

I guess everyone has there moments but it just shits me the reason why I crashed I suppose it's better than being hit by a car... eh Hippie??

When you look back with one hand on the bars. your bike all ways drifts. Here is a tip i read on Velo news, when turning around to look. Put your hands closer to the stem. It is supposed to help with balance. At least you are okay.

Snelleim thanks. I have had it for over 15 years.

REAL MEN RUN BRUSHLESS

Last edited by rchippie; 04.02.2013 at 09:00 PM.